Cant seem to really understand what youve done can you explain better please?:o

ferriscat

ferriscat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:g300
Hi

I changed my screen protector and the proximity sensor went mental, I re flashed the phone and everything, all I needed to do was remove the screen protector and it all worked after that..

maninhas

maninhas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300
  • Twitter:@MANINHAS
Hum...

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300
Where are the 8 screws? - I can only see 3 when I take the back cover off & the battery out - one either side of the battery and one at the top right of the battery (all going in to the white plastic)

Currently using:-

Posted Image

cjcandrei

cjcandrei

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

Where are the 8 screws? - I can only see 3 when I take the back cover off & the battery out - one either side of the battery and one at the top right of the battery (all going in to the white plastic)

One screw is covered with some white paper. You'll pierce it to unscrew it. After this you'll have to take down the two plastic covers that have the power button at the top and the usb at the bottom. After this you'll notice another 4 screws there. I've unscrewed them all and inserted a piece of paper folded a couple of times between the power button and the plastic that covers it ... Put everything back again. You can test it before putting together the two pieces of plastic with the power button and the usb.
A and another thing. You don't need to do everything that this guy does in the video. I didn't even taken down the whole plastic cover that this guy is struggling to do at 3:15. Hope I helped.
Here a youtube link that helped me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gx1rchvZmg

Edited by cjcandrei, 23 October 2012 - 01:32 PM.

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300
Any chance of a pic as to the location of the paper please, as I have tried in various locations around the power button and inside plastic cover and external plastic cover, but had had no luck yet!!

I have noticed that the 'pressing the screen during call' workaround has become a bit more responsive since opening up the phone though!

Thanks!!

Currently using:-

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users