UK Vodafone ICS - B936 released OTA !

Guest tcpaulh

Guest unaszplodrmann

I heard that if you remove the vodafone apps you will stop getting OTA updates. I'm pretty sure it happened to me when I was on B892 too.

As far as I know, the update will fail if one of the Huawei or Vodafone provided apps is missing, but the update will be offered.

Edited by unaszplodrmann

Guest alpine101

Yes, I did the original with Paul's method but I'll have a play with this after my dinner. Where do you suggest I upload the B936 zip file to? I haven't got any upload subs anywhere.

Blown it. Used unlockbootloader, and indeed the phone was rooted OK, confimed by titanium. But then did the step to unlock the boot loader and now can't get any combination of buttons to start the phone.The update must have modded the boot loader...

Edited by alpine101

Guest alpine101

which unlocker did you use, I think there are 2 for gb and ics boot loader. Did you try a battery pull?

The one downloaded from step 2 here:http://www.modaco.com/topic/355583-guide-how-to-install-and-root-ics-403-on-the-g300-b926hspa11/

which is said to be used after the ICS update. Which I had done...

Yes, battery pulled, I'll try leaving it out for some time but don't hold out much hope. I'm charging my little old Huawei... ICS was working fine until that last step. Just don't attempt to unlock the bootloader using that application, rooting's OK.

Edited by alpine101

Guest Davidoff59

Have you tried the force update method or will it not turn on at all? Could always return to vodafone, and say it broke updating to the latest ics which isn't really a lie.

Guest johnpeterman

I got the phone from UK but I don't live there.

I had B892 stock until today, when I downloaded B895 from the rapidshare link in this thread.

I've successfully updated via dload folder, then I immediately received the notification to update via OTA.

I downloaded the file and copied it to my pc.

Edited by johnpeterman

Guest johnpeterman

Can you recommend a host, please?

Also, I have a bit of a problem, my sd card has only 1GB, and I can't update because I don't have the required space.

Guest alpine101

Have you tried the force update method or will it not turn on at all? Could always return to vodafone, and say it broke updating to the latest ics which isn't really a lie.

It won't turn on at all, as you'd expect if they've modded the boot loader and that unlock application is now patching the wrong places in it...

Bought it from Tesco some months ago. Pity. it was a nice phone!

Edited by alpine101

Guest Davidoff59

You can copy the file to PC, take what you need off the SD card and wipe the rest. Apps are not transferred from gb to ics so take music, pics and videos off the SD card and wipe.

A gb app will generally force close if you try to reinstall a backup to ics.