#askmodaco - the HTC One X+

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

The HTC One X+ is here! Building on the original with 64GB storage, a faster processor, bigger battery, slick new black colour and Jelly Bean as standard, the X+ looks to take HTC back to the very top of the pile.

As well as the above i've already noticed a really significant fix for me - the spongy power button on the X/XL is now 'metal' in feel and MUCH more convincing to use - a big improvement.

We're preparing our full review but in the meantime, do you have any questions? Fire away! :)

xplus.png

Click here to view the item

Do you really think this phone is relevant given what we've seen from HTC and the 'J Butterfly' and whatever that manifests itself as outside of Japan? It just smacks of 'we must one-up Sammie'!? Wouldn't you rather have seen the time/energy that's gone into this phone create the perfect 'next flagship'?

Guest PaulOBrien

Do you really think this phone is relevant given what we've seen from HTC and the 'J Butterfly' and whatever that manifests itself as outside of Japan? It just smacks of 'we must one-up Sammie'!?

I think so!

I really like the One X still, I think a slightly boosted battery, class leading storage and a few other bits and bobs suit me fine! :D

P

Guest PaulOBrien

So does it come in white!?

Have you had it long enough to comment on battery life? The original was fairly poor....

Not yet... but in the future... probably. It literally just arrived, so i'll report on battery later!

P

Guest ste1164

ICS vs Jelly Bean?

I wasn't sure if Paul was on the jellybean beta trial so he might have it on his One X, I am and I love it i just wondered if it was much different on the One X+

Guest lillracksingen

Does the 64GB capacity support files larger than 4GB?

I didn't choose the One X because of this limitation. I want to be able to copy HD movies to the phone.

If HTC has removed this limitation, I will be picking the X+ over the Note II. (The Note II supports ExFAT for microSD cards. Another option is the way Galaxy Nexus does it: ext4 as the file system for the memory and MTP for access, hiding the file system type so it can connect to any host supporting MTP.)

Guest PaulOBrien

Do you know when the actual release date of this will be? I thought it was pushed back to the 5th of November?

Unknown, i'll ask!

Also can you comapre the speaker to the one x when playing music. Is the One X+'s much better?

Yup, will do!

Do those contacts allow for charging or just to detect docks etc?

They do, I believe the official HTC dock does it?

Does the 64GB capacity support files larger than 4GB?

I didn't choose the One X because of this limitation. I want to be able to copy HD movies to the phone.

If HTC has removed this limitation, I will be picking the X+ over the Note II. (The Note II supports ExFAT for microSD cards. Another option is the way Galaxy Nexus does it: ext4 as the file system for the memory and MTP for access, hiding the file system type so it can connect to any host supporting MTP.)

I'll test!

P

I'm also very interested in battery life because HTC promised it to be superior to original One X. And also you comparison regarding battery life with the Galaxy Note 2.

Can you please tell me if the screen ripple/flex fault(effect) is still present like on the One X?

The black, is a black or more likely a darker grey similar to the grey One X?

@lillracksingen as far as i know after the Jelly Bean update even the One X uses MTP

Guest lillracksingen

@lillracksingen as far as i know after the Jelly Bean update even the One X uses MTP

That may be so but it is not the MTP/UMS 'protocols' that put a limit on storage size or file size. It is the choice of file system within the phone. exFAT or ext4 allows files larger than 4GB.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.