Obligatory "Where's the 4.2 ROMs" thread

Guest KenBW2

Guest TehStalker

There is probably no point in having 4.2 on the Blade.

4.2 isn't going to offer much as we're not even using the 4.1.2 camera let alone this new sphere one. keyboard shouldn't be too much work to port (may even just be an apk). nfc and wireless display we don't have. now/voice search don't work well as it is. we've already got expandable notifications and user profiles, which pretty much only leaves the gallery screensaver thing!

4.2 devices are not out until 13th November, 4.2 has yet to be released to AOSP.

remember to breath KenBW2, it'll be a long fortnight

I suspect the sarcasm I was attempting to portray hasn't quite come across. For the record, I'm not actually expecting 4.2 any time soon, I know these things take time and motivation on the devs' part.

Oh it's hecatae back on blade.modaco! Hi, thanks for making it possible for me to say "The Blade has had every version of Android since 2.1", yes I did use your Honeycomb rom for a few weeks - even without the ability to make phone calls :P

Guest dhavaljp.95

Keyboard doesn't work n camera preview breaks on blade @ jb .. I think the devs will take some time to get it right !

Edited by dhavaljp.95

Guest sej7278

Keyboard doesn't work n camera preview breaks on blade @ jb .. I think the devs will take some time to get it right !

camera will never work. keyboard shouldn't be too much hassle, gallery may never work due to the workarounds needed to get legacycamera to integrate.

4.2 is end-of-the-line for blade i reckon, unless there's some major code fixes under the hood that are worth the effort, it hardly seems worth moving from 4.1.2 as the new features won't work.

Guest dhavaljp.95

Gallery seems to be working ,just the editing options don't work, I don't know much about camera,but u can click photos but without preview,I agree keyboard won't be a great issue. But I still think our blades will get 4.2 working properly with the known bugs of 4.1.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ..Abel..

camera will never work. keyboard shouldn't be too much hassle, gallery may never work due to the workarounds needed to get legacycamera to integrate.

4.2 is end-of-the-line for blade i reckon, unless there's some major code fixes under the hood that are worth the effort, it hardly seems worth moving from 4.1.2 as the new features won't work.

4.2 camera works, all apps except keyboard work including clock,gmail etc !!

4.2 camera works, all apps except keyboard work including clock,gmail etc !!

clock works, ok ... whats with the alarm clock function? i think i read some issues with that...