* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

SparkTheDark

SparkTheDark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Its working on GB stock and on ICS stock.

Just to confirm before i take the plunge - you have to either be running a complete stock version of GB or ICS and you can't do this if you're running a custom ROM (like Cyda's Stock+ ROM)?

And again, once you've done this sim unlock, flashing other ROM's won't remove it? Or (as you mentioned in the other thread), is it a case of doing a 5irom IMEI backup once you've done the unlock and then restoring that IMEI backup after you've installed different ROM's?

Certainly be interesting to hear from others if they've done this!

derfuhrer2007

derfuhrer2007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:G300

Its working on GB stock and on ICS stock.

I tried getting my IMEI to 0 by downloading that 5irom backup from mediafire and restoring it, but when I rebooted it it went into recovery mode and restored everything to the factory settings, the IMEI remaining the same.

I am on stock ICS

grizzlyflea

grizzlyflea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

I tried getting my IMEI to 0 by downloading that 5irom backup from mediafire and restoring it, but when I rebooted it it went into recovery mode and restored everything to the factory settings, the IMEI remaining the same.

I am on stock ICS

I seem to be having the problem too

SparkTheDark

SparkTheDark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Thought i might see if it can be done on a custom ROM but the 'Qualcomm background open setting' password is different on my G300 running Stock+.

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I wonder if someone can help me I was on B888 rom downgraded to b882 so I could unlock the phone and the OTA automatic update came and took it to B885 I have changed my IMEI it didn't go to 0 it changed to some other IMEI but as the guide said that was ok I continued I have tried the dfs tool but I get stuck at option 8 where it says 8. Close the Ports window and click on SPC.In DFS log must write UNLOCKED DEVICE. I cannot find anywhere that says SPC.In I checked everywhere in the log window, the dfs tool window could someone please advise?

margityu

margityu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300,Lenovo A3000-H
https://www.dropbox....616z130i9m/1.png marked with green is DSF log window,in second window,marked with red is PORTS and marked with blue is SPC.

Edited by margityu, 27 October 2012 - 06:01 PM.

HTC Wildfire ->first android
Huawei Ascend G300

Lenovo A3000-H a mighty quad-core tablet with voice call option

derfuhrer2007

derfuhrer2007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

https://www.dropbox....616z130i9m/1.png marked with green is DSF log window,in second window,marked with red is PORTS and marked with blue is SPC.

Any idea on the ICS issue?

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Thanks I will try again

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
it worked I can now use my 3 sim as and when required so thanks again margityu :)

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
& now it is locked again after having to restore my imei and doing a reboot as it didn't update it during the process not happy now :(

tomcat_

tomcat_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
Hi there,

I have done all the steps up to critical one step 9. When i write my IMEI and press the "write" button i get MODE CHANGE OfflineD Failed

The other steps seem to be ok, i have rooted the phone successfully, i have backed up my IMEI and then restored the 5irom that you have put on the mediafire link. That gave me a different than mine IMEI. When i press SPC it says device unlocked so everything seems normal.

any help is much appreciated

thanks

edit: just a small note. When i do a IMEI restore with the custom 5irom and then straight reboot my phone, after the huawei logo it goes into a screen with an android out of a box and has:

formatting /cache....
formatting /data...
formatting /cache....
foramatting /HWUserdata....
file backup success

Then it is stuck there and i have to take battery out and restart again. Is this normal?

Edited by tomcat_, 28 October 2012 - 09:10 AM.

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
for me steps 9 & 10 seem to go ok the log says device unlocked & completed but when I reboot the phone it does what you said tomcat_ and starts formatting everything then gets stuck so you take the battery out and when the phone does restart all data has been wiped and the imei is still the fake one why won't it write my real one I've followed everything to the letter..?

tomcat_

tomcat_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

for me steps 9 & 10 seem to go ok the log says device unlocked & completed but when I reboot the phone it does what you said tomcat_ and starts formatting everything then gets stuck so you take the battery out and when the phone does restart all data has been wiped and the imei is still the fake one why won't it write my real one I've followed everything to the letter..?

after the device unlocked message what message do you get when you press the "write" button on the programming next to the IMEI? this is when i get the failed msg.

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I can't remember at the top of my head but if I try again I will post the details by the way what rom are you using?

tomcat_

tomcat_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

I can't remember at the top of my head but if I try again I will post the details by the way what rom are you using?

i'm using stock GB rom as i got it from vodafone. Now i have updated to stock ICS in order to try again but the files have failed to changed my IMEI as it was successfully done in GB. Still trying.....

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I've re-tried and the same thing happens it won't change my imei to the real one and the log just says DEVICE UNLOCKED followed by Complete no success or failure message and nothing after that so don't know am stumped as to what to do now.

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
tried again now mine says the same as offline D failed

derfuhrer2007

derfuhrer2007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

edit: just a small note. When i do a IMEI restore with the custom 5irom and then straight reboot my phone, after the huawei logo it goes into a screen with an android out of a box and has:

formatting /cache....
formatting /data...
formatting /cache....
foramatting /HWUserdata....
file backup success

Then it is stuck there and i have to take battery out and restart again. Is this normal?

That's exactly what happened to me, IMEI remained the same and the formatting actually did a factory reset

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
yeah same here but this is driving me loopy now so anybody know what the solution is?

chisco

chisco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:mpx200
This worked for me:

1.- apply fake imei as first post
2.- do a full stock update from sd
3.- check that your imei is 0 and then you can follow unlock steps...

tested with yoigo 944 stock fw.

yeah same here but this is driving me loopy now so anybody know what the solution is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users