UK Vodafone ICS - B936 released OTA !

Guest tcpaulh

Guest unaszplodrmann

How do i enter the settings manually on this phone, anybody know?

It's no great mystery: Goto system settings > more > mobile networks > access point names and create new entries there using the details you've been resourceful enough to acquire from your carrier's website... Profit.

Guest Magnets

Update on HauweiDeviceUK facebook page

We’re sorry last week’s news wasn’t as great as hoped. All of the issues you’ve posted on here around the update are being looked into by Huawei and Vodafone. We realise that this doesn’t help immediately, but we’re working on it. In the meantime, we have issued a software version for Gingerbread. We’ll share more news when we can. Apologies we can’t be more specific at this stage.

Guest tykatem

After installing UK Vodafone ICS - B965 my pc is now telling me that windows is unable to install my android. Can anyone please advise as to where I can get some driver software? I have looked on the Huawei website but to no avail. My pc is running windows vista.

Guest bladebuddy
After installing UK Vodafone ICS - B965 my pc is now telling me that windows is unable to install my android. Can anyone please advise as to where I can get some driver software? I have looked on the Huawei website but to no avail. My pc is running windows vista.

When you connected your phone to p.c via USB , you should see the driver package along with you storage drives have you looked.

Guest tykatem

When you connected your phone to p.c via USB , you should see the driver package along with you storage drives have you looked.

Yes I've looked, and there's no indication of a driver package!

Am I right in assuming this B936f ICS is the same as the NZ version but with all extra UK Vodafone bloatware?

I upgraded the other day and posted that I wanted to find the easiest way to get rid of the bloatware. I beleive I can root the phone and blackllist certain apps but instead can I still install the official NZ version? If so, a link to the right thread would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

BTW I was going to bit the bullet and install Infusion as I am quite comfortable with rooting etc. having installed Swedish Spring on my ZTE blade but I couldnt get any drivers to work with my XP PC before I downloaded the official OTA upgrade to B936f. (I can now see the phone no problem post upgrade.)......

Edited by kar999

Guest flyer38

Just had notification that there is an OTA update B936F dated 17-11-2012.

Does anyone know if this one works or is it the same buggy version Vodafone released earlier this month (or was it last month?)

Guest flyer38

They have stated today a new release was due shortly so its possible. If you try it please let us know how it is

Think I'll let someone else 'boldly go' first ;)

Guest flyer38

Where did they say this??

Ignore, I got the release date wrong, it's 17/10/2012 not 17/11/2012 :blush:

So they are still pushing out the broken update despite all the comments about it in the Vodafone forums and elsewhere...incredible :rolleyes:

Guest Craigy1892

Hi

I dont know if you have heard, but apparently Huawei will be issuing a new software version next wednesday for those on Official Vodafone approved software

Thanks Craigy1892

Guest Maximus9

Ignore, I got the release date wrong, it's 17/10/2012 not 17/11/2012 :blush:

So they are still pushing out the broken update despite all the comments about it in the Vodafone forums and elsewhere...incredible :rolleyes:

I think that is because the G300 is a done and dusted model for them. Is not selling anymore anywhere, although I think Vodafone website still has it listed, but that is it, no more Tesco, Amazon etc.