[MOD] [4.0+] 4.2 Jelly Bean Camera App

Guest omegavesko

Guest omegavesko

Link: http://www.androidfi...135922294523605

Just flash the zip in recovery.

Working: Everything that works in the stock Camera app. Viewing Photo Spheres should work.

Not working: Panorama and Photo Sphere, this is ROM related and cannot be fixed yet. New - Photo editing does not work either.

This should also update your gallery with the ability to view Photo Spheres, though we can't actually make them (yet). Credit goes to Android Police, they pulled the APK from a system dump, which is how we have this now.

Note: Flashing this will also break panorama mode in Paranoid Android, which does support it (although it's laggy).

Edited by omegavesko

Guest omegavesko

Haha, I didn't really do much, other than testing it first. Just reposted Android Police's zip. =P

Edited by omegavesko

Guest omegavesko

I should add that it's installed alongside the stock app, so it doesn't replace it. Both will work, though I don't see why you would want to use the older app anymore.

For those that don't know what Photo Sphere is: It's basically like Panorama, except you can make a full 360 degree sphere around yourself, rather than a few photos stitched together horizontally. It seems to be implemented similarly, which is why it doesn't work, just like Panorama doesn't work for us right now.

Guest omegavesko

could you post a photo how does it look like? :) i mean the 360' stuff.

https://plus.google....569421458305522

Oh, and yeah, I've heard Panorama was fixed in PA recently. I'm on CM9 which was updated in September, so I can't comment on that.

@C3C0, when can we expect a new CM9 build with all the goodies from PA? I realize you can just set PA to phone-only mode, but I can't be arsed to set all my stuff up like it was.

Edited by omegavesko

There will be no cm9 build. Pa is basically cm9 and I find it redundant to maintain both of them. Pa can be forced to be exactly like cm9 simply by clicking one option button (enable/disable hybrid mode).

You could try to upgrade without wiping data. It should work.

Edited by C3C0

Guest omegavesko

There will be no cm9 build. Pa is basically cm9 and I find it redundant to maintain both of them. Pa can be forced to be exactly like cm9 simply by clicking one option button (enable/disable hybrid mode).

You could try to upgrade without wiping data. It should work.

Hm, that's actually not a bad idea. I'll do that, thanks.

Guest omegavesko

Without Photo Sphere and Panorama working this 4.2 Camera App Port is pretty much useless

I still quite like the new camera UI. And you should be able to view other peoples' photospheres using the new gallery app.

Guest omegavesko

Could anyone do a flashable zip replacing this cam/gallery with an ICS one? :)

For gingerbread or for Jelly Bean? I'm almost certain the ICS ones wouldn't work on anything under 4.0.

I mean, when I installed it on JB, the shortcut didnt even exist.

for me working alright was taking pictures and capturing video on ics. some say also panorama works, although it was giving fc to me.

Guest omegavesko

What's work right on cecos pa ics room? (only about this MOD ofc)

cumps :ph34r:

Pictures and video work fine on PA (which I'm using now). Panorama and photo sphere do not work.

Guest rangeoshun

Working: Everything that works in the stock Camera app. Viewing Photo Spheres should work.

Not working: Panorama and Photo Sphere, this is ROM related and cannot be fixed yet. New - Photo editing does not work either.

Important note! If you flash this, it will break panorama in stock camera app in C3CO's PA! It works if you let it in peace :)

So everybody should weight whether is it more important to be able to make panoramas (as it is laggy), or the shiny new feature like full screen preview, integrated gallery, etc...

Cheers!

Edited by rangeoshun

Guest omegavesko

Important note! If you flash this, it will break panorama in stock camera app in C3CO's PA! It works if you let it in peace :)

So everybody should weight whether is it more important to be able to make panoramas (as it is laggy), or the shiny new feature like full screen preview, integrated gallery, etc...

Cheers!

Ah, I noticed panorama stopped working in the stock app, but I wasn't sure if this was what broke it. Adding to the OP, thank you.