Help upgrading Ascend G300 to ICS..."Update Failed"

Guest denzele

Guest denzele

Hi

I have a problem with upgrading my Huawei Ascend G300 to ICS Android. Followed this topic http://huaweig300.co...m-from-scratch/ everything was going fine until page 5 where update keeps failing all the time.Tried "midlle package" to install many times but still getting "Update Failed".My Version is U8815V100R001C00B900 if that helps . This is what i found out from Huawei itself...

Before updating this V100R001C00B934 4.0 normal Version, please firstly check the phone's sofyware version by System settings->About phone->Build number.

Only the followed versions are recommended to upgrade to the V100R001C00B934 Version.

For other software versions, please don't update to the V100R001C00B934 Version because of possible failure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Versions can be upgraded:

U8815V100R001C00B915

U8815V100R001C00B916

U8815V100R001C00B918

U8815V100R001C00B929

U8815V100R001C00B933

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So is this means my version can't be upgraded?

Do I need to downgrade to any of this versions up there to be able to upgrade to ICS?

Any help would be real bless because I've been trying to upgrade for last few days without any luck at all.. :((

Edited by denzele

why not try the latest ICS build by Huawei for Yoigo Spain from here:

http://www.yoigo.com...R001C86B944.rar

just put /dload1/update.app on the SDcard as /dload/update.app and start phone with both volume buttons and the on/off button pressed simultaneously.

So far has been working with all builds :)

Edited by KaterM

Guest denzele

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't B900 already an ICS build? Actually, I've never heard of that version of GB.

Hi guys thanks for replies

When i bought phone it was this version B893 and then few days ago software update came on around 40 MB to upgrade to B900 which i assumed might be some version of ICS.After update finished realized it is still on GB 2.3.6. Android version.Not sure what happened or what actually changed ( honestly noting ).

I wish that someone can explain to me how i had first of all version B893 when everybody else has B892 in first place.Also what this version means B900 because I've been searching around for that version and no luck at all.

KaterM.. if nothing I'll try that one..how stable it is?Any bugs?

Thanks again for help... :)

Edited by denzele

Guest denzele

You are on gingerbread. You will need the middle package to update to ics. Links everywhere.

Yes I'm aware that I'm still on GB.."middle package" used from various locations still "Update Failed" unless I didn't do it correct way.If it is not trouble to tell me procedure one more time for "middle package".

thanks...

Guest denzele

I've got respond from Huawei about my version...

Thank you for your email.

You may not upgraded it to ICS 4.0.

Because we have receive feedback from other users that after they have upgraded their version , the phone system will become more slower and sometimes lead to lot of " force close " activity.

Best regards

Wan

Huawei Customer Support

Please visit us at http://www.huaweidevice.com

Damn... :(

Edited by denzele

Guest denzele

have you tried updating using the oficial B944 using the "3 button method" as I suggested?

It has yet to fail xD

Just tried "Update Failed" half way when installing ...arghhhh what i need to do get hold on ICS???Frikin' version....:(

Guest Mctrixy

Hi Denzele,

I am actually in the same position as you.

Before trying the ICS upgrade as shown on in the guide here, I tried to see if an update was available automatically through the phone. It worked and downloaded what I assumed was ICS, however, soon turned out to be the B900 software and still GingerBread.

Since then I have tried the ICS B926 upgrade, followed the guide step by step, which failed halfway through, tried the "middle" update also, but to no avail.

Frustrating stuff.

Out of curiosity Denzel, where did you buy your phone? Australia? Did it come with all the Vodafone bloatware on it?

Guest denzele

Hi Mctrixy,

Yeah mate Australia Vodafone..I unlocked the phone to use Telstra Sim Card ..that update to B900 probably stuffed up possibility of upgrading to ICS..been searching everywhere for B900 version no luck except only in OZ..tried so many upgrade versions and downgrades NOTHING WORKS...Yeah still got all Vodafone garbage...

I'm actually happy that I didn't brick the phone because of all this stupid things...I well may stay on GB if nothing...Of course Voda OZ not going to do anything about upgrading ...Frickin' sad consider that NZ and UK have official releases of ISC Android 4.0..

I'll keep you informed mate if there's any way of getting ICS..

Guest Mctrixy

I'll keep you informed mate if there's any way of getting ICS..

Likewise.

It seems we're the only people to come across this specific issue on the forum also.

I wonder if there is a way to downgrade to another GB software, then upgrade to ICS.

Edited by Mctrixy

Guest denzele

Yep it seems that might be way to go around this thing...Well in mean time i managed to fix my old phone (Huawei Sonic U8650 - smashed screen) just in case if something goes wrong Ascend ( can't be without phone these days heh..)...

Ok the update we did it's apparently 2.3.6 Maintenance Release which it does nothing much expect fixes few bugs and speeds performance..See pic attached..

post-996611-0-46814600-1352206185_thumb.

Other than that nothing from Vodafone more to come in long time I think.So in my case phone is rooted and IMEI is backed up all is left to do update to ICS and be happy again :)...Just hope that ICS is worth me spending so much time and efforts on it...;(

Guest denzele

Now I've done it!!!

After all this trying to update phone all I'm getting now is the Huwaei logo comes on the phone vibrates and just keep loping.No way of passing this to turn the phone off.If I press volume up and down with power button screen goes pink... :(.

Took the batery out few times still same..Some guys reckon to go on original rom that came with the phone on by placing rom on root of your sd card and then holding volume + and - with power..but where the hell i get this since my original version was something like B893..This is Vodafone Australia...???

Should just stay on GB and enjoy my phone..now it might be good time to say BYE BYE Ascend... :(

Edited by denzele

Guest denzele

hmmm..just found out that Vodafone Australia FINALLY testing official ICS for Huwaei Ascend G300..

ahh well patience is the key sometimes....

Anyone knows how to get back on GB again ...what downgrade (if any) have to do...Cause i didn't upgrade to ICS at all..

I think problem might be when I run unlock BOOTLOADER after that all this started with Huwaei logo pops up vibrates and goes on and off like crazy...

I even tried http://support.vodafone.com.au/articles/FAQ/How-to-restore-factory-settings-on-the-Huawei-Ascend-G300 nothing ...urgrgrg

I just want my phone back...:(

Edited by denzele

Guest denzele

I will be returning mine tommorow to seller because there's no way of fixing this one...phone 's gone I think..need new IMEI I re kon..just hopping it will work return ..2 months old only..let you know what happened..

Edited by denzele