Protection or no protection for your SGN2

Guest JulyDerek

Guest WinterIsComing

Well..for starters.. I haven't put any protection yet. Had been using a Galaxy S for abt 18 months without any kind of covers guards etc. Back was scratched yes, but screen had hardly any marks. So personally I am not in the favor.

Yet the only reason that might force me to get a screenguard at best is the huge screen size. Managing a 4" screen is much easier to use in a protecting way than a 5.5",but for now no plans. Let's see.

Guest JulyDerek

Well..for starters.. I haven't put any protection yet. Had been using a Galaxy S for abt 18 months without any kind of covers guards etc. Back was scratched yes, but screen had hardly any marks. So personally I am not in the favor.

Yet the only reason that might force me to get a screenguard at best is the huge screen size. Managing a 4" screen is much easier to use in a protecting way than a 5.5",but for now no plans. Let's see.

I have been using the Note 1 for over 9 months without any cover or screen-guard. No scratches on the screen or back. But I do have a leather pouch which I use when I put the phone in my pocket. I never used a screen-guard for my Galaxy S 2 too. No scratches there too.

Guest Aditya_e

I never use SG on Gorrila Glass Devices. I have SGS2 with just a capdase soft cover and no SG and it still looks New. Gorilla Glass is very durable and that's why it's on 700 devices.

For the Note 2, I will put a original Capdase Soft Case and no SG.

SGs also attract fingerprints and get dents overtime. And if I use spen, it will detoriate faster.

I never use a screen protector, they are difficult to apply, leaving ugly bubbles and mis-alignment. They can trap dust and grit, can cause touch malfunctions (especially with an S-Pen) and if toughened Gorilla glass isn't going to stop damage, how is a piece of plastic?

No matter how good you think you've applied it, you can still see it. They spoil the overall look and feel.

I keep mine in a good case and look after it. I never see any damage this way.

Guest ithehappy

I used an expensive SG on my GS2 and it got scratched badly, so I removed it. Then it was a new screen to me and I used it for 5 months without a SG and I use things pretty badly. When I sold it there was not a tiniest scratch on the screen. So that was it, no more SG for me. SG are aesthetics killer.

I never use a screen protector, they are difficult to apply, leaving ugly bubbles and mis-alignment. They can trap dust and grit, can cause touch malfunctions (especially with an S-Pen) and if toughened Gorilla glass isn't going to stop damage, how is a piece of plastic?

No matter how good you think you've applied it, you can still see it. They spoil the overall look and feel.

I keep mine in a good case and look after it. I never see any damage this way.

I purchased SG from samsung store. And the person there applied it on the screen without a single bubble. It is so clean.. I paid 150% of the cost.. 50% extra for clean installation (without a single bubble).

• 5 months later...
Guest pedrojaime

There is a real misconception about these plastic covers on new phones in Latin America. Everyone puts them on because no one seems to realise many like Note II come with Gorilla Glass.

• 1 month later...
Guest Fingers

I have a rubberised cover, after I dropped and dented it, to protect the corners, but nothing on the screen. I just never put it in the same pocket as my keys and money

Guest taife32

I've never put a screen guard since the smartphones became glass. It just spoils the look especially when it's scratched. These modern screen are seriously tough.