Photo

We have 5 copies of CoPilot to give away!

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

vulpy

vulpy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:galaxy nexus/ tf700
Hi, a hopeless geek myself... can't forget the times when I needed an external antenna for my GPS. Once managed to spin round in circles for 30 min waiting for a gps lock and finally realising that I forgot to connect the antenna ;)

AlessandroVilla

AlessandroVilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Inq Cloud Touch + ZTE V11
Hi, I'am Alessandro and I'm from italy. One time I was driving from Rome to Paris using Google Maps on my old old Android 2.2, and suddendly the phone's battery drop down when I entered France. I will never forget that trip.

mick1475

mick1475

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
A days driving in Scotland in a 1946 road cruiser, great weather, fantastic views!

ghostofcain

ghostofcain

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy s3
  • Twitter:@ghostocain
Been using Android for the past Four years (a palm defector) HTC Magic, then HTC Desire HD, after the will they wont they ICS debacle Jumped ship to Samsung (with the will they wont they Exynos Sources debacle)

Driving from Liverpool to Criccieth via the scenic route, just cleared the highest part of the a470 (just outside Trawsfynydd) when the brakes on my 2cv decided to give out. Pretty hair raising dropping down towards Porthmadog using engine braking and my hand brake to slow the car down on the twisty roads, certainly memorable.

Chewy11

Chewy11

Snowboarder

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Android
  • Devices:Nexus7, Galaxy Nexus, Infuse
  • Twitter:@chewy1177
Hi I've been using Andoids since summer 2010.
I use a Nexus 7 (with no digitizer...) as a GPS in my car, I tether it to my phone (EVO3D or Infuse).
My most memorable road trip was from Montreal to Calgary to go snowboarding in Banff National Park. 45hrs each way with 2 weeks of spring slush riding @ Sunshine Resort in Alberta.

-Asus Nexus 7 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Logitech Revue Google TV - HTC EVO 3D GSM - Samsung Infuse - I LOVE Snowboarding -

pagggy

pagggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i using copilot live free on my htc sensation
my memorable road trip is trip to corwall from london in high winds and rain !!

Mikey242

Mikey242

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I'm Mike, been using Android since my HTC Desire in 2010. My most memorable drive was from my home to the bypass and back lol. I I'm still learning to drive but when I get my licence this would really come in handy!

alfabet

alfabet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Bought my first Android phone a few years ago - a T-Mobile Pulse which was great thanks to the scene at Modaco. Currently considering what the next bargain will be!

My most memorable drive was arriving in Ottawa with work and picking up a hire car, then navigating the rush-hour traffic - my first time driving a left-hand drive car AND an automatic!

moritz2k

moritz2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Hi, I love Android since my HTC Hero, of course with the fabulous MoDaCo Custom ROM.
My most memorable road trip was as a co-driver, where I have to guide the driver through the Arc de Triomphe. I was 12 years old ;-)

bruisah

bruisah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus One
Most memorable journey? Epic solo motorbike ride from Madird to Paris to meet smoe friends and catch the 1999 solar eclipse. I made great time through to the north of Spain, then I crossed into France - I had no French Francs, and I don't speak French so despite continually thinking that I should really stop for the night, I just kept going.

Finally arrived at my destination - Soissons, at 5am, in the middle of a fantastic thunderstorm! 1,000 miles in 17 hours (including one and a half loops round the Boulevard Périphérique in Paris when I missed my exit without realising!).

Skeese

Skeese

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
I had a P910i and a bluetooth GPS unit paired with it, yes this was years ago!

I went shopping with the girlfriend, went on the motorway to try a different route, only to have someone call me, interrupt my sense of direction, even though I was only going straight. Best of the all, the phone froze!

I started yelling at the phone, girlfriend in the passenger seat just laughing hysterically at me :(

Managed to get it sorted as the girlfriend helped with her calm and collective approach, so looks like women are needed, sometimes! Ha

Would love CoPilot on my phone!

Ribs85

Ribs85

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 16GB
I think my favourite road journey was when I was visiting the New Forest on holiday last year.

