power button no longer works.

Guest zodh

thank you for your answer. I made it a handling function. button on the camera is transform in c power button. succeeded al extinguish but I can not turn it on.

button to operate in one direction but not the other.

telephonne here is extinguished and I can not turn it on.

Guest Simon O

If the phone physically cannot be turned on then it's not an issue caused by an app. best thing to do first is to remove the back cover and look where the power button goes. You should be able to see the small surface mounted button under the plastic button you normally press. Try using a pin to push this down to turn the phone on. If the phone does not turn on then 100% you have a hardware issue and you need to get the phone repaired. There is no way to swap the button over using software that will allow you to turn the phone on from shutdown - the power button is wired up to the power circuitry as you would expect it to be.

my problem and a physical power button box. j all have already done what you said but nothing to do he does not start. unplugged reconnect batteris ps does not.

Guest i am not a hacker

This is bad... Mine is probably going to break then, but I never (no jokes) drop my phone or scratch it. I had not a single scratch on my blade.

Guest Simon O

great now my power button is gone :angry:

Completely unusable, even if I press hard.

Worrying

Has anybody checked to make sure that it's 100% broken? Take the back off the phone and use a pin to push and hold down the button below the plastic button.

If I push very hard it works, but it worries me to be pressing so hard that I may damage the actual button underneath. It seems the button itself is fine , and I know if I took the device apart I could wedge/glue something between the power button and the one we press to raise it. This would void warranty as I would have to remove the white security tabs over the screws, so not a good plan really but, it is a serious design floor.

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

If I push very hard it works, but it worries me to be pressing so hard that I may damage the actual button underneath. It seems the button itself is fine , and I know if I took the device apart I could wedge/glue something between the power button and the one we press to raise it. This would void warranty as I would have to remove the white security tabs over the screws, so not a good plan really but, it is a serious design flaw.

I agree with that. Glad that the button isn't 100% broken though.. just very hard to press down. It IS a design flaw though.. BTW you can access the button without removing any security tabs.. might be able to put a small piece of card under it using some tweezers.

BTW has anybody got volume wake working? This would be useful. I did read somewhere that volume wake is disabled if you use the sliding lock screen. I'll test things out when I have some time as I may need to add WAKE to some of the keypad files.

Failing that it'll need some framework editing

I did try getting volume wake working, I made changes to android policy and generic but it would not work for me.......may have another crack at it tomorrow.

The power button is having no effect on me really as I use proximity sensor pro so when I take device in and out of case screen goes on/off. Some say this app stops device sleeping, however, it sleeps just fine for me, and it does not drain battery. Only draw back really is I wont want to risk powering down in case the button completely fails, not a big deal really leaving the device on permanently ;)

I will take it back for replacement if the button fails completely as I am bound to orange via contract :wacko: which is not all bad when it comes to your device developing a fault as usually you will have a replacement within days.

This app may help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=850464

Edited by Guest

Guest chinstroker

I'm working on a fix all you need is a piece of card and a screw driver

Had a go at this method myself! Buttons not quite as 'clicky' as it originally was but it works again.

Had a go at this method myself! Buttons not quite as 'clicky' as it originally was but it works again.

Try this, where the button is, there is an arm in the centre which goes to the power switch, raise it a little so there is a gap for a thin peice of card.....This works 100% for me, my button is now better than when I buy it, very sensitive to touch, only need to press power button lightly and it works :D

Guest chinstroker

Try this, where the button is, there is an arm in the centre which goes to the power switch, raise it a little so there is a gap for a thin peice of card.....This works 100% for me, my button is now better than when I buy it, very sensitive to touch, only need to press power button lightly and it works :D

Exactly what I did. Took a couple of goes myself to get the snuggest fit, but persevere and it'll work. Was worried the back wasnt going

to fit at first though.