FrenkieDroid v8 GT-I8000 Full Working! NOW B7610 TOO!!!!!

Guest frenkie999999999

Guest frenkie999999999

Hi at all.

This is my little contribute to the global Android comunity.

-B7610 - Omnia PRO FFFFFFiles! Unfortunately, there is the problem wi-fi, unfortunately does not work.

EXT4.TAR.GZ (Ubuntu mode)

.TBI (WindowsImage mode) not ready yet.....

This is my build of the original rom for android 4 our GT-I8000 Omnia 2.

I think it is very powerful and fast. I prepared two versions of the ROM:

V_7: problem (known) does not work bluethoot, and the GPS is hard to use (but working), but really FFFFFFFFFFast ROM!

V_8 fully functional (I hope!) but less fast ROM.

You choose which version suits you.

I take no responsibility if you wrong procedure and inflict damage to the device.

All credits for working Android port on Omnia 2 are going to:

- almar (Marc)

- bsbsbs (Sándor)

- Egon

- phj (János)

- Voyteckst

Great thanks also to:

- Sgoo (ciao bello!)

- Synescu

- ipaq3870 for the kernels.

- o2droid

- Rapid81

- voku

-OLD version! Skip fww!

FrenkieDroid v5.1 Play Store integrated (.tag.gz) attached guide to flash with Ubuntu on your O2 (traditional perform).

GUIDE TO FLASH UNDER UBUNTU

Add the ultra-optimized version 6.2. Inside there is a guide to performing installation. Use Google Translate to translate.

This second version is for istalling without using Ubuntu, and is most performing & much easily!

I suggest this version! ImageForWindows compatible , really easy!! guide attached in archive tool!

FrenkieDroid ROMs:

V_7:

For those who do not need the bluethoot and GPS (for GPS there is a solution, but it takes a little patience to set it ...)

and prefer a snappy rom, maybe "from the second phone," without gps and bluethoot but all set to give you all the fit and can, very agile, the ROM of reference is the V_7:

FrenkieDroid_v7

ARCHIVE TOOLS

Android has never run so well on omnia 2.

--------------------------------@

V_8:

For those who point to the stability and full functionality of the device, and prefers to point to the new V_8 with Bluethoot and GPS working, high consume of RAM memory, less "agile", but more stability.

FrenkieDroid v8:

GPS working;

Bluethoot working;

WiFi working;

Stock kernel (66-800 MHz)

FRENKIEDROID V8 Fully Worked!

download always

Pacchetto WORK !

-------------------@

A big "thank you" to Mr. Spiderman1961, demonstrated for the help in the improvement of the ROM..... :D

Fatemi sapere come vi gira!

Let me know how it works!

Ciao a tutti! Da Caserta con furore!

post-613245-0-22173200-1356291468_thumb.

post-613245-0-15436300-1356291483_thumb.

post-613245-0-42479900-1356291496_thumb.

Edited by frenkie999999999

Guest frenkie999999999

I didnt tested the rom yet but the Installation Guide on the PDF file is really good, it could be useful for a lot of people.

Thanks!

Guest nhftech

i have download and test it.. everything is ok right now. only for the first time install it stuck on omnia II loading. have to push reset button and run haret again. still testing.. by the way nice work. :-)

hello,

I've done everything as described in the manual, but unfortunately it does not work for me. I do not know why. what do you think where the error is. I tried it on an 8GB sd card.

I had beta 2 CyanogenMod before. after I've done everything as described in the description, only the boot process as with cyanogen beta2 appears but freezes afterwards.

I need to make the partition directly on the sd card and not on the PC right?

or do i have to restore the PC and then copy to the SD card there?

Edited by zaga53

Guest frenkie999999999

hello,

I've done everything as described in the manual, but unfortunately it does not work for me. I do not know why. what do you think where the error is. I tried it on an 8GB sd card.

I had beta 2 CyanogenMod before. after I've done everything as described in the description, only the boot process as with cyanogen beta2 appears but freezes afterwards.

I need to make the partition directly on the sd card and not on the PC right?

or do i have to restore the PC and then copy to the SD card there?

Hy . Which version you are talking about?

If you want to install on SDcard, you must copy all the files in my storage, repartition the sdcard as fat32, and start the automatic procedure (click haret.exe in the "autoinstall").

yes I did. copying everything to my storage and started with haret.exe. but unfortunately it does not work. I have the 350mb sd card as described partitioned as fat32. I had previously run on the beta 2 CyanogenMod. Then I wanted to try your rom. but when I start with haret.exe then only comes the previous boot screen and then freezes.

Guest frenkie999999999

I think your problem is the startup.txt file.

Try to edit it (with ubuntu preferibly) the value "mmcblk0p6" in "mmcblk1p6" (or inverse).

let me know!

Guest actionboyCZ

What about battery life? I tried some of first android on my omnia and it drain battery pretty well, so I asm on WM now. It is better now? Can I use it whole day?

Guest frenkie999999999

the battery life I think it is much improved (Android still consume a lot of battery).

Not at the level of WinMo, but unfortunately this is what is possible.

Guest nikkotsoi

What about battery life? I tried some of first android on my omnia and it drain battery pretty well, so I asm on WM now. It is better now? Can I use it whole day?

actually it is quite good already

with data off, it use 1~2% per hour for idling

which is similar to my new xperia TX.

however, under heavy usage like web browsing, it stills consume quite a lot.

So, taking a spare battery out is recommended.

One of the benefit of the android on omnia 2 is the chatting mode sms in android.

If we use the samsung written chatting mode sms in WM. It is so fking slow if u got lots of messages/

Guest frenkie999999999

I think that the error in the file "startup.txt".

Open it with Notepad + + (IMPORTANT), and change the value in mmcblk0p6 mmcblk1p6 (or vice versa!)

hi

i have a i8000 16gb and also a 4gb micro sd

trying to install android i made

1. 13gb fat32

2. 1.2 gb linux drive

3. linux swap

but the problem is that i cann't use my storage nor sd card

Guest xheretic

Hi there!

This ROM is really awesome lightning fast!

But why in the GOOGLE PLAY almost every app show me "Your device is not compatible" ?!?

I was using for some time this android rom: cm_beta2 and there wasn't this error :(

How you guys?

EDIT: I just restarted phone and it start works! :D

Edited by xheretic

Guest frenkie999999999

I am very happy to see people who can use Android even if they are unable to buy a real Android device. I think I will devote more time to improve this project, and I do not think that I will never part from this device.

Guest xheretic

I am very happy to see people who can use Android even if they are unable to buy a real Android device. I think I will devote more time to improve this project, and I do not think that I will never part from this device.

Nice to see that! Thx Frenkie for definetly best Android rom for our Omnia 2.

Hi, is possible to make a version for 2GB Omnia version? I wanna to have it in mystorage, but its only abou 1,5GB free space.

I installed this rom to my 32GB Lexar Class10 microSDHC card and it runs very well without problem.

But I've got one bug...in any of ANGRY BIRDS game I've got white backgrounds and it's really not cool :( Can anyone try Angry Birds...will You?? Thx in advance!