Need some advice restoring to Vodafone factory default

Guest Potatoes

Guest Potatoes

I've decided to sell my g300 and I want to restore it back to it's original state - GB, nasty Vodafone bloat and all. I used the awesome upgrade / downgrade guide here and I've managed to downgrade from ICS to GB however it's missing all the Vodafone apps. I originally tried the V100R001C02B885.zip from http://g300.thebronasium.com/huawei/uk and later tried the rom in the mirror link from the OP in the "original factory roms from huawei" which is B882. But it's missing the vodafone apps too. I can't seem to find any active links for roms with the vendor.app file. Does anyone have any ideas how I can restore this back to it's original state? Thanks guys.

Edited by Potatoes

I've decided to sell my g300 and I want to restore it back to it's original state - GB, nasty Vodafone bloat and all. I used the awesome upgrade / downgrade guide here and I've managed to downgrade from ICS to GB however it's missing all the Vodafone apps. I originally tried the V100R001C02B885.zip from http://g300.thebronasium.com/huawei/uk and later tried the rom in the mirror link from the OP in the "original factory roms from huawei" which is B882. But it's missing the vodafone apps too. I can't seem to find any active links for roms with the vendor.app file. Does anyone have any ideas how I can restore this back to it's original state? Thanks guys.

I know that B884 has the vendor file. There is a topic on this forum for Official and Unofficial ROM's: http://www.modaco.com/topic/357362-list-of-official-and-unofficial-roms/ if that's no good I have a copy on my PC which I can upload?

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

I know that B884 has the vendor file. There is a topic on this forum for Official and Unofficial ROM's: http://www.modaco.co...nofficial-roms/ if that's no good I have a copy on my PC which I can upload?

In case if he flashed, cwmed phone - If he does have an IMEI backup, it would be better for him to restore zero IMEI, force flash B885 and restore original IMEI. To get rid of rooted phone reflash again with UK ROM.

Guest Potatoes

Current state is b885, no cwm, imei "0" :P I do have a working imei back up.

Basically I downgraded from baseband 926 with Infusion to b885, +cwm, restored imei. But realised there was no vodafone stuff so I downgraded again to b882 since I thought that was totally stock but it was still missing the apps, the OTA popped up so I ran that and it updated it to b885 - so exactly the same state as I had it originally hehe (but without the cwm and imei yet). I kinda gave up and figured I'd ask you guys that point.

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

Current state is b885, no cwm, imei "0" :P I do have a working imei back up.

Basically I downgraded from baseband 926 with Infusion to b885, +cwm, restored imei. But realised there was no vodafone stuff so I downgraded again to b882 since I thought that was totally stock but it was still missing the apps, the OTA popped up so I ran that and it updated it to b885 - so exactly the same state as I had it originally hehe (but without the cwm and imei yet). I kinda gave up and figured I'd ask you guys that point.

So restore an IMEI backup (your official one). The vodafone stuff should appear. If not, reflashing to UK ROM would work.

Edited by ScutulatusCrotalus

Guest Potatoes

Ok what i'll do from the current state is, root, install toolbox5irom to restore my imei. Im not sure if the vodafone stuff will appear since that's kinda what I did originally. I'm a bit confused with reflashing UK rom, as far as I know the roms I I'm using 882 and 885 are supposed to be original UK roms, so do I reflash it over itself again (after imei's been restored)? seems a bit odd.

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

Ok what i'll do from the current state is, root, install toolbox5irom to restore my imei. Im not sure if the vodafone stuff will appear since that's kinda what I did originally. I'm a bit confused with reflashing UK rom, as far as I know the roms I I'm using 882 and 885 are supposed to be original UK roms, so do I reflash it over itself again (after imei's been restored)? seems a bit odd.

There is also original B892. Sent via PM.

Guest Potatoes

Ok I've updated to the original b892, rooted, restored the imei. I still do get any of the vodafone apps / power toggles - lol I can't believe I'm going through all this trouble for those awful apps.

If not, reflashing to UK ROM would work.

How do I reflash the over the rom again (or am I getting confused), I tried the method where you hold up+down+power, but since I've restored the imei it hangs 30% of the way though.

Surely the vodafone apps, toggles and such are usually included in a separate update file which they (VF) apply on top of the huawei rom?

Guest Potatoes

Actually the IMEI backup would have been from ICS so wouldn't be a UK rom. I think I might have an imei back up from ages back when I first went from GB to ICS. I'll can try that.

Edited by Potatoes

Guest Potatoes

Hurrah success, thanks for your help mate :) Guess it's pretty important to have an IMEI backup from a UK rom, that should be a warning in the guides. Lucky I didn't clean out that old directory :P Thanks again Scuta

Guest pepdavies

Just wondering why you went to all this trouble? Wouldn't 99% of buyers want ICS without the Vodafone crap anyway? I'm glad you got it sorted out though :)

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

Just wondering why you went to all this trouble? Wouldn't 99% of buyers want ICS without the Vodafone crap anyway? I'm glad you got it sorted out though :)

He wants to sell it with full warranty. This is the reason.

Guest crunchtime

Hi,

Sorry to highjack the thread but I am in a similar situation, need to return to a stock UK Vodafone rom.

I am currently on ROM U8815V100R001C203B940 the global unbranded edition with ViaCom boot screen. Unrooted, No CMW. (No IMEI backup yet)

Is there a way to return to full stock without a UK IMEI backup?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Aradalienz

Have you ever rooted your phone craigy ? its odd if you have never dabbled in roms that your apps are not there, check your imei also.

Edited by Aradalienz

Guest Craigy1892

No i havent rooted my phone, i dont want to anyway,my IMEI's fine.

all thats wrong with the phone is, No notification panel, no vodafone apps, wrong lock screen (should be the vodafone lock screen, but have got the stock for some reason), everything else is fine.