• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

david_inuk

david_inuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I780
Can anybody comment on how much google maps and CoPilot would be affected by the fact that there is no magnetic sensor.

Thanks a million!!

t.reddings

t.reddings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V970 Dual SIM

Can anybody comment on how much google maps and CoPilot would be affected by the fact that there is no magnetic sensor.

Thanks a million!!

I've used both Co Pilot and Maps for navigation without issue. I still have not worked out what this magnetic sensor error is and if it is a false reading.

apdi71

apdi71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:zte v970, orange san fransisco
Now released in the UK with minor mods as the "ZTE grand x", jelly come to grand x on amazon.

apdi71

apdi71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:zte v970, orange san fransisco
Oops - not so minor mods - grand x has different chipset (smaller 512mb sdram too). But same physical size, compatible jelly & battery?.

review here:http://www.modaco.com/page/news/_/android/android-reviews/zte-grand-x-review-r656

t.reddings

t.reddings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V970 Dual SIM
Okay I've been using for over a month and wanted to give an update.

Still everything working well. Battery life etc no issues. I still have the magnetic sensor error in smart tools app but this has not affected navigation nor maps.

My only gripe was the Internal SD car filled up too quickly with all the apps I wanted. So reading Brunos thread @ XDA I saw there was un update to both the ROM and a way to disable the Internal SD.

I took the big step last night and it worked. You need to install SP Tools and you need drivers for the phone to 'scatter the internal memory' The new ROM from Bruno 3.1was installed with Aroma. A very neat system, I now have more internal memory and most apps can be moved to my external SD card.

So in summary. A great phone, but If like me you have loads of apps you may have to disable the Internal SD card as it is too small. All details over at XDA.

avim

avim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
Hi Paul,
Thank you for the review.
I am interested to buy the dual sim phone, but hesitating between the ZTE V970 or the Acer Gallant Duo. Please your opinion.
Thanks

longo213

longo213

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@longo213

No Jelly come to V970.

Luckily, you were not right :)
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1856578

Cruxy

Cruxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Luckily, you were not right :)
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1856578

I've been using it for almost 2 weeks and it's running great!

freeware82

freeware82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
Can anyone help? I want to use this phone to test apps made by Eclipe. But in debugger mode the Win7 can't recognise the phone. In the win7 device manager indicated unrecognized MT65xx Android Phone, and i can't find driver. Thanks!

b@ndesz

b@ndesz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Can I use the phone with 64 GB microSD card? I saw this information on the etotalk website. Is it true?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users