Photo

FrenkieDroid v8 GT-I8000 Full Working! NOW B7610 TOO!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
spiderman can you please change your links from rapidshare to mediafire, hotfile or else. as you know rapidshare made it's files private so only the one uploaded them can download them.
can you also upload you twister ROM in ext4.tar.gz form ?
i am also wondering if we can use android inphone installer (the same from froyo beta 3 or CM2 of http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php) to install your ROMS. anyone tried and failed ?
p.s. i also have a suggestions to make. 1) try to import some characteristics from miui ROMS to your new twister rom. MIUI camera, MIUI gallery, MIUI music are very fast and can give a new gingerbread look to 2.2 rom. 2) you can also borrow some files or structure from miui roms for HD2 (also made wm phone) and other phones from here http://en.miui.com/download.html i think that miui is one of the best ROMS in the market. many developers think far better than CM. 3) although i mentioned before there has been an excellent progress on miui rom http://forum.samdroi...m-miui-gb-6349/ for i5700 and maybe you can also borrow directly from there some things ro really make our phone fly !!!
waiting for twister v.2 !!! thanks fro your great job !!!

darksilentwings

darksilentwings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2
I have a question regarding the bluetooth connection to the car radio. If I had connected the twister v1 version to my car, the phone asked me via status info also to share the contacts and call history. I agreed and all was there in the car phone menu.
I use the v8 version now, because it runs better on my device. But the v8 version dont ask me. I tried to connect it several times new, but nothing changed. Is there a method to set the option manually? Where are the bluetooth setting files located in the android system? Does anybody know it and can help me?

Thanks!

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2-Galaxy S+ - GalaxyTab 2

spiderman can you please change your links from rapidshare to mediafire, hotfile or else. as you know rapidshare made it's files private so only the one uploaded them can download them.
can you also upload you twister ROM in ext4.tar.gz form ?
i am also wondering if we can use android inphone installer (the same from froyo beta 3 or CM2 of http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php) to install your ROMS. anyone tried and failed ?
p.s. i also have a suggestions to make. 1) try to import some characteristics from miui ROMS to your new twister rom. MIUI camera, MIUI gallery, MIUI music are very fast and can give a new gingerbread look to 2.2 rom. 2) you can also borrow some files or structure from miui roms for HD2 (also made wm phone) and other phones from here http://en.miui.com/download.html i think that miui is one of the best ROMS in the market. many developers think far better than CM. 3) although i mentioned before there has been an excellent progress on miui rom http://forum.samdroi...m-miui-gb-6349/ for i5700 and maybe you can also borrow directly from there some things ro really make our phone fly !!!
waiting for twister v.2 !!! thanks fro your great job !!!

-I can't change Frenkie's links...and Twister is on MediFire

-Here is Twister v1 ROM in ext4.tar.gz form

-I tried installer, but fail!
-Miui Camera is already in Rom, for other caracteristhics we will try

Edited by spiderman1961, 11 March 2013 - 08:47 AM.

argentinos

argentinos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

-I can't change Frenkie's links...and Twister is on MediFire

-Here is Twister v1 ROM in ext4.tar.gz form

-I tried installer, but fail!
-Miui Camera is already in Rom, for other caracteristhics we will try

have you tried both versions of O2beta auto installer ?
http://www33.zippysh...13206/file.html
and this one
http://www33.zippysh...43289/file.html
maybe one of them is working
And Frenkie if you can read this message too, please try to upload your files on other hoster, because rapidshare does not accept downloading sence we arre not the uploaders of the file

MajinAlekos

MajinAlekos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Fine works guys!I have a problem though,it can't recognize my sd card...I've tried 3 of them (1,2 and 8 gb)..Any ideas?? Thx on advance :)

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Fine works guys!I have a problem though,it can't recognize my sd card...I've tried 3 of them (1,2 and 8 gb)..Any ideas?? Thx on advance :)

Format it fat32, primary, active

MajinAlekos

MajinAlekos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Format it fat32, primary, active

Made it!!Thnx a lot dude!!! :)

Edited by MajinAlekos, 13 March 2013 - 05:03 PM.

MajinAlekos

MajinAlekos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
can't get it to connect into usb mobe..

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

can't get it to connect into usb mobe..

