Did I break my phone?

Guest fuzzyy

Hey everyone, I have been on a bicycle tour for over a month now. I have cycled from India to Nepal without a problem using my Huawei Ascend g300. It is an excellent phone and the battery does last for a long time so I never had any problem. Before I set off on my journey I changed my 2.something to 4.0.3 with vodaphone welcome screen. Now I am cycling in England and I was doing fine until yesterday when I got my phone wet and then it went off. I then stopped at the nearest pub to get it dry, but then after a while I put my battery in and turned it on. It turns on just fine but hangs up after showing the vodaphone sign. So what should I do? I love my phone it is the only thing I carry for communication so I really rely on it. Can anyone please help me fix my phone? Cheers

Guest Davidoff59

I would reflash the same rom. Do a search for forced update as the update.app is prob still in the correct location.

If I recall, pull battery, reinsert after a minute then power on, volume up and volume down all at the same time to force update.

Please verify before doing it but pretty sure thats it.

You used the official update right?

I would reflash the same rom. Do a search for forced update as the update.app is prob still in the correct location.

If I recall, pull battery, reinsert after a minute then power on, volume up and volume down all at the same time to force update.

Please verify before doing it but pretty sure thats it.

You used the official update right?

When I do that the whole screen goes pink and nothing happens after that. Please advise what to do next? Cheers

Guys I am really stuck here? I backed up the data and then wiped all the stuff to bring it back to factory settings but even that didnt help. Can someone please advise me on what to do? Thanks

Guest Hogweed

You could try a forced downgrade back to GB B895 with http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDY4ODE=

If it got wet you may have a hardware fault though.

A pink screen on Power + Vol up and down normally indicates a valid update.app was not found in the dload folder on the SD card..

Btw, do you have CWM Recovery on the phone? If so you can reflash an ICS ROM with it.-

Edited by Hogweed