Lockscreen Pattern - How to change icons?

Guest unidentified

Guest unidentified

I am on Vodafone factory ROM, right now I don't really want to flash it with anything else.

I am rooted so if any mods can be made that way that will do... or if there is an app that can do what I want, also good.

I use an unlock pattern (using dots) to unlock the handset.

The main thing that annoys me is the colour of the dots - purple by default.

I want to change the colour of the dots to white and am guessing it is probably only a matter of editing a .png file somewhere within the filesystem, but where is that .png file located and how do I access it? Are there hidden files within the filesystem?

(Remember I am already rooted but I am wondering if there are some files that I still cannot see)

Or is there some method to change these dots to different icons using adb?

Edited by unidentified

Guest hippy dave

from what i've gathered in other rom discussion threads, things like image files can be found inside particular .apk files. which one you need to look in for this, i don't know, but if there's anything with lockscreen in the name it might be a good start :)

i would look in framework-res.apk, since this is definitely part of system and pin unlock was located there, but i am definitely not sure, if it will be just about editing png file(btw dont forget that .png is not the same like .9.png :D), i think you will need to decompile it and do some xml editing..but this is just my opinion and definitely can be wrong ;)