I have tried with:
1) Reinstall without the SIM
2) Install zImage inside FrenkieDroid_v8.zip
3) Reboot after installation, before operating with telephone.
But I have no signal, and when I start wifi it doesn't search any wifi...
Jump to content
Edited by actionboyCZ, 04 January 2013 - 03:13 PM.
links on first post are all dead
Again really appreciate the effort Frankie and others before him have put in for this. Me being a techie understand the amount of effort that would have gone into this!! Thanks a lot guys!!!
I am able to boot to Android. I have installed it onto my 4GB SD card.
1. If I normally boot, then Android is loaded and then after 10-20 secs the system freezes. I have to removed and put back battery.
2. If I connect it to my laptop using USB and I boot Android, then it does not freeze. All functions are normal!!! This is the strangest part!
3. Camera does not work. I tried updating firmware from WM6.1.
4. Get a message that SD Card is not mounted
5. Some applications from Play store is not installed. For Angry birds I get message that my version of Android is not supported.
6. Downloading and installing apps from Play store is very slow.
I just want the boot issue and camera to be working and I wouldnt change my phone for another 2 years
Please help me resolve this issue!!!
i have to ask few question
1)does this rom support init.d script,if yes,that can help to tweak the rom even more faster
and i can give support to this script
2)camera works on what level? i mean the recording is 480p?
3)does the kernel support deep sleep?in the past cm6,deep sleep is a problem due to the energy loss in sleeping state
4)in my another android phone,i installed something call'v6 super charger' on xda.this may help the performing of the rom...
Edited by spiderman1961, 06 January 2013 - 10:29 AM.
1) For support init.d look here: there are some question to resolve an you support will be useful
2) Camera works "High 30m"
3) Deep sleep OK
4) v6 super charger an other scripts , if i remember well, are related with busybox and init.d: it will be wonderful if you find the way to install them!
Try and send a report for developement of the ROM
that's what i wanted.
As i8000 cpu is arm6 device,i found some useful source to those of you.
I think it is close to the final stage of android on sd on i8000.
But in case,the overall performance is the problem now:(
OK..LET say about the rom.
rom is good but few point need to take care.
1)too much useless app.please delete as much as possible. there are even 3 file explorer and 3 camera app.i don't want these app to slow down the real performance of android.
2)i think the rom is based on Italian language? there are lot of english user here,so make language and some app be english.
3)i install on sd card, so i need to change the startup.txt to 0p6 but there isn't any mount sd/storage script in android.i am very difficult to download in the internet.so make it mount sd/storage.
4)i8000 has a low cpu and ram.we don't want to much of beautiful effect on it.so i think it should disable the effect.
5)it is also about slim rom.there are too much ringtone/wallpaper .we won't need those of them,just keep 5 of each one.
6)the phone key lay out which make me very uncomfortable.
it should be more likely to wm mode.
lock screen key should be lock screen, don't be back.
camera key should use to take photo but don't do nothing.
the diamond key should use to be back key.
the back key should be use for menu key.
other is the same.
7)whatsapp should not be in system app:(
8)contact remover doesn't do any thing for me
9)you should update the updatest app to phome.
super user is 3.13 now,why on 2.xx?
10)too much of gps fix, 1 is enough.
11)launcher should set in 2d but not 3d
12)camera app is something wrong while switching to video.
6) Key layout for now cannot be remapping: you can use Button Savior (free on Playstore) to replace and safeguard physical buttons
this is not correct, look at my post of 27 december:
Hi Frenkie, great work!
I have a Note2 but the satisfaction to see android running well in my loved i8000 is great.
I suggest to modify the s3c-keypad.kl file located in /SYSTEM/USR/KEYLAYOUT/ to resemble actual android phone key layout:
key 158 CAMERA
key 116 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED
key 102 HOME
key 231 CALL
key 217 MENU
key 115 VOLUME_UP
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN
key 26 BACK WAKE_DROPPED
To make mod open the file with es file explorer, modify the keys according this list.
Edited by spiderman1961, 08 January 2013 - 06:14 PM.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users