• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

James Norton

James Norton

AKA @nortools on Twitter

• Senior News Team
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
Having never used the San Diego, I am not really in a position to comment. But the software build on the RAZR i is excellent and free from any carrier branding or bloatware. I think that is worth money in itself.

The resolution of a screen does not entirely determine its ultimate quality. The panels in last years RAZR and the RAZR i have the same resolution but are very very different screens.

The final point on this I would make is that part of the price is undoubtedly there to account for how small the RAZR i is. Its dimensions are actually slightly smaller, especially in thickness and yet you get a larger screen and the promise of much better battery life.

vermat17

vermat17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, OSF
Do you know whether the lockscreen supports facial recognition or not??

James Norton

James Norton

AKA @nortools on Twitter

• Senior News Team
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Do you know whether the lockscreen supports facial recognition or not??

Yes, it does support face unlock.

alphabetagaga

alphabetagaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:RAZR i
a concern is the non removeable battery. how long on avg do these things last or are we in unknown territory outside of apple?

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

I think you're probably on the wrong site then glossywhite...

My device to me isn't a phone, I rarely make calls on it, it really is my portable computer.

P

He has a point. I wonder just how many people have multiple portables that perform very similar tasks with a small variation in form factor because they think they need them. As a tech enthusiast, one can conveniently dodge that question. ;) Certainly, when it comes to x86 devices with a 4.3" display, the potential is there for a handheld that comfortably performs almost all the roles that one might expect a portable handheld to cover, without the 'need' for a tablet and with all the benefits of x86 and none of present shortcomings of ARM.

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts
Hi Paul. I love your YouTube reviews, but you seem to have all but given up doing them, or are you too busy? :)

I hope you'll do more; in this day and age, static text and images only convey half the story.

Thank you :)

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:Im a techy who tests phones to the max!!
  • Devices:Xperia SP
here is an unboxing video for anyone that's interested,the guys shows most of what important..
have a look:

I was once a noob like you.... until i bricked my G300. ^_^
If i helped you or you just like my topic/post ,give me some rep with the green button

lukeyboymac

lukeyboymac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Great review and genuine thanks to unfitguy. Had my one x nicked and needed a cheap replacement. Got this for £215 brand new from cex. Nearly had to buy a lumia 800 eek...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users