44 replies to this topic

codroid

codroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:Moto G
I have tried everything to get this device to sleep but I always wake up with a loss of around half what I had before I went to sleep. I am familiar with android and have never had sleep problems, I have no auto sync, data/wifi is always off when screen off, CPU spy always shows the device spending 70% of the time at 600Mhz. Even from a clean install I have the problem and, that is with xolo apps removed and social gallery, I even remove YouTube as it depends on Google play services a well known wake app. I also have deep sleep battery doctor set to slumber so that there is always deep sleep with screen off, ontop of that I have greenify with all user apps selected for sleep at screen off.

Edited by codroid, 26 February 2013 - 08:44 AM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

I have tried everything to get this device to sleep but I always wake up with a loss of around half what I had before I went to sleep. I am familiar with android and have never had sleep problems, I have no auto sync, data/wifi is always off when screen off, CPU spy always shows the device spending 70% of the time at 600Mhz. Even from a clean install I have the problem and, that is with xolo apps removed and social gallery, I even remove YouTube as it depends on Google play services a well known wake app. I also have deep sleep battery doctor set to slumber so that there is always deep sleep with screen off, ontop of that I have greenify with all user apps selected for sleep at screen off.

And what does https://play.google....HRlcnlzdGF0cyJd say? Presuming you've got it installed(or similar).
I would start with removing deep sleep battery doctor perhaps and working your way through the apps to find the culprit.

Edit:- it may be that something that works on ARM just doesn't like the X86 architecture.

Edited by BlueMoonRising, 26 February 2013 - 09:05 AM.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

codroid

codroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I have found what keeps the device awake at night but have no idea what it is, this matches with what CPU spy says, I reset CPU spy before bed and on wake it shows 6 hours at 600Mhz.

Anyone have an idea what the top two processes are causing kernel wake ?

Attached Files

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF
You have to check the Partial Wakelocks screen.

Edit :- A useful short piece if you're new to wakelocks is here - http://android.stack...haned-wakelocks

Edited by BlueMoonRising, 27 February 2013 - 12:23 PM.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

codroid

codroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I did check partial wake and there was no problems so I looked elsewhere and found the problem is at kernel level. I done a little google search on suspend backoff and found some talk of chrome, which is not installed, I use stock ics browser which is far more reliable and faster than any browser. So no idea what the problem is but, I do love a good challenge so I will solve it :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users