CyanogenMod 10 Nightlies now available for the LG Optimus 2X

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

If you, like me, are a LG Optimus 2X owner, you might be forgiven for thinking that you bought a device that's turned out to be one of the worst buys ever, lost in update hell. And you'd probably be right. But now, CyanogenMod has stepped up to the plate with CM10 Nightly support. JELLY BEAN!

Available immediately courtesy of all round Android genius Ricardo Cerqueira, the nightlies come with the usual disclaimers attached but in reality should be stable enough to use as a daily driver. Definitely a heck of a lot nicer than LG's most recent release which is STILL Gingerbread!

Head on over to the device page at CyanogenMod to download and let us know how you get on. I've flashed it and so far, so good... it looks great! :)

2xjb.png

Click here to view the item

Guest everett_psycho

I'm on the 31st October build. A few bugs but so far very stable, a lot better than I ever got cm7 to run and much better than lg's stock offerings. This will see me through the next 2 weeks until I invest in a replacement nexus 4 quite nicely, the biggest shame is its realised the potential of the o2x at the end of its life cycle

Will they ever manage to get hw acceleration and camera functions to work without cooperation from LG? I'm just so in love with Jelly bean on my Kindle Fire, and I would really like to have it on my LG O2X too...

Guest everett_psycho
Will they ever manage to get hw acceleration and camera functions to work without cooperation from LG? I'm just so in love with Jelly bean on my Kindle Fire, and I would really like to have it on my LG O2X too...

Hwa works on cm10 which is based on jellybean. In simple lg have delivered the source for the Korean o2x (su660) and RC has taken what was needed and put it in to cm10 on the p990. As I said its not perfect but it is running stable with hwa on mine

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.