China brands - what do you want to see

Guest aaroNiGHTS

Guest aaroNiGHTS

Here on MoDaCo we are branching out to cover the more obscure China based brands of Phones and devices. Unfortunately, this can be a rather daunting challenge. The shear amount of brands and phones that are being released on an almost weekly basis means reviewing them all is hard and giving them all a little community here is close to impossible.

So what would you like to see? What kind of coverage do you think is best for these devices?

Would it be best to cover only a handful of devices in some detail, or cover a wide range of devices more broadly? The majority of these phones are based on the same Mediatek processors and technology, so would having overviews and general reviews of these platforms be enough?

I'm very excited to see this new frontier of gadgets getting more mainstream coverage. I'd love to get any suggestions or feedback you might have about this. Please share your thoughts here, or if you'd prefer you can buzz me on Twitter - @aaronights.

Guest tiktok1

I think picking a few that stand out for more in depth coverage would be great.

I'd be interested in the Huawei U8836D (MT6577) as a starter suggestion !

Edited by tiktok1

Guest metal.mickey

IM looking into budget 10 inch tablets at the moment at around a £100.

have no problems with an imported model so long as its up to scratch.

any reviews would be greatly apreesh.

MM

Guest everett_psycho

I think the cidotw feature would generally be enough for most. After a couple of months there will be a good bit of background for a selection of devices for people to read up on.

The only other suggestion is getting feedback for importers in one place so between users we can know who can be trusted to get you your device and who will fob you off with lies