In pictures: Nexus 7 32GB confirmed at £199

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest StuMcBill

I feel a little bit cheated by Google........but its always the same with early adopters!

I would have loved a 32Gb Model, because I am getting a bit low on storage when I have a few of the larger games running (A Bards Tale for example).

16Gb Max might be a bust for me when it comes to the Next Nexus (4) also!

Guest fishsticks

Rargh! I'm a 16GB owner. Bit miffed that they're doing double the storage not even 6 months later for the same price. I suppose they did reward early adopters with £15 of play store credit though.

Guest glossywhite

I say get over it - who needs (not wants, needs) all that storage on a device that can be plugged into a PC *any* time you want, and have the PC backup all the files?

Obviously products get better over time - why would you have been "cheated"?

#overpamperedwesternworld

Guest everett_psycho
I say get over it - who needs (not wants, needs) all that storage on a device that can be plugged into a PC *any* time you want, and have the PC backup all the files?

Someone who wants to take their tablet on holiday where they have neither a PC or available internet connection?

Guest StuMcBill

I use my tablet to play games, so the bigger the storage the better.

On the 16Gb and tried to install A Bards Tale (3.5Gb for Tegra 3 version), the new NFS (rumoured to be 4Gb), then I would have used half my space already and thats only 2 games!! They are touted as "do everything" entertainment devices.....but Google need to realise that, although they are pushing their cloud storage, that substantial on device storage is a MUST.

And I don't buy the "products get better over time" argument - are you saying that Google were not capable of putting 32Gb in this device 6 months ago, but now they are? I don't believe that for a second.

When they released the Nexus 7, they should have said "There will be a 32Gb version coming soon" - job done!

Bought the 16Gb version and pleased to see they're equalling the Kindle Fire models on memory now.

I've never got near to filling mine up as I stream everything from my NAS at home and just download some bits and pieces for long journeys.

Would rather have had the extra few months use of it than wait for the 32Gb model - you can spend forever doing that.

Guest comicbookguy

Tw@!

Tbh I'm probably more stressed that the pogo pin dock has gone AWOL, as long as I can charge and use OTG together 16gb is not an issue.

Edited by comicbookguy

I do feel cheated by google, I only have had my nexus for about a month and now they go and double the storage for the same price. Not happy...

At the end of the day, if you bought an 8 or 16 and thought you got a got deal at the time (which you should have, because its a good device at a good price) I don't know why you should feel cheated for not having the extra memory. They never made any guarantees about future capacity bumps, and even gave free store credit too. If 8 or 16 wasn't enough why did you buy it in the first place? I knew it wasn't enough for me so I deliberately waited.

To be honest, 32gb or not the N7 is still really the only android tablet even worth investing in IMO (unless you buy something very cheap in china) and now it's actually a viable option for those wanting decent storage too.

With the iPad mini looming large on the horizon google has to do what it can to draw in as many people as possible to the platform to compete with the inevitable millions upon millions of mini iPad sales and new iOS users.

Guest masterpfa

Having been an early adapter one might have thought I would be peeved at this announcement, far from it, at these price-points I would have no qualms in getting another and handing down my existing 16 Gb to a family member. Primarily because the £199 for the existing 16Gb was an awesome price for a virtually fully fledged tablet which in one fell swoop undercut the half baked as well as the overpriced tablets that were currently available

I think if this is to come to fruition it would be a great move by Google.

Guest Evilkern

I'm not too bothered at the moment. I've still got 12gb free apparently on my 16gb tablet, i've not found myself running out, I think because of the poor camera, I don't use it for taking photos or videos, and for music I've got google music set up, so don't need to store huge amounts of stuff. I guess another 16gb for free would be good, but i'm quite happy with my discount and the £15 credit, which has meant i've bought stuff I may have otherwise thought too expensive.!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.