100 replies to this topic

Hoggonator

Hoggonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:G300
There is now an announcement on their Facebook Page with a link to the Vodafone forum telling you this is the official ICS upgrade

sonicprogress

sonicprogress

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:G300
text that came from Vodafone yesterday:

Great news! You can now update your phone software to Android Ice Cream Sandwich. First you'll need to update it to Gingerbread and then to Ice Cream Sandwich. For help visit www.vdfn.co/g300update (data charges may apply if viewed on a phone)

popoyaya

popoyaya

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade V, Galaxy S3

There is now an announcement on their Facebook Page with a link to the Vodafone forum telling you this is the official ICS upgrade

Exciting times! Thank you Vodafone for all the hard work. :)

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei
would someone download it and try to see if its any different.

ScutulatusCrotalus

ScutulatusCrotalus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

would someone download it and try to see if its any different.

It's the same as Vodafone NZ update. (please read first post in this topic)

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

It's the same as Vodafone NZ update. (please read first post in this topic)

oh okay, i am confused as people as saying different things, working not working etc.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5 and coolpad F1 8297w

oh okay, i am confused as people as saying different things, working not working etc.

Accept what tcpaulh says in the first post, but agree it is getting really confusing when you read the various other posts, is it B936 or B936f ?. Is it as first post suggest still rubbish or is it ok, if rubbish then it is probably not worth trying, I have a spare g300 so would try it myself but cannot get back to Vodafone GB to upgrade, guess we will have to wait for somebody to upload it to try it .

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Accept what tcpaulh says in the first post, but agree it is getting really confusing when you read the various other posts, is it B936 or B936f ?. Is it as first post suggest still rubbish or is it ok, if rubbish then it is probably not worth trying, I have a spare g300 so would try it myself but cannot get back to Vodafone GB to upgrade, guess we will have to wait for somebody to upload it to try it .

yes it would be nice to know for sure if its worth downgrading for.

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
I can say now. I was on 892. Got the upgrade to 895. Then notification that 936f was available so downloaded it. Its the same old Tosh. It only says 936 in settings and I'm fuming I wasted a day on it.
No point at all

Malthus

Malthus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

I didn't chastise anyone. I merely said it was a lot of moaning for a £100 phone - end of. I'm not here to argue I was just stating how I felt, if you don't agree then fair enough.

I'm not necessarily talking about you. Look at top_score's posts in this thread and you'll see why people are taking issue, it's unfortunate you probably got lumped in with him when your posts were much more reasonable.

top_score

top_score

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:g300
my posts were not unreasonable, I was never promised ics, I was told at the point of purchase it was running gb.

in hindsight it appears that people had different experiences, but I still stand by what I said.

promises mean nothing, you must be naïve and gullible if you think they mean something.

Cymru am byth.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
Promises mean something. Always. The money you carry in your pocket is no more than a promise. Relationships, social mores, accepted behaviour, law and order are all based on promises.

A promise is a contract.

Promises mean nothing? You're wrong. No offense. I just disagree fundamentally.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

top_score

top_score

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
that didn't come across right.

promises 'should' mean something, especially between friends and family.

I meant promises from businesses, corporations, government etc mean nothing, and by that I mean they are worthless and empty until they are delivered on.

I've still not seen any promises from either Vodafone or HUAWEI on ics, I have seen statements saying ics is coming, but that is still not a promise.

Cymru am byth.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
yes it is

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

top_score

top_score

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
issue is moot now anyways seeing as ics has been released.

we can however discuss if a crap ics release actually constitutes a release, as according to some people as far as promise goes an ics update has been released, pretty sure though no promises were made about it's functunality ;)

Cymru am byth.

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
They stated it would have full hw acceleration on ui. That is the only time i have seen huawei mention performance

Malthus

Malthus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

promises mean nothing, you must be naïve and gullible if you think they mean something.

I meant promises from businesses, corporations, government etc mean nothing, and by that I mean they are worthless and empty until they are delivered on.

I'm afraid you're completely wrong, not in any moral sense or anything, but factually wrong. There's a whole raft of different legislation that enforce the fact that promises by business entities have to be met or they face penalties for breaking them.

I've still not seen any promises from either Vodafone or HUAWEI on ics, I have seen statements saying ics is coming, but that is still not a promise.

Again, completely factually wrong. That is a "promise" as far as UK legislation is concerned.

Edited by Malthus, 03 November 2012 - 03:53 PM.

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7
Very low score I'd say.
Anyway if people don't encourage businesses to act on their promises and assurances then they will become worthless, which whilst it will disappoint those expecting them to meet them is more detrimental to the business as people will look elsewhere for another business that might. ie. those saying they feel let down and wouldn't buy huawei again and those looking now to the nexus 4.

top_score

top_score

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I am not factually wrong, how many times have government promised something then failed to deliver. if I could be bothered looking I would probably find that they have never been found in breech of contract.

how many video games have been advertised with a release date only to be delayed, when a deposit had been payed for a game and it fails to arrive on advertised date, how many people have sued for breech of contract and failed promises, and then refused to buy anything from that games maker. you're all a bunch of whining prepubescents that are all take.

the dates for ics were predicted release dates, unless they've got some kick ass crystal ball that let's them see into the future . if they release ics in 10 years time they will still have completed there promise, just not in a timely manner.

last can't believe your still bitching about a cheap ass budget mobile phone, get a frigging grip and go and buy an iPhone or galaxy s3 and you can play with yourselves till your palms blister over the latest firmware. people like all you moaning about this will never be happy, something will always be wrong.

now that's what I call an unreasonable post.

Cymru am byth.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
top_score I think you mean they are not to be relied upon :) Nevertheless they are promises and you said they weren't. That's the bit that's factually incorrect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users