* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

venedesign

venedesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

My G2L (popular version / mtk6577 with 512mb ram) came today and it has been delivered to switzerland in 8 days with sweden post... super!!

the phone is great, the only bad thing I've noticed is that wifi have lots of "timeouts" (there are several times when I've to wait 'till it works again)...

Leo

Hello, I have the same problem with my G2, the wifi have many timeouts, I can't have a goo connection for more than 1 minutes.. Have tried many thing, but nothing work. If you find a solution, please tell me.

Thanks

Regards

corey2k

corey2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2H Dual Core
my wifi works, but only within abut 3 metres of my router. If i go further away the connection drops out.

On the Jiayu BBS, people are saying that the connection to the 2.4ghz aerial isn't very good, you need to open the back, bend out some connectors and close it again.

I tried opening mine, but i can't get the inside back off, i took out the 4 screws, but it's really tightly clipped in. has anyone got the back of their phone.

Here's a link to the thread with the images of the inside of the phone:
http://bbs.ejiayu.co...351888-3-1.html

venedesign

venedesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, thanks for the link, but I can't found pictures. Can you post-it ir or something else ?

Thanks

;)

corey2k

corey2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2H Dual Core
It's just those 2 little nubs above the camera.

I had a second attempt at opening my phone, but I can't get it to go. I'm sure I just need to pull it a little harder, but i don't want to damage my brand new phone

Attached Files

Waldorf

Waldorf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Got one of these phones today. Seems really good except for a problem with GPS. I just can't get it to lock on to any satellites. Using GPS Test it says that there are 11 satellties within range but it just never locks on to any of the satellites. I have GPS and every other location tool switched on.

Anyone got any ideas to solve this? GPS is crucial to me so this is a potential dealbreaker. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Shahmatt

Shahmatt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2 (6577), OSF, E51

Got one of these phones today. Seems really good except for a problem with GPS. I just can't get it to lock on to any satellites. Using GPS Test it says that there are 11 satellties within range but it just never locks on to any of the satellites. I have GPS and every other location tool switched on.

Anyone got any ideas to solve this? GPS is crucial to me so this is a potential dealbreaker. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I used the GPS status app and used the "download/reset A-GPS" feature, and it seemed to help. Sometimes the GPS locks on quickly. At other times it's much slower.

Sometimes switching off and on the GPS EPO assistance also helps.

I have not found a strong solution to the problem yet. I rely on GPS a lot too and this has come my main problem with this phone. Hopefully a decent solution will be found soon.

zazoupazou

zazoupazou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:iPhone4s, jiayu G2
Thanks for the review. Partly on its strength I bought 2 x 512MB Dual Core for my parents for Xmas to free them from the tyranny of the feature phone.

http://www.aliexpres.../675583398.html

Cost around £100 landed in UK with DHL (best carrier), inc extra battery, case and screen-protector. Got here after one false start - they got caught by a battery spot check on their way out and had to go back for some ridiculous volume of paperwork (never had this before and everything I've brought in from China has a Li battery). Took around a week in total, rather than a few days.

Only used a little, but very impressed with the specs and build quality. I think the size and weight is quite decent.

The trick to get the back off is to insert a credit card in the slot on the base - an intentional design feature I assume, which works well.

Mine also did not have a wobbly home key.

I will let you know how my parents got on using them for a while.

bas-r

bas-r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 16GB

It's just those 2 little nubs above the camera.

I had a second attempt at opening my phone, but I can't get it to go. I'm sure I just need to pull it a little harder, but i don't want to damage my brand new phone

Hey, I cannot find those pics on the Jiayu bbs. Do you mind posting them here? I need to open my phone for a screen replacement. I will take pictures, but will wait until I receive my newly ordered dual sim phone.
Just in case ;)

After some clicking around, I found the correct thread. Since that bbs is so slow, I pulled the pics. Can be downloaded here: https://dl.dropbox.c...41/Jiayu G2.zip

bas-r

bas-r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
After a screen replacement, the home button fails to work and it doesn't charge anymore. I must've done something wrong.. Anyone know any solution?

hajj_3

hajj_3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y550
android 4.1 is out for jiayu g2 (single core) btw, english too: http://www.gizchina....ingle-core-ver/

max-damage

max-damage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile pulse
Hi
If you want to instal CWM Recovery, here you go. It is only for Jiayu G2 512 RAM model:
Model : JY-G2
Hardware : MT6577
RAM : 512
Build number : G2L 20121017-121813

Just turn on USB debbuging mode and run the .bat file, your phone must be rooted
http://www.filesend....bf2ef6edcf88e98

dhoomktoo1

dhoomktoo1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:OMCSkate,SFBlade
does anyone know if chinese android phones Jiayu / newman etc are available in bangkok? my friend is planning a trip there and I am going to ask him to bring me one if they are available in bangkok market. will save me the hassles of courier / customs. if anyone knows any shops where he can get those that would be awesome. thanks for your help.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I installed the 4.1.2 Beta 1 for my jiayu g2 (dualcore). It seems to be stable so far. Only notification led is not working on mine ...

hajj_3

hajj_3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y550
Jiayu G4 has been unofficially announced btw: http://www.gizchina....a-pixel-camera/

Can be pre-ordered for $250/£155 @ alixpress with the 1800mah battery, no price for the 3000mah battery version yet.

Edited by hajj_3, 20 January 2013 - 12:35 PM.

aliaird

aliaird

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
I've got a 4.1.2 ROM (not the official one, one from LeWa I think) running really well on mine. Notification lights all seem to work OK.
I got the 'how to' here; http://forum.xda-dev...1736279&page=11
I think there are instructions on that thread about installing both Lewa recovery or CWM, either with SP Flash or Mobileuncle, from the Play store, which is easier IMHO

Shahmatt

Shahmatt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
I've mentioned earlier that I had a microphone problem. I seem to have got the issue solved. I followed instructions in this link:

http://forum.xda-dev...31&postcount=56
(post 56)

@ aliard,

How's the battery life on that ROM?

aliaird

aliaird

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
To be honest the battery life is not as good as it was on ICS I don't think. The ROM I have at the moment is the official Jiayu JB ROM. The battery just about lats a day for me but I will be honest and say I use it more like a computer than a phone, so I hit it quite hard. Is still better than any other smartphone I have had.

Shahmatt

Shahmatt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Ah. That sounds about right. My battery life has reduced since the JB upgrade.

I wonder if the Lewa or other custom ROMs have better battery life. If so I shall have a go I think.

aliaird

aliaird

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
Does anyone know how to change the screen on a G2? Mine cracked and I have ordered a replacement, but I can't find any instructions. Anyone know? Or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

bas-r

bas-r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Does anyone know how to change the screen on a G2? Mine cracked and I have ordered a replacement, but I can't find any instructions. Anyone know? Or can point me in the right direction?

I'm sure you already must've fixed it, but I did the same thing a few months ago, with success.
It's quite simple: unscrew all screws behind the batterydoor.
Take off the plastic, undo all plugs.
Now it's time to separate the glass from the digitizer. These are glued together. You can use a hairdryer to heat up the glue and divide them. I just pinched a hole through the front glass camera opening with a small screwdriver. This broke the glass and I could separate the glass bits from the digitizer.
Putting things back together is as easy as going in reverse. ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users