Photo

FrenkieDroid v8 GT-I8000 Full Working! NOW B7610 TOO!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

plutomaniac

plutomaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II GT-i8000

If anybody is interested, I translated Frenkies guide to English. Let me know if you want it and I will upload it for you.
Thanks again Frenkie! :)

Yes please, do so. It will be much helpful (v8 right?)! :)

Also, does anyone know what languages are included in this?

Edited by plutomaniac, 22 January 2013 - 11:28 AM.

dpspcdrgn

dpspcdrgn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Yes please, do so. It will be much helpful (v8 right?)! :)

Here it is :) I am on v8, but afaik the process will be the same either way.
http://sdrv.ms/Wqi6YL

Edited by dpspcdrgn, 22 January 2013 - 07:06 PM.

plutomaniac

plutomaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Thank you, this is with google translator right? I used it too but sometimes it does not translate accurately. I'll figure it out though.

Since you have it installed, can you tell me what languages are available at v8?

dpspcdrgn

dpspcdrgn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
The instructions are pretty easy to follow, if you have any trouble just let me know.
There are a ton of languages included, I need to reinstall though so I can't check exactly which ones at the moment.
It's kind of odd how this thread went so quiet suddenly, I am beginning to wonder if perhaps the conversation hasn't been moved elsewhere? :?p

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2-Galaxy S+ - GalaxyTab 2

Thank you, this is with google translator right? I used it too but sometimes it does not translate accurately. I'll figure it out though.

Since you have it installed, can you tell me what languages are available at v8?

Bulgarian, catalan, cestina, dansk, deutsch, english, espanol, francaiis, hebrew, hindi, hrvatski, indonesian, italiano, latvian, magyar, nederlands, norsk, polski, portugues, romana, slovencina, slovenian, suomi, svenska, tagalog, turkce, vietnamese, ellenika, pyccknn, arab, chinese, japanese

darksilentwings

darksilentwings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2
Hello again,

thanks for your fast reply to my topic. I tried it with a really new installation. I formatted the internal storage, created the partitions and installed the ROM. In general all is fine.
But there are still the 2 probs - the not working camera and sometimes curious mailfunction after a restart. I don't know whats wrong with my device? Maybe it is the 8GB storage version, but I don't believe.
If someone has an idea to get the camera working, I would be very happy.

Btw.: I played around with all the apps and tried to improve the battery operation time by deleting all apps I do not need. OK ;) now I have a nearly clean android with some sport apps and small games. But in normal use and 3G always ON, I can use the phone 2 days before recharging is necessary. That is much better than before. From my point of view the TaskManager Apps need more power than they save.

plutomaniac

plutomaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Good, my language is included. I will let you know if I have any issues installing it when I will get to it in some days.

hirophang

hirophang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:i8000
i wish to try v7 , but both link is dead, can upload again? or anyone gt backup link can give me?

lilbug

lilbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:omnia II, optimus L5, moto G
hey hirophang! i found it on google http://www.mediafire...x9qc5skm1wxwn39

Just another little bug

prosxpal

prosxpal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
hi, I've never used android and wanna give it a try on my o2 to test it. my storage is 2 gb and i'm gonna try this on a 4 gb sd card. is it possible? and in arkivio v8 folder the instruction says
fat32 = 350 mb , ext4 = 1250 mb , swap = remaining storage. if I use a 4 gb card do I need to multiply these numbers for 2? (I'm planning to test v8). thanks.

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

hi, I've never used android and wanna give it a try on my o2 to test it. my storage is 2 gb and i'm gonna try this on a 4 gb sd card. is it possible? and in arkivio v8 folder the instruction says
fat32 = 350 mb , ext4 = 1250 mb , swap = remaining storage. if I use a 4 gb card do I need to multiply these numbers for 2? (I'm planning to test v8). thanks.

Yes, but partition ext4 must be 1250; for others try any dimension ( i suggest maximum 400 mb for swap and remainign for fat32), and report feeedback please; it will be useful for other users. Thanks

prosxpal

prosxpal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Yes, but partition ext4 must be 1250; for others try any dimension ( i suggest maximum 400 mb for swap and remainign for fat32), and report feeedback please; it will be useful for other users. Thanks

thanks. I'll try and tell what happens.

prosxpal

prosxpal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Trying to install on a 4 gb sd card:

1) deleted all partitions on card
2) created logical fat32 = 2000 mb
3) created logical ext4 = 1250 mb
4) created linux swap = rest of the card ( ~530mb)
5) restored v7 .TBI image to ext4 partition as described
6) copied haret , startup , zimage files from Arkivio WORK v8.zip/Root di MemoriaPersonale folder to sd card fat32 partition
7) booted to windows 6.5.3
8) started haret.exe from sd card
9) it shows "Android on Omnia II Loading.."

no success. android is not booting. it's stuck on no:9
I had to take out battery to shut down device.

also tried zimage from v7 folder but then I see little writings on black screen saying jumping to kernel and after a while screen starts to turn to a greenish noisy look like old tv screens :)

Edited by prosxpal, 24 January 2013 - 01:17 PM.

hirophang

hirophang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:i8000

hey hirophang! i found it on google http://www.mediafire...x9qc5skm1wxwn39

thanks you very much...

