9 replies to this topic

JulyDerek

JulyDerek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Devices:Note
Let's continue this interesting debate here. And no personal remarks please. Let's keep the debate healthy.

WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:GT-I9000
Well..for starters.. I haven't put any protection yet. Had been using a Galaxy S for abt 18 months without any kind of covers guards etc. Back was scratched yes, but screen had hardly any marks. So personally I am not in the favor.
Yet the only reason that might force me to get a screenguard at best is the huge screen size. Managing a 4" screen is much easier to use in a protecting way than a 5.5",but for now no plans. Let's see.

JulyDerek

JulyDerek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Devices:Note

Well..for starters.. I haven't put any protection yet. Had been using a Galaxy S for abt 18 months without any kind of covers guards etc. Back was scratched yes, but screen had hardly any marks. So personally I am not in the favor.
Yet the only reason that might force me to get a screenguard at best is the huge screen size. Managing a 4" screen is much easier to use in a protecting way than a 5.5",but for now no plans. Let's see.

I have been using the Note 1 for over 9 months without any cover or screen-guard. No scratches on the screen or back. But I do have a leather pouch which I use when I put the phone in my pocket. I never used a screen-guard for my Galaxy S 2 too. No scratches there too.

Aditya_e

Aditya_e

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note 2 N7100
I never use SG on Gorrila Glass Devices. I have SGS2 with just a capdase soft cover and no SG and it still looks New. Gorilla Glass is very durable and that's why it's on 700 devices.

For the Note 2, I will put a original Capdase Soft Case and no SG.

SGs also attract fingerprints and get dents overtime. And if I use spen, it will detoriate faster.

angamb

angamb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note II
  • Twitter:@gadgetonomy
I never use a screen protector, they are difficult to apply, leaving ugly bubbles and mis-alignment. They can trap dust and grit, can cause touch malfunctions (especially with an S-Pen) and if toughened Gorilla glass isn't going to stop damage, how is a piece of plastic?

No matter how good you think you've applied it, you can still see it. They spoil the overall look and feel.

I keep mine in a good case and look after it. I never see any damage this way.

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:N7100
  • Twitter:@ithehappy
I used an expensive SG on my GS2 and it got scratched badly, so I removed it. Then it was a new screen to me and I used it for 5 months without a SG and I use things pretty badly. When I sold it there was not a tiniest scratch on the screen. So that was it, no more SG for me. SG are aesthetics killer.

gizmoz

gizmoz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Note 2

I never use a screen protector, they are difficult to apply, leaving ugly bubbles and mis-alignment. They can trap dust and grit, can cause touch malfunctions (especially with an S-Pen) and if toughened Gorilla glass isn't going to stop damage, how is a piece of plastic?

No matter how good you think you've applied it, you can still see it. They spoil the overall look and feel.

I keep mine in a good case and look after it. I never see any damage this way.

I purchased SG from samsung store. And the person there applied it on the screen without a single bubble. It is so clean.. I paid 150% of the cost.. 50% extra for clean installation (without a single bubble).

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II [GT-N7100]
There is a real misconception about these plastic covers on new phones in Latin America. Everyone puts them on because no one seems to realise many like Note II come with Gorilla Glass.

Happy phablet hacking!

Fingers

Fingers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Computing, Gadgets, Electric Guitar
  • Devices:C500, C550, M500
I have a rubberised cover, after I dropped and dented it, to protect the corners, but nothing on the screen. I just never put it in the same pocket as my keys and money

taife32

taife32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I900
I've never put a screen guard since the smartphones became glass. It just spoils the look especially when it's scratched. These modern screen are seriously tough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users