• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

elnoelio

elnoelio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300
Does anyone know if this downgrade will work for Vodafone Ireland too? Currently on b936 and its terrible here.

Edited by elnoelio, 15 November 2012 - 08:27 PM.

andy.hyde4

andy.hyde4

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Nexus 5
can i just ask does this method work for downgrading from b926 to gingerbread?

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

can i just ask does this method work for downgrading from b926 to gingerbread?

Not for me.i had imei backup from B892 so zero.flash restore worked ok

dneill2006

dneill2006

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Does the HUAWEI downgrade tool "Downgrade from ICS to GB for Vodafone (U8815)" work if using a custom ROM based on B944?

Or would I have to flash stock ICS ROM then downgrade?

Aradalienz

Aradalienz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Devices:Huawei 8815 G300
It doesnt work the middle package will fail unless your on official stock b936

Edited by Aradalienz, 20 November 2012 - 05:10 PM.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Can someone mirror the file in second post? Tried over 10 times to download and its slow as sin and fails after different periods of time?

Maybe I need a download manager?

Aradalienz

Aradalienz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Devices:Huawei 8815 G300
Heres a mirror select the middle option for free download http://www.ulozto.cz...-28u8815-29-zip

Edited by Aradalienz, 21 November 2012 - 08:54 PM.

Androidfangirl

Androidfangirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Huawei ascend g300

Edited by Androidfangirl, 28 November 2012 - 03:31 AM.

Androidfangirl

Androidfangirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Huawei ascend g300

Edited by Androidfangirl, 28 November 2012 - 03:29 AM.

DaisyGrubber

DaisyGrubber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I've downloaded this file from the Polish mirror site, but the pdf says I must have software version U8815V100R001C02B936 or software version U8815V100R001C02B937. I have version U8815V100R001C02B952. Is there anything I can do? Help! I can't stand ICS any longer!

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Praise the lord its possible to downgrade! ICS on this G300 is driving me mental!

Griff86

Griff86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can't WAIT to get Gingerbread back! I've had the problems listed above but it's also just the little things. For example, example, why did they get rid of the bubble style text in sms? It looked nicer and was easier to see who was who, now it's just bland white boxes joined together so unless there's a picture of your friend you have to read back through the thread to make sense of the conversation. I remember the phonebook being a lot easier to navigate and edit etc, with this I end up accidently ringing people. The Homepage, you used to be able to scroll through that 360 degrees, now, when you get to one end you have to go all the way back to the other end. These might seem like minor problems but they shouldn't have been problems in the first place. If anyone from Google or Huawei's reading this remember, "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Griff86

Griff86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I've downloaded this file from the Polish mirror site, but the pdf says I must have software version U8815V100R001C02B936 or software version U8815V100R001C02B937. I have version U8815V100R001C02B952. Is there anything I can do? Help! I can't stand ICS any longer!

Damn, me too! can anyone help?

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero

Damn, me too! can anyone help?

Someone mentioned a method in one of my posts. I'll see if I can find it.

http://www.modaco.co...with-downloads/

Section 6.

Edited by billpine, 13 January 2013 - 12:57 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

Does anyone know if this downgrade will work for Vodafone Ireland too? Currently on b936 and its terrible here.

I presume that it would but you might need to configure the APN for VF Ireland (manually or via Tweakker App for example).
However I'd like to know for sure too as I have a VF Ireland handset although now unlocked and on another network...

kerrit

kerrit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Huawei
Hi, I have U8815V100R001C185B935 version can I still downgrade my phone? and do I need to root my phone first? Please help me im noob on this, its first android I have and I dont want ISC on my phone.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
If you can get to B936/7 then you can probably use this:

http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDY4ODE=

Does your carrier offer an upgrade to B936/7? If not then I'm not sure if you can just download it here and do it...

http://www.modaco.co...0322-need-b936/

Hope this helps.

kerrit

kerrit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Thanks, but I dont know how to use these packs, do I need to root my phone? and no, it doesnt ask me upgrade my phone. I really need help, if there is anyone who has time and wants to help me, thanks or I can download somewhere b936 update from internet and then downgrade mobile? can someone send trusted links and help?:)

Edited by kerrit, 23 January 2013 - 02:11 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
As far as I know ... if you get a "repack" version of a stock ROM then it's in a zip format suitable for use with CWM (ClockWorkMod) recovery. I can't remember but I think you do have to root to install and use CWM. So if you don't want to do that then you probably need to get an original version which should be a zip file that you unzip and then copy the dload/update.app (or something like that) to the root of your sdcard. Then you reboot into the stock recovery which should automatically find and install the update. (Make sure your battery is well charged to avoid losing power while flashing a ROM). Again I can't recall offhand the key combination to boot into stock recovery (power + volume up maybe) but the info should be available elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Edit: The link in this post

http://www.modaco.co...6/#entry2077288

is to the original B936 for Vodafone UK. The download is safe and when you unzip it there are instructions included. I reckon that you can try that and then use the previously mentioned official Huawei ICS to GB downgrade procedure. The B936 update and Huawei ICS to GB downgrade do not need root or anything "special" like CWM. However not having done this myself I can't say this with 100% confidence that it will work so caveat emptor. :)

Edited by dalyer, 23 January 2013 - 04:15 PM.

kerrit

kerrit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Thanks for trying to help, that CMW recovery looks very difficult, I need to root phone to use this, yes? And sadly I cant use that B936 for Vodafone Uk thing, because I dont have right version to upgrade my phone to that. I hope you understood what I sayd :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users