Reboot Phone while connected to pc

genaro14

genaro14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2
Hello. I've installed FrenkieDroid v8 in my Omnia 2 and it looks great but the camera does not work. Anybody can help me?

koldfyre666

koldfyre666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 (16g)
Hello, and thank you all very much for all your hard work! I'm new to this forum, but have been trying to install Android on this phone for about a week now. I've finally been successful with installing Twister on my 16g model. I've installed to Internal Storage with a 13g fat32, 1.2g ext4, and approx. 400m swap. I ended up having to edit the startup.txt and fstab to mmcblk0p6 and mmcblk0p7 respectively, but the step I wanted to mention doing especially which I never actually saw a post about was to edit the loadmod (as well as loadmod.wm though I'm not sure if it was necessary) to also point to mmcblk0. I'm not entirely sure if I shouldn't have, but it seems to now be working. Also of note, I do not have a SIM or an sd card in this phone. Anyway, thanks again. Btw, if any of this sounds false to you experts, I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Hello, and thank you all very much for all your hard work! I'm new to this forum, but have been trying to install Android on this phone for about a week now. I've finally been successful with installing Twister on my 16g model. I've installed to Internal Storage with a 13g fat32, 1.2g ext4, and approx. 400m swap. I ended up having to edit the startup.txt and fstab to mmcblk0p6 and mmcblk0p7 respectively, but the step I wanted to mention doing especially which I never actually saw a post about was to edit the loadmod (as well as loadmod.wm though I'm not sure if it was necessary) to also point to mmcblk0. I'm not entirely sure if I shouldn't have, but it seems to now be working. Also of note, I do not have a SIM or an sd card in this phone. Anyway, thanks again. Btw, if any of this sounds false to you experts, I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback, it will be useful for others users!
For loadmod modification: it will be appreciated if you test your system works without it and you will report here results.
Bye

Edited by spiderman1961, 24 March 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Prometheus13

Prometheus13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Samsung omnia
hey frenkie! I love your rom it is pretty cool and fast-I use frenkiedroid v7.
But can you to provide another excellent rom based on android 2.3 or higher???

Prometheus13

Prometheus13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Samsung omnia
dsp manager not working!

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

dsp manager not working!

Reinstall or try last edition: Twister 1

Edited by spiderman1961, 25 March 2013 - 09:17 AM.

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Hello. I've installed FrenkieDroid v8 in my Omnia 2 and it looks great but the camera does not work. Anybody can help me?

Due to different chip on various manifactured Omnia, sometimes one of 2 camera doesn't work: there is no solution, because drivers developement stopped before find solution. On many Omnia work all cameras (like mine), on others only one, on others more none. You can try reinstall...

Edited by spiderman1961, 26 March 2013 - 07:21 AM.

Belmichel

Belmichel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I8000

I think your problem is the startup.txt file.

Try to edit it (with ubuntu preferibly) the value "mmcblk0p6" in "mmcblk1p6" (or inverse).

let me know!

Dug out my ole I8000 and wow... Thank you - it works and it ROCKS.

Update: Doh!!! OS installed on my TF card... Losing android when I reboot or remove the card.

it's been years since I toyed with the O2 ROMs... I now assume I was to re-partition the internal 16G (and not the TF card)...

I just read the entire 14 page thread... How do I partition that internal 16Gb from win7 again? (I can see the card and storage through windows mobile but not with MiniTool...)

... What am I missing ?

Edited by Belmichel, 26 March 2013 - 05:39 AM.

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Dug out my ole I8000 and wow... Thank you - it works and it ROCKS.

Update: Doh!!! OS installed on my TF card... Losing android when I reboot or remove the card.

it's been years since I toyed with the O2 ROMs... I now assume I was to re-partition the internal 16G (and not the TF card)...

I just read the entire 14 page thread... How do I partition that internal 16Gb from win7 again? (I can see the card and storage through windows mobile but not with MiniTool...)

... What am I missing ?

Try to reboot PC and phone; connect it like strage and open minitool; partitons must be 1250mb ext4, 400mb linux swap, remaining fat32

Belmichel

Belmichel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I8000

Try to reboot PC and phone; connect it like strage and open minitool; partitons must be 1250mb ext4, 400mb linux swap, remaining fat32

Thank you. Forgot that WM USB feature... worked fine!

Now, I can't find how to do get android on reboot instead of redoing WM haret.exe each time? Still working my invisible SD card as well. (trying active partition)

UPDATE: Fixed the invisible SD card issue after trying Active, Primary, Logical, Fat32... It finally worked after formatting with SDformatter.

Now, how can I have the O2 boot directly to android?... (Im using V8)

Edited by Belmichel, 27 March 2013 - 03:13 AM.

zappazz

zappazz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Install RapidBoot on WM
http://www.modaco.co...oot-(to-O2Droid)---Updated-to-V1.1
RapidBoot (to O2Droid) - Updated to V1.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users