tomcat_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300

This worked for me:

1.- apply fake imei as first post
2.- do a full stock update from sd
3.- check that your imei is 0 and then you can follow unlock steps...

tested with yoigo 944 stock fw.

2. when you say full stock update from sd you mean from GB to ICS? i have already upgraded to stock ICS from GB, would you suggest to downgrade and try again?

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
chisco could you explain what you mean do a full stock update from what to what exactly..? I'm already on a stock gb rom.

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
it's ok chisco followed what I think you said and I think it's worked will check tomorrow off out now thanks to everyone for all your help :)

tomcat_

tomcat_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

it's ok chisco followed what I think you said and I think it's worked will check tomorrow off out now thanks to everyone for all your help :)

can you pls explain?

I have upgraded to stock ICS B936, made a copy of my original IMEI, then flashed the 5irom provided on the first page and followed instruction.

This time when i input my original IMEI and press write i get the message ok, however it does not change the IMEI to my original, even after a phone restart. Any help is much appreciated.

Attached screenshot of DFS

derfuhrer2007

derfuhrer2007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:G300

can you pls explain?

I have upgraded to stock ICS B936, made a copy of my original IMEI, then flashed the 5irom provided on the first page and followed instruction.

You flashed the imei backup by using the restore function in 5irom? After that did you restart the phone?

tomcat_

tomcat_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

You flashed the imei backup by using the restore function in 5irom? After that did you restart the phone?

I haven't flashed my original imei back as this is locked. What the instructions say is that you should change the IMEI with the DFS, then restart then make a backup of the unlocked IMEI. If i install my original IMEI i can see my original IMEI but it is still locked

Edited by tomcat_, 29 October 2012 - 07:52 PM.

chisco

chisco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:mpx200
Reflash the same stock ROM so you have not to downgrade or upgrade.

2. when you say full stock update from sd you mean from GB to ICS? i have already upgraded to stock ICS from GB, would you suggest to downgrade and try again?

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
ok tomcat_ this is what I did.. I was on stock gb rom I then used the imei changing tool & it changed to something different not 0 then I put a different gb rom on and checked my imei and now it was 0 so for the dfs tool to work I reckon the imei has to be 0 this is the only thing different from all the other 100's of tries I did so then I ran the dfs tool and put my real imei in & followed through the rest as normal I still got the doffline failure message but just ignore it & after i restarted my phone & checked my imei it is now my real one hope this helps you & anyone else stuck also you must remember to restart your phone after every stage let us know how you get on

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I'm having problems rooting now everything goes through ok my computer sends the files & it says okay but I when I restart the phone the SU icon does not appear so I cannot backup my imei how annoying

full date wipe sorted it now

Edited by save me, 29 October 2012 - 03:39 PM.

tomcat_

tomcat_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

ok tomcat_ this is what I did.. I was on stock gb rom I then used the imei changing tool & it changed to something different not 0 then I put a different gb rom on and checked my imei and now it was 0 so for the dfs tool to work I reckon the imei has to be 0 this is the only thing different from all the other 100's of tries I did so then I ran the dfs tool and put my real imei in & followed through the rest as normal I still got the doffline failure message but just ignore it & after i restarted my phone & checked my imei it is now my real one hope this helps you & anyone else stuck also you must remember to restart your phone after every stage let us know how you get on

thanks for that, this is what i'm understanding from derfuhrer2007 as well that the IMEI has to be 0 for the DFS to work. I will try it tonight when i'm back home.

just one question. Did you flash a stock ROM or a custom one? And also did you do it via the phone (sd card/software upgrade) or via CWM?

thanks

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
stock rom via sd card

tomcat_

tomcat_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
success..!! as it is rightly mentioned, you have to be on stock rom and the IMEI has to be 0, otherwise the DFS tool will not write the IMEI.

Question: after the correct IMEI is written via DFS, i have made another backup of the unlocked IMEI.
If i flash back the first original IMEI would the phone be locked again?

unless i'm doing something wrong, when i have flashed the "fake" IMEI i'm losing the quick setting buttons on the quick drop down menu. Even if i flash another stock rom still the same. If i flash my backed up IMEI i get that functionality back

*edit* forgot to mention that here under section 6 there is a 5irom (tookit download links) that zeros the current IMEI. I haven't tried that, but if that works then flashing again another stock update to 0 the IMEI i guess it won't be necessary.

Edited by tomcat_, 29 October 2012 - 11:21 PM.

tomcat_

tomcat_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
just to avoid any confusion what i want to say above is that i'm missing the quickpanel toggles. Only if i flash my original backed up IMEI i can get the toggles back. However if i flash my original IMEI 5irom then the phone will be locked again?

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
glad you got there tomcat_ about the toggles I don't have them either

tomcat_

tomcat_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
well we got the difficult bit out of the way, thanks to the help of the people here in this forum, i guess we should be able to find a solution on the toggles thing?

any ideas most welcomed.....

Maximus9

Maximus9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Devices:Moto G Dual Sim XT1033 16GB
Can't download the folder from Mediafire as I don't have a premium account. Could someone make it a zip archive? Thanks.

Handroid

Handroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:none
  • Twitter:@none

Can't download the folder from Mediafire as I don't have a premium account. Could someone make it a zip archive? Thanks.

Do you mean the DFS program?
That is available via the two-part downloads in post 4
http://www.modaco.co...0/#entry2041478

kas206

kas206

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Which app do i need to fake the IMEI? I only see 5irom.apk in the link but that doesnt have any option to fake the IMEI

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
There's more than just the apk in the link

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

margityu

margityu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300,Lenovo A3000-H
First post updated with working link fort Toolbox5irom.apk!

HTC Wildfire ->first android
Huawei Ascend G300

Lenovo A3000-H a mighty quad-core tablet with voice call option

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users