• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Interests:Android
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
  • Devices:OneX Samsung S3 LTE Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@rickywyatt1982
it's a new phone as I sent my partner to the shop and thay sent be a new the next day the women she rang at the shop said thay have stoped sending new phones for broken phones but as the women on the phone told my partner to remove the battery she did and it totally bricked it because as you no the battery can't be taken out she had no choice

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF
Back in stock on the Orange store now. Although still advertising it as GB with no mention of ICS update already available which is just weird and surely must hurt sales. Don't Orange WANT to sell these things?

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7
Guess they don't want to sell them. Was £169.99 last time I went in store and £179.99 this weekend...

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Guess they don't want to sell them. Was £169.99 last time I went in store and £179.99 this weekend...

Still £169.99 online. I suspect your local store couldn't find it's backside using both hands, not unusual for a mobile high street store of any flavour.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Cheers, makes it more tempting again then. I looked in both the stores, the ex-orange and ex-t-mobile one and both had £179.99 this time.

Konstipated Kiwi

Konstipated Kiwi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Orange are still doing £30 cashback via Quidco for PAYG handsets over £140. This makes the handset itself effectively £140. Orange actually paid my cashback to Quidco within a fortnight so I got it back in my bank account in about a month (Quidco pay out in the middle and end of every month).

NB: If you are new to Quidco they take £5 commission each year out of your cashback. If this will be the first time you use them then your cashback will effectively be £25.

Edited by Konstipated Kiwi, 26 November 2012 - 09:05 AM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Orange are still doing £30 cashback via Quidco for PAYG handsets over £140. This makes the handset itself effectively £140. Orange actually paid my cashback to Quidco within a fortnight so I got it back in my bank account in about a month (Quidco pay out in the middle and end of every month).

NB: If you are new to Quidco they take £5 commission each year out of your cashback. If this will be the first time you use them then your cashback will effectively be £25.

TopCashBack were £35(I think) but seem to have slipped back to £30.30 although there's no £5 first time fee to pay.

Mrtransformer124

Mrtransformer124

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
when i got mine it came preloaded with orange ICS

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Devices:Android
It is still available on a contract, but the PAYG version does seem to have been discontinued. Soon they should have one more, because I am sending one back (Orange messed up the order big time, and it is easier to reorder than trying to fix it...).

grizzlyflea

grizzlyflea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Have they permanently discontinued the PAYG version. or is it just a temporary thing?

grizzlyflea

grizzlyflea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Have they permanently discontinued the PAYG version. or is it just a temporary thing?

anyone?

Edited by grizzlyflea, 08 January 2013 - 07:25 PM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
Hmm, it's disappeared entirely off PAYG now, still showing up on contract.

grizzlyflea

grizzlyflea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I really wanted to buy one on payg :(

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Saw a poster featuring the San Diego in EE shop window today so looks like some still have them at least.
Mind you it was on the website earlier too albeit oos...

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

I really wanted to buy one on payg :(

The shops should still have some.

grizzlyflea

grizzlyflea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

The shops should still have some.

I reaaaalllyyyyy hope they do. mum told me she'll give me the money next week. I guess I've just got to hope that by next they haven't fully sold out :unsure:

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Devices:Android

Online it looks permanent. Orange does that sometimes, in order to encourage people to go on a contract.

Checking in store is probably the best option. Or look at the second hand market, where it is still available for around the same price.

geoff1951

geoff1951

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, Nexus 4
Just seen these posts. Should be interesting when I go to the shop later today to pick up the one I've ordered for my daughter. (Which I couldn't get through Topcashback - out of stock on there.)

LATER -

...and, guess what, it wasn't in. But they are advertising it at £99 etc, on the displays.

Shop - "yes sir, it actually says FROM the 9th"
Me - "True. But that means it SHOULD be here today. FROM doesn't mean some time after the 9th. So why isn't it here?" (Knowing full well that the assistant won't have a clue.)
Shop - "It should be in tomorrow."
Me - "what makes you say that?"
Shop - Assistant realised he's just spouted bullsh1t. Goes red. "er, they usually are."
Me - "so, if it isn't in tomorrow, are you suggesting I come back every day thereafter to check?"
Shop - "No, I, er..."
Me - "Can I phone the shop?"
Shop - "Sorry, we can't give out our numbers.
Me - "OK. Are you going to cover my petrol and parking costs for every visit that doesn't produce the phone?"
"Shop - "Sorry..."
Me - "Right. Let's see what happens tomorrow, shall we?" Exit, stage left, smiling at customer listening to this. Got a thumbs up back, so felt better about that.

To be continued...

Edited by geoff1951, 09 January 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Spunky Backpack

Spunky Backpack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
Just phoned Orange to query my online order - wanted to cancel it as I ended up buying a PAYG OSD in an Orange shop. They said no payment was taken from my CC as the handset is discontinued.

Edited by Spunky Backpack, 10 January 2013 - 03:04 PM.

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Explains the price plummet then. They should have done much better from this phone as it is one hell of a device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users