UK Vodafone ICS - B936 released OTA !

Guest tcpaulh

Guest tcpaulh

For anyone who updates successfully, can you say whether you have toggles beforehand?

I wonder if the update checks for all the voda crap. I've tried flashing various update.apps, middle files etc and I cant get the damn toggles back.

Guest BadarChaudhry

I was on B892 and wasn't able to get B936 so this is what i did.

1. Download B895 from link below

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|711p12|2655687688|U8815_V100R001C02B895%20%28Android_2.3.6_England_Vodafone_05011EMW%29.rar|211220|0|0

2. Extract folder and copy dload folder to root of your memory card.

3. Then go to setting---storage and sd card upgrade, you will be promoted to upgrade to B895.(make sure you back up every thing else you will lose all apps, message and contacts etc.)

4. once phone is upgraded to B895. connect to wifi and right away you will be promoted to ICS B936 or go to setting---about phone---firmware update.

This is for UK G300 Vodafone model

Edited by BadarChaudhry

somebody from voda uk told me months ago that ota updates are released in batches, so as not to overload the system............that might be rubbish but i dont know.............

Guest jsevi83

https://rapidshare.c....rar|211220|0|0

3. Then go to setting---storage and sd card upgrade, you will be promoted to upgrade to B895.(make sure you back up every thing else you will lose all apps, message and contacts etc.)

4. once phone is upgraded to B895. connect to wifi and right away you will be promoted to ICS B936 or go to setting---about phone---firmware update.

Maybe you could upload it.

Guest BadarChaudhry

can anyone try this methord of upgrade and let us knw if the new version is any good.

I tried b892 to 895 and it worked , now i'm in middle of downloading b936 OTA...getting slow speed from huawei server. so far downloaded 40MB out of 386MB.

It says software date 17-10-2012.

Edited by BadarChaudhry

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|711p12|2655687688|U8815_V100R001C02B895%20%28Android_2.3.6_England_Vodafone_05011EMW%29.rar|211220|0|0

Trying this method of going back to B895 from the S3 Rom and the pink bar when updating is stuck about a third of the way along, am i doing something wrong or do i need a different method, been stuck for about 15 min now??

Guest alpine101

Mine was on stock but rooted B892, so I've just done the 895 upgrade from the rapidshare download. As usual when I've done this, Android never sets my gateway etc so I had to do this in the advanced settings. Then, going to settings update prompted for the new version which is coming down now currently 172 of 386MB...

Mine was on stock but rooted B892, so I've just done the 895 upgrade from the rapidshare download. As usual when I've done this, Android never sets my gateway etc so I had to do this in the advanced settings. Then, going to settings update prompted for the new version which is coming down now currently 172 of 386MB...

let us know how you get on, if its worth doing i might try mine, im on b944 so im not sure if i can downgrade?

Guest Hoggonator

If we are on 2030 I am pretty sure we will have to wait for some kind soul to make us a CWM flashable .zip file as I am pretty sure that going from 2030 to Stock GB requires the IMEI hack method (although I am willing to be corrected here) and that is a technical challenge not for the weak hearted.

It does make me laugh, I almost posted this morning that I am going to manually go to ICS after so much waiting and I bet that prompts Huawei to go OTA knowing my luck - should of waited 1 day....

If we are on 2030 I am pretty sure we will have to wait for some kind soul to make us a CWM flashable .zip file as I am pretty sure that going from 2030 to Stock GB requires the IMEI hack method (although I am willing to be corrected here) and that is a technical challenge not for the weak hearted.

It does make me laugh, I almost posted this morning that I am going to manually go to ICS after so much waiting and I bet that prompts Huawei to go OTA knowing my luck - should of waited 1 day....

can anyone else confirm the easy way to get this update coming from 2030?

Guest alpine101

The update downloaded OK but didn't let me install using my temporary 2GB SD card, where its put the OTA update file. I'm going to put it in its hwOUC dir on my normal 32GB card and see if it runs.

Edit: Started OK but seems to have somewhat ceased about 1/3rd up the update bar...

Edit: No, it's off again, now says installation completed and is formatting cache etc...

Edit number 300: It went to the standard firmware update screens again, ran those, now its formating cache again...Oh dear I seem to have acquired a Vodaphone boot screen as well as the Huawei one..

Edit: Seems to be there, now running the usual android start up settings stuff.

Final Edit: Yes, Android 4.0.3, Baseband 2030, Build B836 Hope this thing hasn't locked itself back to Vodaphone since I'm using it on TMO...

Definitely final edit: All OK, until I came to sign in on google where I couldn't find the numbers on the touchpal keyboard. Scarily, using voice input worked...

Edited by alpine101

can anyone else confirm the easy way to get this update coming from 2030?

Like to know as well, tried installing all variations of g300 voda roms and phone will not let it happen by dload method or from within CWM......