StaBILished[CM10 FUSION]

Guest josalaito

Guest John Mills

It is an interesting point of view that some of you have, what is the specifics that anyone can object to with this release? Cyanogen Mod is open source, the release Daz made was not closed. If the author wants to repackage the release then more power to him. Any of the ROM developers on this forum are in essence 'standing on the shoulder of giants' and there is nothing wrong with what has been done. Credit has been given where it is deserved. Any body with the ability is able to make a release of Cyanogen mod, it is not exclusive to one developer or another.

Until Daz releases the version he is working on publicly then this is probably the best version of Cyanogen mod 10 that you can get for the G300. The author has stated that he is willing to try and fix the issues that still exist with this and that can only be a good thing. This isn't about 'glory' for any ROM developer it is about the practicalities of releasing a ROM that meets the needs of the audience it is intended for.

When a 'better' ROM is released then people will switch, that is how it has always been. Competition is good and moves the scene forward. The expectations for a new release by Daz has just been built up wildly be the people on these forums. Maybe it will be awesome, even the second coming, except we don't know because there is nothing out there publicly available to try. Until the time when there is then don't knock this author for trying to provide a better ROM, and at least give people an opportunity to use Cyanogen mod 10 with a semblance of completeness.

And a different keyboard... don't forget the keyboard!

I'm sorry (and I will probably get flamed again for speaking my mind) but this rom is a joke. Daz has every right to be pissed off. Not cool.

i agree, and would feel the same to be honest

he should of at least asked for permission first... or compiled it him self

Guest John Mills

You might not like it, but the fact remains you do not need to ask permission to make a release or remix of an 'open source' ROM. Perhaps the author doesn't have the original source code to compile from? The author is just trying to make a release he feels makes a positive benefit to the community here. That can only be good.

You might not like it, but the fact remains you do not need to ask permission to make a release or remix of an 'open source' ROM. Perhaps the author doesn't have the original source code to compile from? The author is just trying to make a release he feels makes a positive benefit to the community here. That can only be good.

i understand what your saying...

but until "you" or "anyone else" has spent months developing a rom,

and then have someone re-package it with minimal changes that probably took a couple of hours...

then re-upload it on the same forum, you wont know how it feels... or see it from a developers point of view

Guest ChrisPNE

i understand what your saying...

but until "you" or "anyone else" has spent months developing a rom, and then have someone re-package it with minimal changes that probably took a couple of hours...

then re-upload it on the same forum, you wont know how it feels... or see it from a developers point of view

It must be annoying but nobody is going to look at them in the same light as someone who actually developed the ROM in the first place.

This happened all the time in the HTC Wildfire section on XDA-Devs but people didn't even credit the original work.

Guest hippy dave

hesitant to even bother expressing an opinion on something that people are clearly so passionately divided about, but...

credit was given where it was due, and it's just an effort to cobble together a useable jellybean rom, as there hasn't quite been one made available yet. whether this is one, i don't know, but it's there for people to try if they want to. nobody's expecting anyone to say "well let's forget about what daz is working on and use this instead", it's more about "well let's see if this is good enough to keep us going while we wait for daz to complete the full works".

no harm, no foul.

The point is being missed here. This isn't a fixable ROM in the usual sense. It isn't possible to copy and paste bits from other roms to get it working.

That appears to be what the author thinks. He's adding and taking away from a ground up Dev build, thinking he's going to fix it, when there isn't a hope in hell with the method he says he's using.

That's the issue the development team have with this. Reports of faults are a joke... They've been fixed, and refixed many times now, and we're actually close to a release. I'm sure the devs will be happy then for others to cook the roms how hey please.

The devs have invited the author to help with the actual work on this build if he wants (see above). It certainly wont involve copying in bits from incompatible roms, or adding/ removing apk's at will.

Edited by fr0do

Guest peterck

Can't watch YouTube videos on this rom, it just a reboot everytime i press play to watch the videos and I can't change the memory storage Default to my SD card, but overall this a good ROM.

Edited by peterck