76 replies to this topic

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W
Fair enough if you don't want to root, CWM etc. Not everybody wants to hack their phone like that. :)
Are you saying that you tried the B936 update that I linked to above but it failed?
Sorry - just read the upgrade notes for thet update and I see that B935 is not listed as one of the versions that can be upgraded with the B936 update.

Edited by dalyer, 24 January 2013 - 10:07 AM.

kerrit

kerrit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Huawei
I would root the phone to downgrade the mobile back ofcourse, but Im not good at that, if I make a mistake istalling CWM then my mobile can mess up or smth like that? and I dont know where to start with this:D

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
If the following is not possible - and maybe somebody else can comment as I am not sure...

(1) Upgrade your B935 to B936 using the stock B936 even though the upgrade guide does not list B935 as being supported...

http://www.modaco.co...6/#entry2077288

(2) Use the Huawei official ICS to GB downgrade procedure to go from B936 to B895 (assuming it can't go from B935 to B895)

then perhaps you can root, install CWM and install the CWM repack zip of B936:

http://www.modaco.co...ta-release-rom/

and THEN do (2) above?

How to root and install CWM is covered in detail elsewhere - e.g. here:

http://www.modaco.co...date-root-more/

In some cases specific ROMs may require a specific version of CWM so check this if in doubt.

If none of the above works then the only other option seems to be this downgrade route but it seems complicated and possibly risky:

http://www.modaco.co...with-downloads/

Hope this helps. Maybe somebody with more hands on experience of this stuff than me can comment.

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
For those who haven't yet tried, downgrading from the B936 repack to official B895 doesn't work. Pick progress bar stalls at about a quarter. :unsure:

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
Thanks - I wasn't aware of that. I'll update my post above to avoid confusion so. Did you experience this? And get past it?
I guess the key question for kerrit is can the Huawei Vodafone UK B936 just be installed over B935 (even though it is not explicitly listed in the documentation as one that can be upgraded) in order to then use the Huawei ICS (B936/7) to GB (B895) downgrade?
I'm assuming that B935 to B895 is not feasible.
And I'm not sure what's the worst case scenario if you try B935 -> B936 and if fails? Bricked?

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Afraid so :(

Middle Package didn't load properly and the update it's self didn't load. Someone here said it's because I have taken the zip route rather than the official method. The only other way around it as I see it to find a zip GB, flash the phone then write the IMEI back to it with one of the tools knocking around here and XDA. I plan on doing this tomorrow :wacko:

Edited by billpine, 25 January 2013 - 12:34 AM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
Bummer! :( Good luck with getting it back working. :)

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:G300, G630
I just downgraded from B952 back to B895 yesterday. The only working route was as follows:
- zero imei (already had an imei backup)
- middle package
- flash B882
- root, cwm
- restore imei
- flash B892
- upgrade to B895
- root, cwm

That returned the phone to out-of-the-box state.

Good luck!

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

I just downgraded from B952 back to B895 yesterday. The only working route was as follows:
- middle package
- flash B882
- root, cwm
- restore imei
- flash B892
- upgrade to B895
- root, cwm

Good luck!

I'm such a newbie!! What didn't I do when I went back to B882.... ROOT!! That's why IMEI didn't restore with 5irom :blush:

I'll get my coat...

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
Hehe, also I thought it was restore imei before installing cwm as it uses stock recovery to do some wipes or something when restoring.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

kerrit

kerrit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Huawei
Thanks for helping me guys, Ill try when i have time that rooting thing. Im noob with that and dont know what Imei even means:D it takes me long time to do that and I have a lot to learn about that. Wish me good luck and suggest good links for rooting, CWM and all other stuff what I need to go back to GB :)

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Aaaaaahhhhhhh BALLS!!!!! :angry: there's always something to mess things up. Not only has the IMEI gone south but so has the bandbase.

I suspect this is the reason why I can't restore my IMEI. Anyone know how to flash a 2.3.6 bandbase?

Much thanks

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
flash a stock B882 or B892 and you'll get baseband 109808.

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Is there a stock zip of B892 knocking about? The only one I can find is a dload job..

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
You can't flash it in cwm, you must use the official stock dload. See post #48.

dave215

dave215

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry to ask, but i have been trying to downgrade from the official 952 ICS but the IMEI process doesnt seem to work as even though I back up Imei code and delete from phone, when i put on new code it fails to reset to zero and remains the same. Is this something I am doing wrong or is it as I have an original rom. If this is the case could I simply add a modifiued 952 rom then would I be able to downgrade from the non original rom.

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Indeed, sometimes it doesn't SEEM to work. sometimes it shows your old imei until you wipe data & cache.
From what i've seen, middle package won't flash if yout imei is not zero. So, even if your phone shows an imei other than zero after your attempt to make it zero, try to flash middle package. If that succeeds, you may proceed to flash B882/B892. If it fails, reboot normally and try again to zero imei.

Hope this helps.

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

- middle package
- flash B882
- root, cwm
- restore imei
- flash B892
- upgrade to B895
- root, cwm

Good luck!

How did you zero your IMEI?

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I used 5iromtoolbox. For more info see http://www.modaco.co...-with-downloads

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
FINALLY down to B895!

Dave, follow this to the letter. Worked for my phone and the other half's

https://docs.google....heRMLrd1A/edit#

Use the link at the bottom of the page for the firmware and other bits you'll need.

Edited by billpine, 28 January 2013 - 11:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users