223 replies to this topic

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei
let us know how you get on with new version.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5 and coolpad F1 8297w

I was on B892 and wasn't able to get B936 so this is what i did.

1. Download B895 from link below
https://rapidshare.com/#!download|711p12|2655687688|U8815_V100R001C02B895%20%28Android_2.3.6_England_Vodafone_05011EMW%29.rar|211220|0|0

2. Extract folder and copy dload folder to root of your memory card.

3. Then go to setting---storage and sd card upgrade, you will be promoted to upgrade to B895.(make sure you back up every thing else you will lose all apps, message and contacts etc.)

4. once phone is upgraded to B895. connect to wifi and right away you will be promoted to ICS B936 or go to setting---about phone---firmware update.

This is for UK G300 Vodafone model

Trying this method of going back to B895 from the S3 Rom and the pink bar when updating is stuck about a third of the way along, am i doing something wrong or do i need a different method, been stuck for about 15 min now??

alpine101

alpine101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Xoom,Huawei G300,Ainol Fire
Mine was on stock but rooted B892, so I've just done the 895 upgrade from the rapidshare download. As usual when I've done this, Android never sets my gateway etc so I had to do this in the advanced settings. Then, going to settings update prompted for the new version which is coming down now currently 172 of 386MB...

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Mine was on stock but rooted B892, so I've just done the 895 upgrade from the rapidshare download. As usual when I've done this, Android never sets my gateway etc so I had to do this in the advanced settings. Then, going to settings update prompted for the new version which is coming down now currently 172 of 386MB...

let us know how you get on, if its worth doing i might try mine, im on b944 so im not sure if i can downgrade?

Hoggonator

Hoggonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:G300
If we are on 2030 I am pretty sure we will have to wait for some kind soul to make us a CWM flashable .zip file as I am pretty sure that going from 2030 to Stock GB requires the IMEI hack method (although I am willing to be corrected here) and that is a technical challenge not for the weak hearted.

It does make me laugh, I almost posted this morning that I am going to manually go to ICS after so much waiting and I bet that prompts Huawei to go OTA knowing my luck - should of waited 1 day....

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

If we are on 2030 I am pretty sure we will have to wait for some kind soul to make us a CWM flashable .zip file as I am pretty sure that going from 2030 to Stock GB requires the IMEI hack method (although I am willing to be corrected here) and that is a technical challenge not for the weak hearted.

It does make me laugh, I almost posted this morning that I am going to manually go to ICS after so much waiting and I bet that prompts Huawei to go OTA knowing my luck - should of waited 1 day....

can anyone else confirm the easy way to get this update coming from 2030?

alpine101

alpine101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
The update downloaded OK but didn't let me install using my temporary 2GB SD card, where its put the OTA update file. I'm going to put it in its hwOUC dir on my normal 32GB card and see if it runs.

Edit: Started OK but seems to have somewhat ceased about 1/3rd up the update bar...
Edit: No, it's off again, now says installation completed and is formatting cache etc...
Edit number 300: It went to the standard firmware update screens again, ran those, now its formating cache again...Oh dear I seem to have acquired a Vodaphone boot screen as well as the Huawei one..
Edit: Seems to be there, now running the usual android start up settings stuff.
Final Edit: Yes, Android 4.0.3, Baseband 2030, Build B836 Hope this thing hasn't locked itself back to Vodaphone since I'm using it on TMO...

Definitely final edit: All OK, until I came to sign in on google where I couldn't find the numbers on the touchpal keyboard. Scarily, using voice input worked...

Edited by alpine101, 31 October 2012 - 05:06 PM.

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Is it any different than previous versions of B936? Could you upload it?

alpine101

alpine101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Don't know. Annoyingly I've lost root at present so can't use Titanium to get my stuff back off the SD card.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5 and coolpad F1 8297w

can anyone else confirm the easy way to get this update coming from 2030?

Like to know as well, tried installing all variations of g300 voda roms and phone will not let it happen by dload method or from within CWM......

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Don't know. Annoyingly I've lost root at present so can't use Titanium to get my stuff back off the SD card.

You have to unlock the bootloader and root again. Check step 2 here:

http://www.modaco.co...300-b926hspa11/

alpine101

alpine101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

You have to unlock the bootloader and root again. Check step 2 here:

http://www.modaco.co...300-b926hspa11/

Yes, I did the original with Paul's method but I'll have a play with this after my dinner. Where do you suggest I upload the B936 zip file to? I haven't got any upload subs anywhere.

Edited by alpine101, 31 October 2012 - 05:35 PM.

BadarChaudhry

BadarChaudhry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
^^ use rapidshare...its better then most sites

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
895 just fails after 3 secs unpacking

Edited by b4da55, 31 October 2012 - 05:39 PM.

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

I heard that if you remove the vodafone apps you will stop getting OTA updates. I'm pretty sure it happened to me when I was on B892 too.

As far as I know, the update will fail if one of the Huawei or Vodafone provided apps is missing, but the update will be offered.

Edited by unaszplodrmann, 31 October 2012 - 05:38 PM.

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

alpine101

alpine101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

^^ use rapidshare...its better then most sites

I don't like the offer stuff you appear to have to sign up to to get free uploads!

Redflake

Redflake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Upload to Mediafire. Don't need to sign up to anything for free account.

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
I think the free version of mediafire only allows 200mb per file, so you would have to split it. Maybe solidfiles.com?

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Can someone copy it off their phone to a PC before updating their phone please?

alpine101

alpine101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Yes, I did the original with Paul's method but I'll have a play with this after my dinner. Where do you suggest I upload the B936 zip file to? I haven't got any upload subs anywhere.

Blown it. Used unlockbootloader, and indeed the phone was rooted OK, confimed by titanium. But then did the step to unlock the boot loader and now can't get any combination of buttons to start the phone.The update must have modded the boot loader...

Edited by alpine101, 31 October 2012 - 06:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users