UK Vodafone ICS - B936 released OTA !

Guest tcpaulh

Guest tcpaulh
Guest FrankieADZ

lol....thats basically what I've been using for the last month odd...& its been pretty good imo.

only froze had 1 issue...and that was when the phone froze after 15 days of being on(was charged during that time)

lol....thats basically what I've been using for the last month odd...& its been pretty good imo.

only froze had 1 issue...and that was when the phone froze after 15 days of being on(was charged during that time)

Does this mean they have just re-released the New Zealand update and added UK Voda Bloat, Would like to try on my spare phone which can no longer accept ota, is it available as a stand alone download, not over air?

Edited by bryfly

Guest jsevi83

I think it is B936 Finally...

Can someone check if dictionary, default storage or hw acceleration are fixed? Or it's the same B936 we know for one and a half month?

I think it is B936 Finally...

Can someone check if dictionary, default storage or hw acceleration are fixed? Or it's the same B936 we know for one and a half month?

+1

Guest tcpaulh

So I downgraded to B895 then tried to get the OTA but it says:-

"No updates are available"

Anyone else had success? If so, from which version are you upgrading?

Guest Jamie :)

So I downgraded to B895 then tried to get the OTA but it says:-

"No updates are available"

Anyone else had success? If so, from which version are you upgrading?

Did you flash the vendor package or is there not one? I think you need a vendor package to get any updates because there from Vodafone

Guest tcpaulh

You're probably right. There isn't one in the official b895 downgrade. Time to reflash... :)

Edit: Actually b895 has a 1kb middle file which is all the vendor packages seem to be anyway.

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest unaszplodrmann

running stock uk firmware vodafone, (b892) and i cant get any updates at the moment....

Yep, same here. I've removed all the 'value added' crap, but as far as I know, any available update should still be offered. Someones 'avin a larf.

Guest Magnets

1 person on the vodafone forums says he manually updated to 895 then got the OTA to 936.

Which is what others (NZ and europe) report in other threads, first they get the 895 upgrade (OTA) then the ICS follows at a later date. Did vodafone forget the 895 update?

Edited by Magnets

Guest timfimjim

Yep, same here. I've removed all the 'value added' crap, but as far as I know, any available update should still be offered. Someones 'avin a larf.

I heard that if you remove the vodafone apps you will stop getting OTA updates. I'm pretty sure it happened to me when I was on B892 too.

Guest psionandy

I heard that if you remove the vodafone apps you will stop getting OTA updates. I'm pretty sure it happened to me when I was on B892 too.

I still have them... and no update for me yet.....