Photo

Is there a way to turn off / deactivate the button lights on the OMC?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

MadeInMachines

MadeInMachines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate
They drive me mad. Seems like my phone is always trying to get my attention for some reason whether its the mryiad of updates, low battery, a text...or some other random notification.

I want it to stop as I find myself often going on the phone just to get rid of the alert as the flashing distracts me. Is there any app or thing I can do to disable flashing button alerts? It would actually be much less annoying if they didn't flash but just stayed on red/green but getting rid of it all together would suit me well.

Thanks

leehang

leehang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Blade GEN2
screendim full.apk

MadeInMachines

MadeInMachines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Excellent, thanks very much mate

Edited by MadeInMachines, 17 October 2012 - 11:54 AM.

MadeInMachines

MadeInMachines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
That button light function of this software doesn't seem to be working on my ZTE :( Any other ideas?

oscar-mark

oscar-mark

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia Arc S

That button light function of this software doesn't seem to be working on my ZTE :( Any other ideas?

Saw one thread on XDA, link coming soon...

oscar-mark

oscar-mark

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

MadeInMachines

MadeInMachines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Thanks I'll give that a try and report back. How do you 'mount /system as read and write' though?

oscar-mark

oscar-mark

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Thanks I'll give that a try and report back. How do you 'mount /system as read and write' though?

In ADB I think, I haven't tried so I don't know :/

m4te

m4te

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
On Cyanogen roms, you can disable button light if you customize automatic brightness, so you just disable it for every setting

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

On Cyanogen roms, you can disable button light if you customize automatic brightness, so you just disable it for every setting

Yeah but he's talking about notifications right? You can just turn off the notifications of your apps though. It's definitely possible for the sms and mailing app, whatever other apps you're using that have notifications probably can turn off as well. Just open the settings and uncheck notification in statusbar. The only notification you can't turn off this way is the low battery notification, the charging notification and the missed call notification. But would you really want those gone?

If you want to turn off the regular white lights on the buttons, you should use CM and edit the auto-brightness settings.

MadeInMachines

MadeInMachines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Yeah but he's talking about notifications right? You can just turn off the notifications of your apps though. It's definitely possible for the sms and mailing app, whatever other apps you're using that have notifications probably can turn off as well. Just open the settings and uncheck notification in statusbar. The only notification you can't turn off this way is the low battery notification, the charging notification and the missed call notification. But would you really want those gone?

If you want to turn off the regular white lights on the buttons, you should use CM and edit the auto-brightness settings.

Yes we are really. I can't find uncheck notification in status br. Can anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users