100 replies to this topic

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

the custom rom developers can release updates every day if they want and there is no big deal, but they mostly release when a few things have been updated or a major bug has been reported and fixed.

Corporate businesses don't have this luxury, they would and do get a hard time when there are issues with software. they can either release buggy software or wait until it works, they are screwed by bitching consumers either way.

Put it this way, the consumer tech arms of firms like Huawei and Vodafone are unlikely to be making a financial loss. In terms of corporate business, that it is the bottom line; they are certainly not being screwed. From a developer's perspective, the story might be different, but does anyone doing software development for such firms really go into such a position expecting appreciative end users?

do all you bitchers and moaners think that Vodafone and HUAWEI have had this software available for a long time and are just sitting on it purposely to upset consumers.

Who knows why it was released later in the UK. If it wasn't partner software they were adding, maybe it was red tape.

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

top_score

top_score

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:g300
lmfao at calling Cyda a troll, you do realise they are a dev, think I can smell someone else being a troll.

Cymru am byth.

popoyaya

popoyaya

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade V, Galaxy S3
Well his behavior in this particular thread is pretty offensive, sanctimonious and yes trollish.

And TBH I haven't noticed any actual devving on his part for the G300, No offence!

Edited by popoyaya, 01 November 2012 - 01:22 AM.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

Well his behavior in this particular thread is pretty offensive, sanctimonious and yes trollish.

Huh? I ask anyone to re-read my posts in this thread and tell me how I am being offensive?

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Well, when you think someone is trolling, calling that someone a troll is only going to be met with pleasure, assuming that accusation is correct. :lol: Somehow, I doubt either cyda or popo are happy with the accusation.

The software should be the issue here. As I see it, yes, people like to moan, and yes, Vdafne and Huawei take the piss whenever they believe they are at liberty to do so - just like most faceless multinationals.

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

top_score

top_score

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I can see how it's hard to miss being on the first page and all.

[ ROM ] [ ICS] Stock + ROM
[ B 944 , Overclock kernel, Ad -
block host , MIUI Security -
Updated : 17 / 10 ]

by Cyda, one of only 2 roms I use, the other being infusion.

no reason I can see for using stock roms when either are better.

Cymru am byth.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

How does this look? It's not perfect. Modify and fire at will ;-)

http://pastebin.com/kHcjdDvc

Well you definitely aren't a lawyer. If I were you I'd go and see one and get this written up properly as, in it's current state, you'll just get laughed at by the courts and Vodafone. I'm not trying to be funny and I understand what you are trying to do.

A binding contract exists between us for a suitably specified Android smartphone with a reasonably functional release of ICS or higher. As this has not been forthcoming in a reasonable time I believe that there is a case for breach of contract and loss of bargain.

So where is this binding contract between you and Vodafone? When you did make the contract and which lawyers did you use to countersign the contract to make it binding?

Just so you know.. a message on a social network or a web page is not a binding contract or any form of contract. If Vodafone said they would fix problem X and failed then legally there isn't actually anything you can do.

Failure to supply a properly specified item or the cash equivalent to buy such an item on the open market will result in legal action. I will have no alternative than to serve an N1 claim on you for breach of contract and loss of bargain. This measure of damages is intended to place the injured party in the same situation, as far as money can do it, as if the contract had been performed Robinson -v- Harman(1848).

In

This is quite obviously a cut & paste job and the case you mention isn't applicable to this issue you have with Vodafone.

I assert my rights under Sale of Goods Act 1979, S51 - Damages for Non-delivery

Which applies to physical goods only. As you have a Huawei G300 in your possession which you purchased, the retailer - Vodafone whatever - has carried out it's duties to the letter of the law. The Sale of Goods Act has not been broken at all.

If you really really really want to take legal action then speak to a lawyer and get things done properly. Or speak to citizens advice. But honestly the best thing to do would be to sell your phone, buy another and don't purchase another Huawei product ever again. I won't.

Edit: BTW don't take this all the wrong way. I'm not having a go.. just if you are going to send a letter like this you absolutely must do it properly because any legal threats like these DO go to lawyers within the companies involved.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
It's my own work apart from legal definitions and it's a little sloppy. Certainly not good enough for a particulars of claim but ok for a warning shot across the bows. Contracts exist not only on paper but in any form of communication to which the parties have entered. Fitness for purpose is measured with the reasonable man test on the balance of probabilities taking into account anything relevant eg official communications, published articles promising features etc. Whether the software itself is fit for purpose bearing in mind promises made (which form part of the contract) is of course a matter for the courts to decide.

