My Vega is Reborn - Well Almost!

Guest barnston

Guest barnston

Hi Guys

Not been around for a while as my Vega (running Vegacomb 3.2) has been in cupboard for a while since I picked up another tablet (an AC1s Fusion Extra). At the weekend I re-set up my Vega, permanently docked in kitchen and connected to small amp to act as a mini tv (via Freeview App, Iplayer and Sling Player), Recipe Finder, Weather forecaster and music streamer (either via NAS or onboard content).

I deleted a good deal of Apps I would no longer need but then ran in to problem with Google Play. When I tried to update apps via Play I got a permanent error message and a force close window. Went in to Play App and cleared data and cache but no luck. Cleared the installed updates to Play and got back to old market app. Opened that and then accepted T&C's to Google Play and can download one App at a time but then get the permanent error/force close if I try and download a 2nd App. I tried a factory resest and checked date and time correct but still no luck. I can go through the process of uninstalling Play updates and getting one App via opening Market and upgrading to Play each time, but it really is annoying. Anyone got any ideas of anything else to try?

Thanks

Guest barnston

Oh well, tried fiddling with it last night and in middle of playing with market settings it did a reboot and then now stuck in constant reboot! Can get to unlock screen and slide to open, 3-4 seconds later it reboots itself. Guess I'm looking at reflashing unless anyone has got any suggestions?

Last time I flashed it with Vegacomb I managed it by luck more than judgement. Is there a definitive Idiots Guide to the best current ROM and how to do it?

Thanks

Guest barnston

Well thanks to the guidance on here I managed to reflash but still have same problem with Market crashing as soon as it updates to Play Store. Found work around by uninstalling all updates to Play App and leaving Market as it was originally. All Apps accessed via Play webpage download and install fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I've hade the same problem with VegaComb on later days.

I can't figure out what it is, and not even the workaround with leaving Market app to original Market and not Google Play didn't help either.

So I just flashed VegaCream instead.

I think it's stable enough for daily use and Play Store works good!

Maybe you should try VegaCream too, because VegaComb is outphased now with VegaCream (ICS) on it, even VegaBean is available for the Vega now, but I didn't find it stable enough, but it was a while ago I tested it last.

Guest barnston

I've hade the same problem with VegaComb on later days.

I can't figure out what it is, and not even the workaround with leaving Market app to original Market and not Google Play didn't help either.

So I just flashed VegaCream instead.

I think it's stable enough for daily use and Play Store works good!

Maybe you should try VegaCream too, because VegaComb is outphased now with VegaCream (ICS) on it, even VegaBean is available for the Vega now, but I didn't find it stable enough, but it was a while ago I tested it last.

Funnily enough it has fixed itself. After downloading Apps via website, it decided that an update to Play was due and Vega downloaded it automatically. Been fine since via Playstore.