Jumped in the car and drove from our campsite in Hollands Wood... Not too sure where we ended up, but the scenery was fantastic. Really enjoyed the views over the fields of heather, with the wild ponies and horses, some of which decided to cross the road we were driving on (trick is to slow to a dead crawl, but not stop. When you stop, so do they, right in front of you!)

Sometimes the best journeys are the ones done without any planning whatsoever, but they can also be the worst journeys!

Volvo-ninja

Volvo-ninja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
I like Volvo 240 cars as they are so easy to fix.
The most memorable drive was down through France while going on holiday. The pesky sat-nav got a junction wrong which delayed us by about two hours by the time we got past that point. So we were running late and and I had to keep my foot down a bit to get to the camp site at a reasonable time. The only problem was that the bearings in the gear box were complaining at the start and got louder as the journey went on. But we made it there and round about and then home again afterwards without the gear box exploding even if my nerves were a bit frayed!
If I'd had CoPilot on my phone then I'm sure it would have been so much easier!

Gary Crutcher

Gary Crutcher

Developer/Integrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II / Galaxy S III
Hi Paul,

My most memorable drive was out in Napa Valley in California. What a beautiful country drive it was. The valley is covered with wineries and beautiful scenery. You don't want to drive fast as you may miss something. it was fun stopping throughout the drive and visiting some of the wineries to enjoy the good wine tastings but also some very good food. I spent the whole day just cruising around enjoying the sites, food and wine. What a relaxing trip it was!

Omnia I900 (Khuanchai custom ROM 21928/23016)
Omnia II (My Own JH2/23689 Lite Custom Rom)
Galaxy S III 16 GB (ZSEMI1 ROM, Siyah-s3-v1.9 kernel)

Note 3 (N900, Rooted, Unlocked, KitKat)
Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) (Rooted, my own custom KitKat ROM)
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work, Donations Happily Accepted.
>>>Donation Link<<<

MANBAT2

MANBAT2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2
Loved CoPilot on my Windows Mobile 5 & 6....

Blaufeld66

Blaufeld66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ASUS Transformer TF101
  • Twitter:@Blaufeld
Hi, I'm Andrea from Rome, Italy. I'm 46 yrs old, a big fan of photography and motorbike travels,
and 4 years ago I decide to take a little challenge: do the "Saddlesore 1600K", a run of more than 1600 Km in under 24 hours.
So I took my Moto Guzzi V11, my Garmin navigator and started from Grosseto (Tuscany) at around 05.00 AM of July 29th
goin thru La Spezia, Alessandria, Turin, Milan, Vicenza and back again, totalling 1730 km in 22 hours and being back
in Grosseto at 03.00 AM, tired but VERY happy!!!

Umrtvovacz

Umrtvovacz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Hi, I love Androids since I got my first one. My memorable trip is one with Google navigation, which led me into labyrinth of one way streets, with the one I needed to take closed down. I had to go wrong way in the one way street and people were looking at me angrily, but I got where I needed to. I completely confused the navigation in the process.

Al_1604

Al_1604

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E2 Duo
Not really much of a memorable trip but shows that satnav should be made 'weather aware'.
Two winters ago (in the bad snow) I had to travel for work from Uppingham (Rutland) to Nottingham. Part way along the A47 my TomTom directed me to turn right at Belton in Rutland (a beautiful village) and I ended up on a narrow single track road which was OK until I got to a steep hill (I think the sign said 12% - I later found it marked with a 'double chevron' on the OS map ) which was completely impassable in the weather conditions (I had a couple of goes). I ended up having to reverse about 1/2 a mile before I found a farm gate with enough space to turn round. The scenery was stunning but the satnav nearly went out of the window (except I still needed it for when I got back to the main road).

mvansluis

mvansluis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, My name is Mathieu. I'm from Holland. I've been using samrtphones since 2005 I think. The firt one was a qtek 2020. I've used about 8. All qtek/htc.

My most memorable drive was in 2004 drive home from Croatia. At one point I was driving 118 mph on the German highway.....in a Renault Twingo. :-)

andr14

andr14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire S
  • Twitter:@andr
Hi, I'm Andrew from Latvia. I'm an Android user since last year and got to this site via Tweakdeck when the original Tweetdeck got abandoned.

The most memorable is the examination drive when I finally got my license :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users