If it went to court, here's an example of the sort of work I'd have to put in https://docs.google....1c1MUJ0YzA/edit

A little spat I had with Microsoft a few years ago...

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

jordanclarke69

jordanclarke69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Pulse/G300
When I go to about phone:

firmware upgrade it says current version B892

update version B895

should I upgrade? and what would i be upgrading to?

Redflake

Redflake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

When I go to about phone:

firmware upgrade it says current version B892

update version B895

should I upgrade? and what would i be upgrading to?

Thats gingerbread with the Huawei backup app.
Once youv'e got B895 you'll be offered the ICS update.

jordanclarke69

jordanclarke69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Pulse/G300
cheers redflake!

Malthus

Malthus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

personally I'm extremely happy with my g300, I bought it on the strength of reviews that said you will not get a better phone for your money, I didn't buy it on what future firmware it may or may not have, at the time of purchase I was not given any promise of firmware updates or made aware of any future updates.

Actually, yes you were, you presumably just didn't notice. The G300 was released with a promise of ICS in a few months from day one.

if you wanted a phone that runs on ics or jb you should have bought a premium device, instead of buying a budget device running gb.

Nonsense. It's perfectly acceptable to accept a device to run ICS when it's clearly marketed in big, bold print as one of the selling points. In fact there were some people here posting initially thinking it actually came with ICS installed, as the Vodafone marketing was so prominent with the fact it was actually on Gingerbread with a promised ICS update only found in the small print.

Malthus

Malthus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Principles my dear Top_Score/Cyda

Exactly, why some people feel it's necessary to chastise people for standing up for their consumer rights and instead encouraging everyone to bend over and let Vodafone/Huawei shaft them instead is beyond me.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

Exactly, why some people feel it's necessary to chastise people for standing up for their consumer rights and instead encouraging everyone to bend over and let Vodafone/Huawei shaft them instead is beyond me.

I didn't chastise anyone. I merely said it was a lot of moaning for a £100 phone - end of. I'm not here to argue I was just stating how I felt, if you don't agree then fair enough.

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:Im a techy who tests phones to the max!!
  • Devices:Xperia SP

I didn't chastise anyone. I merely said it was a lot of moaning for a £100 phone - end of. I'm not here to argue I was just stating how I felt, if you don't agree then fair enough.

Cyda i think most users just feel frustrated that they didnt really get what they wanted....In terms of software though, i mean for a hundred quid the phone is brilliant

I was once a noob like you.... until i bricked my G300. ^_^
If i helped you or you just like my topic/post ,give me some rep with the green button

top_score

top_score

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
to be honest I bought my g300 from a Vodafone store in north Wales about 6 months ago, there was NOTHING in store suggesting that it was going to have ics, the advertising bumf on the display board stated it was running gb, with no mention at all of ics, when I questioned the staff about the phone one of the employees showed me his and said he was delighted with it. I mentioned that I would be putting cfw on it and he advised against it as it would invalidate my warentee.

I purchased another one about a month ago from Tesco, again it was clearly marked as running gb.
at no time did I see any reference to ics, no did staff in either store at the time of purchase even mention the word ics or even hint that there may be the slightest possibility of there being an update.

Cymru am byth.

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
My tuppence

The brouchore in mk where i live said the phone is running android 4.0!Not even coming soon. When questioned staff said it was on its way.

This 3moon ago

Magnets

Magnets

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

to be honest I bought my g300 from a Vodafone store in north Wales about 6 months ago, there was NOTHING in store suggesting that it was going to have ics, the advertising bumf on the display board stated it was running gb, with no mention at all of ics, when I questioned the staff about the phone one of the employees showed me his and said he was delighted with it. I mentioned that I would be putting cfw on it and he advised against it as it would invalidate my warentee.

I purchased another one about a month ago from Tesco, again it was clearly marked as running gb.
at no time did I see any reference to ics, no did staff in either store at the time of purchase even mention the word ics or even hint that there may be the slightest possibility of there being an update.

There was a scan of a Vodafone instore brochure showing the device will receive an ICS update. And the vodafone forum staff have also promised it since the spring (as have huawei via facebook).

edit: http://forum.vodafon...394/1/Proof.jpg

Edited by Magnets, 01 November 2012 - 09:10 PM.

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
I still have that book. Lol
When i questioned them though they argued over the wording.

Runs,not comes with...

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Android

Runs,not comes with...

Technically that's true, however it implies that the G300 not just runs Android 4.0, but it is also endorsed by Vodafone to run Android 4.0. Which is technically only true since today, and I would still argue with "run" - it feels more like "dragging along".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users