FrenkieDroid v8 GT-I8000 Full Working! NOW B7610 TOO!!!!!

Guest frenkie999999999

Guest marcelo26

hola para aumentar la velocidad para juegos..

necesitas frankie-v8.

en windows antes de iniciar android..

1-gpio.cab o S3Clock v1.10.cab (segun version de windows)

2-framework.cab

pagina official

(fra) http://tanguy.ath.cx/?q=GPIOgfx

download cab (windowsmobile)

framework-15mb

ftp://ftp2.pcsoft.com/DLL/14.0/US/InstallFramework_ARM.cab

gpio-427kb

http://tanguy.ath.cx...les/gpiogfx.CAB

o

S3Clock

http://tanguy.ath.cx...les/S3Clock.zip

instalar:

1-instalar en windows InstallFramework_ARM.cab

2-instalar en windows gpiogfx.CAB

3-iniciar gpiogfx

4-Abajo un cuadrito que dice config tocar.

5-modificar APLL:477 (954mhz) O LO QUE LE SEA MAS ESTABLE YO LO TENGO EN 489-(978MHZ).

6-Tocar SET (NO TOCAR OK)

7-INICIAR ANDROID

8-PARA QUE NO SE TILDE EN SETCPU-CAMBIAR DE CONSERVATIVE A PERFORMANCE

9- MAS ESTABLE AGREGANDO EN INIT.RC

DESPUES DE ESTA LINEA

# for ctrl cpu freq.

chown system system /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

chmod 0777 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor "performance"

ESPERO LO PRUEBEN

Guest dpspcdrgn

Thanks spiderman1961 for the help.

@feegus Can you tell me exactly what steps you took to get the rom installed on your 16gb?

I too have the 16gb model, and installing according to instructions my phone hangs on 'Android on omnia II loading'

Thankyou. :)

Guest marcelo26

hello dpspcdrgn

changing likely starup.txt

Set kernel zImage

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set CMDLINE "root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init panic=30"

boot

This last line panic=30 if something is wrong is auto restart

9- MAS ESTABLE AGREGANDO EN INIT.RC

DESPUES DE ESTA LINEA

# for ctrl cpu freq.

chown system system /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

chmod 0777 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor "performance"

You sure about that number? Mine is 0666 but I went ahead and changed it regardless :D

Big thanks for this tweak Marcelo, things seem to be running quite smooth and fast ...EXCEPT I still can't get googleplay to show me most of the higher end games (angrybirds) even though I have followed the fix posted here more than once and deleted Dalvik Cache. grrrr!

Edited by feegus

Thanks spiderman1961 for the help.

@feegus Can you tell me exactly what steps you took to get the rom installed on your 16gb?

I too have the 16gb model, and installing according to instructions my phone hangs on 'Android on omnia II loading'

Thankyou. :)

Hi!

Post # 3201 in the (Stopped) CyanogenMod thread really helped me. It's here --> http://www.modaco.com/topic/346446-stopped-cyanogenmod-beta2-omnia-2-updated-04052012/page__st__3200#entry1853781

Good luck!

Guest marcelo26

para bajar juegos yo modifique

build.prop

ro.product.model=GT-I8000

delet GT-I8000

ro.product.model=

and

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

delet jit

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

and

dalvik.vm.startheapsize=8m

dalvik.vm.heapsize=42m

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=10

ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0

Guest darksilentwings

Hello,

thanks for that great ROM.

In the past I used the latest O2Droid version on my omnia2 to have apps like WhatsApp and 90elf-german football radio.

It was OK, but the performance was nearly unuseable after some hours. The camera never works and there were some other smaller probs.

--> Because the project was stopped, I was very happy to find that topic and someone who's interested in further development for the "old" omnia2.

I enlarged the older partitions, installed and smiled. Great look,like a new smartphone! The performance with that ROM is much better, so it is really possible to use it.

I have still some probs, but now I can hope for further releases to fix them.

1. The camera is still not working. All 3 installed apps crash during startup with "...process killed...". Also every flash light app, which is using the LED backlight does not work.

Others say, the camera works perfect!? With the O2droid ROM there were also users with the same problem. I read all feeds and the comments "fully working-perfect". Not for me :(

So I think it is still the problem with the camera drivers?

2. The other curious thing is the different behaviour. Sometimes after restart wifi is not working, bluetooth probs, app failures and bad performance. After restart again all works perfect-wihout any

changes?! The most curious: 1x ever the camera suddenly works, and I was happy to take 2 fotos. After restart :( --> Has anybody an idea, what I can do or what is the reason?

