Is there a way to turn off / deactivate the button lights on the OMC?

Guest MadeInMachines

Guest MadeInMachines

They drive me mad. Seems like my phone is always trying to get my attention for some reason whether its the mryiad of updates, low battery, a text...or some other random notification.

I want it to stop as I find myself often going on the phone just to get rid of the alert as the flashing distracts me. Is there any app or thing I can do to disable flashing button alerts? It would actually be much less annoying if they didn't flash but just stayed on red/green but getting rid of it all together would suit me well.

Thanks

Guest oscar-mark
Thanks I'll give that a try and report back. How do you 'mount /system as read and write' though?

In ADB I think, I haven't tried so I don't know :/

Guest Redstarr1

On Cyanogen roms, you can disable button light if you customize automatic brightness, so you just disable it for every setting

Yeah but he's talking about notifications right? You can just turn off the notifications of your apps though. It's definitely possible for the sms and mailing app, whatever other apps you're using that have notifications probably can turn off as well. Just open the settings and uncheck notification in statusbar. The only notification you can't turn off this way is the low battery notification, the charging notification and the missed call notification. But would you really want those gone?

If you want to turn off the regular white lights on the buttons, you should use CM and edit the auto-brightness settings.

• 3 months later...
Guest MadeInMachines

Yeah but he's talking about notifications right? You can just turn off the notifications of your apps though. It's definitely possible for the sms and mailing app, whatever other apps you're using that have notifications probably can turn off as well. Just open the settings and uncheck notification in statusbar. The only notification you can't turn off this way is the low battery notification, the charging notification and the missed call notification. But would you really want those gone?

If you want to turn off the regular white lights on the buttons, you should use CM and edit the auto-brightness settings.

Yes we are really. I can't find uncheck notification in status br. Can anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks