Massive .thumbdata files in the /sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails folder

Guest inamesh

Guest inamesh

Hi folks,

A few days ago I was surprised to see my "internal" sdcard space filling up, and found two files in the .thumbnails folder under /mnt/sdcard totaling 1.2 GB!

I deleted them immediately but today again there is an 800 MB file there.

I could go on deleting these files, but surely this is a major bug? A quick Google search reveals that this is not just a G300 issue. Does anyone know anything about this? Any solution?

Thanks!

Guest Rattonboy

I have the same problem I think it is the super video app that came with s3 rom, you have to change the settings in the app to disable thumbnail caching.

Guest raverrr

I have the same problem I think it is the super video app that came with s3 rom, you have to change the settings in the app to disable thumbnail caching.

I had the same problem but i don't use that app. now using infusion and haven't had a repeat performance... making me paranoid now tho I'm going to double check lol

Guest bladebuddy

Are you running ,or does the rom run an add free blocking app as that can store a large number of thumb nails on the SD card and after deleting them they reappear.

Guest inamesh

Definitely not that. I have neither the S3 ROM nor the Super video app

Are you running ,or does the rom run an add free blocking app as that can store a large number of thumb nails on the SD card and after deleting them they reappear.

Nope, no ad blocking app either.

When I get the time I'm going to run all my apps one-by-one and see which one is doing this.

I'll report back here with any updates

• 1 month later...