Experience Nexus4 camera on g300

Guest igors_s

Guest igors_s

Androidcentral user dmmark has released the apk for nexus4 camera.

Tried it and it works on latest infusion (4.0.3 even though apk required 4.0.4)

Short instructions:

Post1. put the .apk into system/app using root explorer (I use ESExplorer). make sure the permissions are set to RW-R-R

Post3. put this files and this file into system/lib, set permissions to RW-R-R

Also put this file into system/app. same permissions

Reboot.

To get the the camera, I had to go via the gallery. (btw, this gallery is better as it integrates with googlephotos).

Give it a go. it's pretty sweet

Guest TangerineTractor

It is excellent! Just installed the flashable zip through cwm via the link on the first post. Adds a camera icon in the app drawer too. Panorama working!!!

It is excellent! Just installed the flashable zip through cwm via the link on the first post. Adds a camera icon in the app drawer too. Panorama working!!!

could you upload the flashable zip, how does it compare to b944 version?

Guest TangerineTractor

The post on Androidcentral specifically asks people not to mirror it, so it would be rude to do so. It only takes 2 mins to register there.

I didn't like the stock camera before, I always installed ICS Camera +, which I found much better as it had on screen slide zoon... the nexus camera has pinch to zoom, panorama, and is nice and fast, along with an enhanced gallery app too.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest ChrisPNE

Who needs a Nexus 4 when you can fill your micro SD full of panoramic photos? :P

Perhaps you can treat us to a beautiful panorama of Gloomfield?

Guest jonnice

Can anyone get photosphere to work? I flashed the zip, and all is well, but the alignment dot is too slow? Could it be to do with the lack of gyro? I was under the impression that the G300 had a gyroscope, but Elixir says not...

I get force close when I try to edit pictures. and sphere mode is useless

Same problems with me, running B02

The reason youre getting these problems is because those features don't have the permissions or app to run them properly and not all the features are going to work properly as its not even meant for our devices capabilities.

Redflake,how did you flash the jelly bean keyboard. it not working for me i tried flashing it in cwm but it would not install it
installed for me, but you wouldn't know it. The option for gestures is there but they don't show.

Guest MickJack

Cool. I've been looking for a new camera app. I'll check this out, thanks.

Flashed the camera zip on your Stock+ 944 rom Cyda, not getting anywhere/anything. If you get it working would be needing a few tips - thanks

Guest TangerineTractor

Who needs a Nexus 4 when you can fill your micro SD full of panoramic photos? :P

Perhaps you can treat us to a beautiful panorama of Gloomfield?

What, one full of football supporters? I can try for you. I suppose it's easier to get one of Deepdale. Just take a photo of an empty seat and copy and paste it ten thousand times.

Guest TangerineTractor

Flashed the camera zip on your Stock+ 944 rom Cyda, not getting anywhere/anything. If you get it working would be needing a few tips - thanks

That's exactly what I did, and it worked first time. Having said that, I had already uninstalled the stock camera using ROM Toolbox, as I never used it - maybe try that first.

is it normal that it takes 5-10 seconds until i can take a new picture?(if i take the first pictur then 10 sec and the other up to 5 sec)

Edited by Curlie

Guest igors_s

That's exactly what I did, and it worked first time. Having said that, I had already uninstalled the stock camera using ROM Toolbox, as I never used it - maybe try that first.

I get the same issue. Camera hangs for abit when saving.

Guest TangerineTractor

just tried again, and yes it's slow between shots.

however I just reinstalled camera ics and its really quick, and now has panorama mode! and the new gallery is working fine, so I'm happy with that combination...

Guest MickJack

Just tried, uninstalled camera, flashed again but no show after reboot, removed stock gallery (rom toolbox again), flashed again, reboot but still seems to be shy........ would be nice to play with but I don't need it. Thanks for the advice.

Guest peterck

ok i have installed the nexus 4 camera it's great and i have installed the android 4.2 keyboard but i can't use the swype feature and i can't uses this feature:

44086d1351700475t-jelly-bean-4-2-camera-uploadfromtaptalk1351700473673.jpg

Edited by peterck