StaBILished[CM10 FUSION]

Guest josalaito

Guest Malthus

If josalaito can get out a stable version of CM10 first then good for him, he's entitled to do so, that doesn't detract from the work of others either of course. You can't have it both ways and respond to people asking for ETA's or the status of progress with things like "don't expect anything" or "don't ask the developers for estimates", etc. and then also get petulant when someone else decides to finish it instead (although I still think Daz will have a stable release out first, to be honest).

Guest Dazzozo

I lold

*headdesk*

If josalaito can get out a stable version of CM10 first then good for him, he's entitled to do so, that doesn't detract from the work of others either of course. You can't have it both ways and respond to people asking for ETA's or the status of progress with things like "don't expect anything" or "don't ask the developers for estimates", etc. and then also get petulant when someone else decides to finish it instead (although I still think Daz will have a stable release out first, to be honest).

Please stop.

Guest wrtease

well good luck on getting it working at least you have the rom and can only get better ,some here will get a taste of whats coming with jb ,good luck .im all for new roms .

Guest Fagulhas

I'm not saying anything unreasonable, Daz. If you didn't want to discuss it you shouldn't have brought it up.

I'm sorry to say so but you are.. "Doing" CM 10 or even any rom based on AOSP/whatever you want it to be based from isn't achieved by copy and pasting files from others roms and their corresponding zip files. This isn't a simple puzzle game where we pick up the correct files and make the device work.

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

I'm sorry to say so but you are.. "Doing" CM 10 or even any rom based on AOSP/whatever you want it to be based from isn't achieved by copy and pasting files from others roms and their corresponding zip files. This isn't a simple puzzle game where we pick up the correct files and make the device work.

I would say that "creation of CM10 for specific device" is kinda puzzle game, except one thing - it's puzzling, "bending" and rewriting source code to make it work. If Huawei provides GNU/Linux kernel, if Cyanogenmod provides source codes to linux and android base on top of the linux kernel, where is Daz? He's just puzzling, rewriting, making it compatible. It's not about bringing new functionality (even if this work consists of writing a new code that makes things compatible), it's about to make things work.

I know what kind of work it is and it's not easy. It's nothing to be grateful for - mainly no documentation, messy source code, a lots of time spent just trying and debugging.

I love you Daz, I really do. For making CM10 for G300 with love and patience.

Guest Malthus

Kind of is actually. But I was talking more about the ethics than the technical feasibility. I still expect Daz's efforts to be the most complete CM10 and first "finished" release, but if someone else wants to take his work and have a go at getting it done faster then they're perfectly entitled to do so without being sneered down at for it.

Guest unaszplodrmann

but if someone else wants to take his work and have a go at getting it done faster then they're perfectly entitled to do so without being sneered down at for it.

By the same token, others are perfectly entitled to exhibit frustration when someone tries to advance another's work without reciprocation.

Take it easy.

Guest Fagulhas

Kind of is actually. But I was talking more about the ethics than the technical feasibility. I still expect Daz's efforts to be the most complete CM10 and first "finished" release, but if someone else wants to take his work and have a go at getting it done faster then they're perfectly entitled to do so without being sneered down at for it.

By the same token, others are perfectly entitled to exhibit frustration when someone tries to advance another's work without reciprocation.

Take it easy.

Its not taking anyone's work, in fact the only thing done on this "rom" was unpacking the early cm10 alpha zip file from dazz, the latest shendu zip and shift a couple of files around and tadaaa.

This is just one more reason to keep the work private until its fully ready for a release.

I would say that "creation of CM10 for specific device" is kinda puzzle game, except one thing - it's puzzling, "bending" and rewriting source code to make it work. If Huawei provides GNU/Linux kernel, if Cyanogenmod provides source codes to linux and android base on top of the linux kernel, where is Daz? He's just puzzling, rewriting, making it compatible. It's not about bringing new functionality (even if this work consists of writing a new code that makes things compatible), it's about to make things work.

I know what kind of work it is and it's not easy. It's nothing to be grateful for - mainly no documentation, messy source code, a lots of time spent just trying and debugging.

I love you Daz, I really do. For making CM10 for G300 with love and patience.

Trust me, i know what it is, i'm working with him with the "puzzling" if you want to call it that.

Guest Malthus

Eh?

Its not taking anyone's work

in fact the only thing done on this "rom" was unpacking the early cm10 alpha zip file from dazz, the latest shendu zip and shift a couple of files around and tadaaa.

That's what I mean by taking someone else's work. I think you misunderstood that part. I'm aware of what this ROM is, I just don't see any problem with it. If he can put together something there's a demand for then he's providing a useful service. If you take issue with it because it's borrowing from you or Daz's efforts, even though he's giving credit in his opening post, then you're just being childish and selfish, especially considering Daz's CM10 is in turn a derivative of the work of others anyway. It's not like Daz has coded CM10 or Android from scratch himself.

So is this just Daz's cm10 with a different camera? can't test it myself

And a different keyboard... don't forget the keyboard!

I'm sorry (and I will probably get flamed again for speaking my mind) but this rom is a joke. Daz has every right to be pissed off. Not cool.

And a different keyboard... don't forget the keyboard!

I'm sorry (and I will probably get flamed again for speaking my mind) but this rom is a joke. Daz has every right to be pissed off. Not cool.

yh the KEYBOARD lol

Guest Fagulhas

Eh?

That's what I mean by taking someone else's work. I think you misunderstood that part. I'm aware of what this ROM is, I just don't see any problem with it. If he can put together something there's a demand for then he's providing a useful service. If you take issue with it because it's borrowing from you or Daz's efforts, even though he's giving credit in his opening post, then you're just being childish and selfish, especially considering Daz's CM10 is in turn a derivative of the work of others anyway. It's not like Daz has coded CM10 or Android from scratch himself.

There's no point in continuing this debacle when my and your definition of taking someone's else work, what its needed to make CM work, how to add support for a device, is different.

Its your view of the matter, so be it, mine is different ;)

Guest unaszplodrmann

Its not taking anyone's work, in fact the only thing done on this "rom" was unpacking the early cm10 alpha zip file from dazz, the latest shendu zip and shift a couple of files around and tadaaa.

OK, so maybe 'advance' was a little too generous :P