So nevertheless thanks again for deveIoping further on and I hope for help ith the written issues.

Guest spiderman1961

Hello,

thanks for that great ROM.

In the past I used the latest O2Droid version on my omnia2 to have apps like WhatsApp and 90elf-german football radio.

It was OK, but the performance was nearly unuseable after some hours. The camera never works and there were some other smaller probs.

--> Because the project was stopped, I was very happy to find that topic and someone who's interested in further development for the "old" omnia2.

I enlarged the older partitions, installed and smiled. Great look,like a new smartphone! The performance with that ROM is much better, so it is really possible to use it.

I have still some probs, but now I can hope for further releases to fix them.

1. The camera is still not working. All 3 installed apps crash during startup with "...process killed...". Also every flash light app, which is using the LED backlight does not work.

Others say, the camera works perfect!? With the O2droid ROM there were also users with the same problem. I read all feeds and the comments "fully working-perfect". Not for me :(

So I think it is still the problem with the camera drivers?

2. The other curious thing is the different behaviour. Sometimes after restart wifi is not working, bluetooth probs, app failures and bad performance. After restart again all works perfect-wihout any

changes?! The most curious: 1x ever the camera suddenly works, and I was happy to take 2 fotos. After restart :( --> Has anybody an idea, what I can do or what is the reason?

So nevertheless thanks again for deveIoping further on and I hope for help ith the written issues.

Welcome between us!

These issue may caused be by bad installation (with any files corruption)

Many users solved by a new download an a new installation

Edited by spiderman1961

Guest dpspcdrgn

Ok guys, so far so good for the most part. Thanks for all the help!

Now, the only problem I am having is getting internal storage mounted as sdcard.

I am running 16gb i8000 with no SD card, I got vold.fstab reading "dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1" as suggested on the Cyanogen page http://www.modaco.co...00#entry1853781

but when going to file explorer in frenkiedroid I get a 'No SD card Mounted' message.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

(Awesome ROM btw Frenkie!!!! Fastest one by far! :))

Edit: noticed also that some graphics on games are missing. (similar to feegus) I can't see nom nom in cut the rope! Tried deleting cache but no go. V8

2nd Edit: Hey! I got it working! I forgot to change the line in vold.fstab from 'auto' to 1 :)

Still haven't checked if the games are working properly now after a reinstall, I will report back when I know.

Edited by dpspcdrgn

Guest dpspcdrgn

5-modificar APLL:477 (954mhz) O LO QUE LE SEA MAS ESTABLE YO LO TENGO EN 489-(978MHZ).

I'm not sure how that works for you guys, I can't set apl past 450 without errors upon booting to android.

Edit: I have cr*pola for luck, I can't even slightly increase the clock without android freezing. Even setting APLL to 435 causes issues. I don't know if there is much point in going lower. :/

para bajar juegos yo modifique

build.prop

ro.product.model=GT-I8000

delet GT-I8000

ro.product.model=

and

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

delet jit

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

and

dalvik.vm.startheapsize=8m

dalvik.vm.heapsize=42m

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=10

ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0

My build.prop does not have the line 'dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit' should I add it?

Also, setting ro.product.model= makes my phone 'Unknown' surely this can't be better than before, or is it?

Please reply, I am starting to feel lonely on this thread lol!

Edited by dpspcdrgn

Guest plutomaniac

If anybody is interested, I translated Frenkies guide to English. Let me know if you want it and I will upload it for you.

Thanks again Frenkie! :)

Yes please, do so. It will be much helpful (v8 right?)! :)

Also, does anyone know what languages are included in this?

Edited by plutomaniac

Guest plutomaniac

Thank you, this is with google translator right? I used it too but sometimes it does not translate accurately. I'll figure it out though.

Since you have it installed, can you tell me what languages are available at v8?

Guest dpspcdrgn

The instructions are pretty easy to follow, if you have any trouble just let me know.

There are a ton of languages included, I need to reinstall though so I can't check exactly which ones at the moment.

It's kind of odd how this thread went so quiet suddenly, I am beginning to wonder if perhaps the conversation hasn't been moved elsewhere? :?p

Guest spiderman1961

Thank you, this is with google translator right? I used it too but sometimes it does not translate accurately. I'll figure it out though.

Since you have it installed, can you tell me what languages are available at v8?

