- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

anderer

anderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I decided to stop my hunt for upgrades recently. As much as I love the look of Jellybean, I realized: what good is smartphone if it only works half-way? I'll keep my Blade to CM7 / Swedish Snow RLS 7. It really seems the old ZTE Blade comes to an end at this version. I also prefer the CM7/SS7 to the Eco/MokeeOS releases, since the latter ones are restricted to 1 language only or contain untranslated remnants.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

I also prefer the CM7/SS7 to the Eco/MokeeOS releases, since the latter ones are restricted to 1 language only or contain untranslated remnants.

Well, the Eco Cm7 build is just the latest cm7 with some tweaks and a patch for mms. So, it is a little bit more updated than the latest stable cm7.2, with all languages and all translations ever done to cm7 repo so far.. :)

anderer

anderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, the thing about MMS is interesting, didn't think about it. About the languages - this isn't true: I have seen mixed languages on my display with the Eco build while the Swedish Snow 7 had everything translated. E.g. instead of german it was partly english. It's not that I wouldn't understand it, but as I am considering giving the phone away to people who only know german this is a no-go.

While thinking about it, maybe this language mixture happened on Launcher Pro / its menus only (I am not 100%, but this actually would make sense). The rest of the menus seemed to be translated.

Edited by anderer, 03 December 2012 - 07:55 PM.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Yes, the thing about MMS is interesting, didn't think about it. About the languages - this isn't true: I have seen mixed languages on my display with the Eco build while the Swedish Snow 7 had everything translated. E.g. instead of german it was partly english. It's not that I wouldn't understand it, but as I am considering giving the phone away to people who only know german this is a no-go.

While thinking about it, maybe this language mixture happened on Launcher Pro / its menus only (I am not 100%, but this actually would make sense). The rest of the menus seemed to be translated.

Yes, the Launcher Pro is not translated since the code is not open-source nor public. The rest is cm7 as I told you already..
But if Launcher Pro translations are a no-go, you can install the ADW Launcher from the Eco cm7 first post (which will also remove LauncherPro from /system/app) or you can install another launcher from Google Play.
And if you find untranslated german (besides LauncherPro) you can always translate it yourself and submit your patches to cyanogenmod gerrit review.

Edited by jventura, 03 December 2012 - 09:18 PM.

andre_wj

andre_wj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade/RBM One
Hi,
recently i think about installing new rom to my RBM One (rebull's version of european zte) and I can't decide which one to install. I think about:
- CM7.2 (latest nightly)
- CM10 - Konstat's version,
- CM 9 - also by Konstat.

Yeah, I know that on CM7.2 everything works etc, and is most stable rom, but i like the way that ICS and JB look. I've never used neither tethering (wifi or usb) nor FM Radio, and I don't play games on my phone, but I use camera often and listen to the music a lot. Which one would be the best (especially from CM9 and 10- in the case of stability and speed.

Edited by andre_wj, 12 December 2012 - 05:17 PM.

jackal-sk

jackal-sk

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Try both and decide for yourself :) The best bet would be 7.2 vs CM10.

CURRENT: ZTE Grand X IN
PAST: Palm m500, m505, Zire 71, Zire 72, Mio P500, Samsung Omnia II, HTC Wildfire/Buzz, ZTE Blade

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

Try both and decide for yourself :) The best bet would be 7.2 vs CM10.

OR CM9, which is pretty much the sweet spot when it comes to our phones, it's fast enough, has all the bells and whistles and it requires less memory.

I'd say that CM9 (4.0.4) was the last known good system for a 512 device which explains why so many new 512MB devices are delivered with it or has it as the last and final update.

This isn't to say that CM10 won't run just fine, it will run just fine, you'll just have less room for multitasking and while you may think you're not doing that, if you're running anything beyond the launcher you are multitasking.

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

I decided to stop my hunt for upgrades recently. As much as I love the look of Jellybean, I realized: what good is smartphone if it only works half-way? I'll keep my Blade to CM7 / Swedish Snow RLS 7. It really seems the old ZTE Blade comes to an end at this version. I also prefer the CM7/SS7 to the Eco/MokeeOS releases, since the latter ones are restricted to 1 language only or contain untranslated remnants.

Mokee is awesome, you cannot have a faster, slicker or better OS installed on your phone..

That said, try KonstaT's ICS version, install it on a multiboot install at the very least, there are probably apps you use that will run much better on it than Mokee and if there are not, just choose option 5 in the script and delete it from your sdcard.

JMS74

JMS74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (Sapo A5)

Yeah, the interface is smoother but GB is faster on running apps and there is no opinion to be had on this fact.

Battery life is better on proper GB's too, mainly because it is better on RTI for obvious reasons and also because it's code is not a hacked together almost working version of what was never meant to be run on the ARM6.

Try this, install Mokee and use the kernel i posted in that thread, you'll have better performance in the interface and in ALL apps than in ICS and you will have battery life up to three times as good, this isn't a coincidence, it was made with sparse memory in mind and it is faster than all other ROM's out there in every instance because of it.

Can you put a link to that kernel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users