Need help Installing a ROM

Guest epichomie

Guest epichomie

I had installed the official update of ICS using instructions given here http://huaweig300.com/ and my phone was rooted.

So my friend was using my mobile, installing new apps, launchers and all, I don't know. All of a sudden he tells me the phone can't boot up it gets stuck at Android screen, where logo of "Android" is like shining or something, I asked him if he saw the "allow" and "deny" screen (I was talking about the superuser permission because only that can bring any change to OS) and he said he did and selected "allow". I factory resetted and wiped the cache,partition whatever they are by going to android recovery console (Volume Up + Power Button), then I downloaded "HUAWEI_U8815_Android_2.3_V100R001C02B882_England_Vodafone_05010XJM" and tried to install update.app file (Both Volume Buttons + Power Button) but I couldn't the pink progress bar stops progressing after a while. (I have a 2gb memory card and it had only dload/update.app file nothing else)

I tried installing Clockwork Mod Recovery(Volume Down+ Power Button) but that didn't work either. I've tried different images of CWM.

I don't care which ROM I've to download, I just want to get an interface so that I can call,message etc. I don't remember my baseband number (think it was 90808 or something) nor build number and I'm from India (if that helps)

Thanks for reading this and helping me out.

Edited by epichomie

Guest epichomie

I think I'm in a big trouble here, I cannot possible install CWM because I don't have any OS right now, my phone is like dead, and there are no stock official firmwares available for my build number, I cannot even change my IMEI to fool the updating process. Is there any firmware that is universal and will install in any phone or something?

Edited by epichomie

Guest epichomie

I've tried most of the firmwares, all get stuck after sometime! I understand that you need two things for CWM 1) Root your phone (Done) 2) Unlock Bootloader (can't do it - Segmentation Error or something)

I tried installing CWM but it shows an error - Writing Failed : remote command not allowed or something

Guest Hoggonator

Have you tried the downgrade/middleware tool then loading the stock gingerbread and going through the OTA upgrades? Always works for me (luckily, touch wood etc etc)

Guest epichomie

Have you tried the downgrade/middleware tool then loading the stock gingerbread and going through the OTA upgrades? Always works for me (luckily, touch wood etc etc)

You've raised a new hope for me, will try that and post update.

Edit: ok I don't know what to say. I literally spent hours in this, I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH Hoggonator. I was even thinking of replacing the phone and all! but It WORKED. THANKS THANKS ! aosldjlajsdljlasdurptiitfdfdsgfh

Edited by epichomie

Guest Hoggonator

No worries, I only managed to do it myself because others helped me.

I am sticking to GB on the latest version, I have CWM on and have backed up, I have also backed up via HiSuite and other tools..... (not that I am paranoid,...)

Soon as ICS come out I will upgrade OTA then move to JB and remove the bloat once the excellent Dazaozzo completes his work.