Bulgarian, catalan, cestina, dansk, deutsch, english, espanol, francaiis, hebrew, hindi, hrvatski, indonesian, italiano, latvian, magyar, nederlands, norsk, polski, portugues, romana, slovencina, slovenian, suomi, svenska, tagalog, turkce, vietnamese, ellenika, pyccknn, arab, chinese, japanese

Guest darksilentwings

Hello again,

thanks for your fast reply to my topic. I tried it with a really new installation. I formatted the internal storage, created the partitions and installed the ROM. In general all is fine.

But there are still the 2 probs - the not working camera and sometimes curious mailfunction after a restart. I don't know whats wrong with my device? Maybe it is the 8GB storage version, but I don't believe.

If someone has an idea to get the camera working, I would be very happy.

Btw.: I played around with all the apps and tried to improve the battery operation time by deleting all apps I do not need. OK ;) now I have a nearly clean android with some sport apps and small games. But in normal use and 3G always ON, I can use the phone 2 days before recharging is necessary. That is much better than before. From my point of view the TaskManager Apps need more power than they save.

Guest prosxpal

hi, I've never used android and wanna give it a try on my o2 to test it. my storage is 2 gb and i'm gonna try this on a 4 gb sd card. is it possible? and in arkivio v8 folder the instruction says

fat32 = 350 mb , ext4 = 1250 mb , swap = remaining storage. if I use a 4 gb card do I need to multiply these numbers for 2? (I'm planning to test v8). thanks.

Guest spiderman1961

hi, I've never used android and wanna give it a try on my o2 to test it. my storage is 2 gb and i'm gonna try this on a 4 gb sd card. is it possible? and in arkivio v8 folder the instruction says

fat32 = 350 mb , ext4 = 1250 mb , swap = remaining storage. if I use a 4 gb card do I need to multiply these numbers for 2? (I'm planning to test v8). thanks.

Yes, but partition ext4 must be 1250; for others try any dimension ( i suggest maximum 400 mb for swap and remainign for fat32), and report feeedback please; it will be useful for other users. Thanks

Guest prosxpal

Yes, but partition ext4 must be 1250; for others try any dimension ( i suggest maximum 400 mb for swap and remainign for fat32), and report feeedback please; it will be useful for other users. Thanks

thanks. I'll try and tell what happens.

Guest prosxpal

Trying to install on a 4 gb sd card:

1) deleted all partitions on card

2) created logical fat32 = 2000 mb

3) created logical ext4 = 1250 mb

4) created linux swap = rest of the card ( ~530mb)

5) restored v7 .TBI image to ext4 partition as described

6) copied haret , startup , zimage files from Arkivio WORK v8.zip/Root di MemoriaPersonale folder to sd card fat32 partition

7) booted to windows 6.5.3

8) started haret.exe from sd card

9) it shows "Android on Omnia II Loading.."

no success. android is not booting. it's stuck on no:9

I had to take out battery to shut down device.

also tried zimage from v7 folder but then I see little writings on black screen saying jumping to kernel and after a while screen starts to turn to a greenish noisy look like old tv screens :)

Edited by prosxpal

Guest spiderman1961

Trying to install on a 4 gb sd card:

1) deleted all partitions on card

2) created logical fat32 = 2000 mb

3) created logical ext4 = 1250 mb

4) created linux swap = rest of the card ( ~530mb)

5) restored v7 .TBI image to ext4 partition as described

6) copied haret , startup , zimage files from Arkivio WORK v8.zip/Root di MemoriaPersonale folder to sd card fat32 partition

7) booted to windows 6.5.3

8) started haret.exe from sd card

9) it shows "Android on Omnia II Loading.."

no success. android is not booting. it's stuck on no:9

I had to take out battery to shut down device.

also tried zimage from v7 folder but then I see little writings on black screen saying jumping to kernel and after a while screen starts to turn to a greenish noisy look like old tv screens :)

I suggest you use the kernel mod 1: it is more powerful

The procedure you followed is correct.

However, you should check these steps:

-have you reformatted the ext4 partition in ubuntu? (is faster)

-have you reformatted the partition under ubuntu linux swap? (is faster)

-have you checked that the partition between fat32 and ext4 there are no unallocated space, if there are you have to delete (this is an advice concerning these often creates MiniTool: unallocated space prevents booting Android)

Partitions must not appear in ubuntu like in the picture

post-994390-0-43955600-1359078563_thumb.

Edited by spiderman1961