[DEV][ROM] RacerMod 1.7 [19/04/2013] CyanogenMod 7.2 port with 2.6.35.7 kernel & CWM Recovery 5.0.2.8

Guest mikeioannina

Guest mikeioannina

The new CWM won't be released yet because it has problems with backup/restore :( I don't know if I'll fix it.

A new build of CM7 is coming with some new features cherry-picked from CyanogenMod gerrit.

adapt the kernel to overclock

What do you mean? Overclocking is already enabled.

Guest MiStAkEmSk

Hello there,

i would like to know how's the screen calibration in this ROM, i'm currently on a ROM with vamshi's kernel and i'm tired of double and triple letters when i type.

Thanks in advance.

Guest mikeioannina

Hey guys, a new build is coming today.

1.4 - 20121215

-Kernel built inline using cm9 method

-Kernel build date is displayed

-Added option to hide alarm icon in status bar

-Added possibility to change the style of lock pattern screen

-Added option to disable volume key beep sounds

-Added option to mute camera focus sound

-Disable AM/PM style selection menu while 24-hour clock is selected

-Change display of mod version using cm9+ option

-Modify Running ProcessView as ics (claimed to be better)

-Add Greek dictionary for keyboard

-Music app: Start playback when A2DP headset gets connected

-Music app: Let music player fade smoothly when playing/pausing/seeking

-Allow custom calendar reminder snooze times

-Added format number option to dialer

Guest mikeioannina

plz, touch calibration do very sensitive, ..... it is very essential ....., from the kernal, and sound also, with bass boost......

I have said many times before that I can't do anything else about calibration... The only thing I can do is to provide a second driver from GuyOverThere so you can choose between the two. About sound, you can use DSP Manager.

Guest mikeioannina

yupz...

dsp manager from cm is awesome

where the download link?

The download links will be up in a few hours, I have some problems with my connection now, tried to upload 3 times and it fails after 5-10 minutes of uploading :(

Guest mikeioannina

will I be able to use a different kernel for racermod 1.4? (vamshi #68 for example or deadlink)

I don't think that everything will work using a different kernel but you can try it.. I haven't tried it yet.

1.4 download links are up, my website is up too, check first post

Guest mikeioannina

where is racermod 1.4 for racer?

Read 2 posts above your post, I said that the link is in the first post.

I mean what racermod 1.4 kernel has support CM9 or still gingerbread

It doesn't have CM9 support. However using 2.6.35 kernel it is possible to have cm9 some time in the future, I'm slowly working on it

Guest mikeioannina

mikeioannina

Can we use your device to build ICS for Racer?

You can use the ics branch from my github for the device folder & the vendor folder... you need to use the ics-dev branch for the kernel.

Currently the source builds successfully but it doesn't boot, stuck on the boot logo and the screen turns slowly white.

Guest AngelVel

Hi guys,

I am new to this and I need a specific functionality to be enabled on my ZTE Racer.

I need the USB Accessory mode to work for connection the mobile to the Arduino Mega ADK for Android. I am not sure if this is possible on this particular device, but my simplistic vision of it is that if there is a USB port, then it should be available to be controlled in any way you need.

So the USB Accessory is introduced in API 10 as a special library com.android.future.usb.accessory.jar. That library is present in the cm-7-20120819-NIGHTLY-mooncake rom that I have installed, but it was not found when I tried to put a simple demo app on the phone, giving error that library is not found. I already had this problem with the previous rom that I tried (cm7_2.3.7_Racer_full-257) and I solved it by putting the permissions definition file android.hardware.usb.accessory.xml at /system/etc/permissions/ as suggested in many forums (on the previous rom I had to put the jar too). This is how the application was successfully installed.

Unfortunately the application is not working as expected. It should start when USB is connected, but it doesn't. Even if I start it manually, it doesn't see that there is a device connected (the method mUsbManager.getAccessoryList() returns null). In the same time the phone green light is on, showing (I think) that it has USB connection or at least a charger.

From the Arduino side I see that it detects USB connection and tries to start communication, but gets some error 5 - protocol not supported - which usually means that the other side (the phone) is not reacting correctly as USB device. Log:

Device addressed... Requesting device descriptor.

found possible device. swithcing to serial mode

Data packet error: 5could not read device protocol version

So my question is can you compile next rom to support USB Accessory? I also read in forums that the compilation needs 'CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_ACCESSORY=y' in the '/proc/config.gz' but I don't really know if this is enough and what is its meaning.

Please respond if I can expect this feature or not, so I can decide what my next steps will be...

Thanks in advance!

Guest mikeioannina

Hi guys,

I am new to this and I need a specific functionality to be enabled on my ZTE Racer.

I need the USB Accessory mode to work for connection the mobile to the Arduino Mega ADK for Android. I am not sure if this is possible on this particular device, but my simplistic vision of it is that if there is a USB port, then it should be available to be controlled in any way you need.

So the USB Accessory is introduced in API 10 as a special library com.android.future.usb.accessory.jar. That library is present in the cm-7-20120819-NIGHTLY-mooncake rom that I have installed, but it was not found when I tried to put a simple demo app on the phone, giving error that library is not found. I already had this problem with the previous rom that I tried (cm7_2.3.7_Racer_full-257) and I solved it by putting the permissions definition file android.hardware.usb.accessory.xml at /system/etc/permissions/ as suggested in many forums (on the previous rom I had to put the jar too). This is how the application was successfully installed.

Unfortunately the application is not working as expected. It should start when USB is connected, but it doesn't. Even if I start it manually, it doesn't see that there is a device connected (the method mUsbManager.getAccessoryList() returns null). In the same time the phone green light is on, showing (I think) that it has USB connection or at least a charger.

From the Arduino side I see that it detects USB connection and tries to start communication, but gets some error 5 - protocol not supported - which usually means that the other side (the phone) is not reacting correctly as USB device. Log:

Device addressed... Requesting device descriptor.

found possible device. swithcing to serial mode

Data packet error: 5could not read device protocol version

So my question is can you compile next rom to support USB Accessory? I also read in forums that the compilation needs 'CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_ACCESSORY=y' in the '/proc/config.gz' but I don't really know if this is enough and what is its meaning.

Please respond if I can expect this feature or not, so I can decide what my next steps will be...

Thanks in advance!

The kernel doesn't have support for USB_ANDROID_ACCESSORY, it's too old :(

Guest -=PAC-MAN=-

hey mke !!!!!!! Is Wifi working now On Ur Latest Update.....!!!!!!!!!!

I'm using the latest (15/12/12) ROM and WiFi on my Racer is working properly Edited by -=PAC-MAN=-

Guest Igor2112

The new CWM won't be released yet because it has problems with backup/restore :( I don't know if I'll fix it.

A new build of CM7 is coming with some new features cherry-picked from CyanogenMod gerrit.

What do you mean? Overclocking is already enabled.

I mean overclocking to 800MHz. Is it possible?