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Trying to install on a 4 gb sd card:

1) deleted all partitions on card
2) created logical fat32 = 2000 mb
3) created logical ext4 = 1250 mb
4) created linux swap = rest of the card ( ~530mb)
5) restored v7 .TBI image to ext4 partition as described
6) copied haret , startup , zimage files from Arkivio WORK v8.zip/Root di MemoriaPersonale folder to sd card fat32 partition
7) booted to windows 6.5.3
8) started haret.exe from sd card
9) it shows "Android on Omnia II Loading.."

no success. android is not booting. it's stuck on no:9
I had to take out battery to shut down device.

also tried zimage from v7 folder but then I see little writings on black screen saying jumping to kernel and after a while screen starts to turn to a greenish noisy look like old tv screens :)

I suggest you use the kernel mod 1: it is more powerful
The procedure you followed is correct.
However, you should check these steps:
-have you reformatted the ext4 partition in ubuntu? (is faster)
-have you reformatted the partition under ubuntu linux swap? (is faster)
-have you checked that the partition between fat32 and ext4 there are no unallocated space, if there are you have to delete (this is an advice concerning these often creates MiniTool: unallocated space prevents booting Android)
Partitions must not appear in ubuntu like in the picture

Attached Files

• Attached File  ubu1.JPG   63.08KB   49 downloads

Edited by spiderman1961, 25 January 2013 - 01:50 AM.

prosxpal

prosxpal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

I suggest you use the kernel mod 1: it is more powerful
The procedure you followed is correct.
However, you should check these steps:
-have you reformatted the ext4 partition in ubuntu? (is faster)
-have you reformatted the partition under ubuntu linux swap? (is faster)
-have you checked that the partition between fat32 and ext4 there are no unallocated space, if there are you have to delete (this is an advice concerning these often creates MiniTool: unallocated space prevents booting Android)
Partitions must not appear in ubuntu like in the picture

ok, reformatted ext4 and swap under ubuntu. no change. but your gparted shows /dev/sdb as your card, mine is different. is that a problem?
and I have no idea what kernel mod 1 is.
I'm gonna partition sdcard all over under ubuntu and give it a try.

Attached File  Screenshot from 2013-01-25 13:23:34.png   59.18KB   29 downloads

spiderman1961

spiderman1961

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

ok, reformatted ext4 and swap under ubuntu. no change. but your gparted shows /dev/sdb as your card, mine is different. is that a problem?
and I have no idea what kernel mod 1 is.
I'm gonna partition sdcard all over under ubuntu and give it a try.

Attached File  Screenshot from 2013-01-25 13:23:34.png   59.18KB   29 downloads

By picture i think you are installing without external sd card inserted: is it right?
If it's right, it wil be better install with external sd inserted; otherwise you have to change you startup.txt: in this line "Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p6 init=/init" value 1 is referred to number disk: with external sd number must be 1; without number must be 0

Kernel mod 1 is this

Attached Files

prosxpal

prosxpal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

By picture i think you are installing without external sd card inserted: is it right?
If it's right, it wil be better install with external sd inserted; otherwise you have to change you startup.txt: in this line "Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p6 init=/init" value 1 is referred to number disk: with external sd number must be 1; without number must be 0

Kernel mod 1 is this

what do you mean by "installing without external sd card inserted" ? my o2 is 2 gb (my storage) and a 4 gb sd card. i took out the card put in card reader formatted and restored image. then i put it back to o2. or should I put my sd card to usb connection on o2 and format and restore it when the card is inside the device?

I tried changing 0 to 1 and no difference. also put haret zimage and startup to my storage and tried form there. same result. but I noticed something. after I try to boot android, it does not. I checked my card under ubuntu and it does not show any partition at all. may be there is something wrong with the card?

Attached File  Screenshot from 2013-01-25 23:27:15.png   38.77KB   14 downloads

prosxpal

prosxpal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Maybe my card is broken or I did something wrong, but I don't want to spend any more time for this.

I tried everything I can. This is the end for me. I truly thank you for your help spiderman1961.

plutomaniac

plutomaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Alright, I just tested v8 and looks really good. I have the 8GB version with no SD card and so I had to change startup from 1 to 0. However, there are some issues:

1) When I try to use the camera or File Manager it keeps telling me to insert SD card, how can I fix that?
2) I applied the buttons fix that was posted some pages back but afterwards I cant find any key that locks the phone. The top right one only seems to unlock the phone.
3) I am going to give the phone to a novice user so this is important: is there a way to skip WinMo and boot directly into Andoid?

I changed the language and did a factory reset which removed a lot of apps and made it even faster probably. I like clean installations. Only this task manager icon at the top is a little annoying. I have some more questions but I can't remember them at the moment. Thank you for all your amazing work.

Edited by plutomaniac, 26 January 2013 - 12:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users