[22/07/2013] Eco CM7 - A minimalist cm7 build

Guest jventura

Thanks... I am already on 128 partition. The point is to use the eco features of cm7 without having to wipe and starting from scratch..

not sure what features you mean, this is just a cut down CM7 (which is a good thing) with a very slightly diff. configuration? i.e. it's v useful if you're coming from standard partition sizes.

Guest jventura

not sure what features you mean, this is just a cut down CM7 (which is a good thing) with a very slightly diff. configuration? i.e. it's v useful if you're coming from standard partition sizes.

In a general way, I've tweaked some settings on the source code, to make transitions/animations faster, font size a little bittle lower, added Eco Wallpapers (apk), and modified the framework and mms to allow mms auto-retrieval.

I think dhoomktoo1 can update to this build from another 7.2 without losing data, but I suggest a previous backup, should anything go wrong..

yeah sorry i forgot the default partition size is larger isn't it? this is good if you want max space for apps.

can someone remind me easiest way to resize to e.g. 120MB system? i seem to always have slightly too little space for apps with 160mb system..

Guest jventura

yeah sorry i forgot the default partition size is larger isn't it? this is good if you want max space for apps.

can someone remind me easiest way to resize to e.g. 120MB system? i seem to always have slightly too little space for apps with 160mb system..

Search for "TPT Helper" in Google Play, I think it is the easiest and fastest way. Make sure to check md5's and things like that, play it safe.. I've bricked my Blade once (wasn't using TPT Helper, though)..

Guest jventura

great build, the only thing missing is the navigation bar, is it possible to add this to CM7?

I don't know if there is a patch to Cm7 source code to do that. If there is, I may include, if not, I won't do it myself, since it is not an important feature (for me)..

I don't know if there is a patch to Cm7 source code to do that. If there is, I may include, if not, I won't do it myself, since it is not an important feature (for me)..

am downloading this rom now thanks :)

still have the CM7-SOFT-KEYS-sofbuttons-tablets_patch.zip im not sure who made it but i will test it and let you know if it works :)

edit:-

ok i found the patches made by Mr KonstaT :) have not even downloaded rom yet so no idea if it works ..

edit:_

*** DOES NOT WORK ***

links removed

Edited by emotty

still have the CM7-SOFT-KEYS-sofbuttons-tablets_patch.zip im not sure who made it but i will test it and let you know if it works :)

thanks!

could you provide a link to that (and a screenshot would be nice ;) )

Guest jventura

Hum, check inside the zip if the files /system/framework/framework.jar and framework-res.apk are there. If those files are inside the zip file, you will mess with the mms auto-retrieval settings, and other things. I changed quite some things in the framework's source code!

Hum, check inside the zip if the files /system/framework/framework.jar and framework-res.apk are there. If those files are inside the zip file, you will mess with the mms auto-retrieval settings, and other things. I changed quite some things in the framework's source code!

looks like it will do some damage to yours,but at least you know where theres a source for making a softkeys patch ... just installed your rom ... will play for 5 mins then flash the konstat patch ...

Guest jventura

looks like it will do some damage to yours,but at least you know where theres a source for making a softkeys patch ... just installed your rom ... will play for 5 mins then flash the konstat patch ...

So where are the sources? I mean the source-code for the softkeys, because I can't do nothing with compiled binaries.. :)

Been to ICS and JB, and now we are back to JB.

Totally agree with you when you say that GB better suits out blade.

I have a question though, regarding kernel. Does this one have undervolting? I remember my blade did not like undervolting. Since we are thriving to minimize battery drain, which one is better in your opinion? The stock ZTE .35 kernel, or the one built from ZTE sources?

Guest KonstaT

Since I lost track of the location of the proprietary blobs tailored for cm7 (they were in someone's github), I had to took the blobs out of the latest cm7 nightly build. So, I don't know what blobs they are, but they are working fine in my original Gen1 tpt'd-to Gen2.. :)

I think most, if not all, vendor proprietaries that are used in official CM builds are in TheMuppets github.

ok i found the patches made by Mr KonstaT :) have not even downloaded rom yet so no idea if it works ..

Huh, even I don't know what you are talking about. :P I've never released anything for CM7 because I never preferred it over official ZTE gingerbread.

So where are the sources? I mean the source-code for the softkeys, because I can't do nothing with compiled binaries.. :)

You can enable status bar softkeys in CM7 simply by changing single boolean in framework. There's also boolean for if keys are displayed on left or right and which keys are displayed by default. Simplest way is probably to overlay those in your device tree.

Guest jventura

You can enable status bar softkeys in CM7 simply by changing single boolean in framework. There's also boolean for if keys are displayed on left or right and which keys are displayed by default. Simplest way is probably to overlay those in your device tree.

Thanks Konsta! :)

I did not know that it was just settings in the "config.xml" file of framework-res.apk. Maybe it does not require compilation, just a change in the values/config.xml files..

Guest jventura

it is incredible. a smooth and stable cm7 rom for my zte blade!!!

but are there a lot of differences between this rom and eco7 killer99???

killer99 removed some apk's from this build here. You have to check in the other thread exactly which apk's he deleted..

Guest jventura

Installed this ROM yesterday, and did not install anything else, apart from syncing my contacts with google, to keep it minimal.

I still got a overnight battery drain, which is caused by, AndroidOS running for about 1 hr as it says.

What could be wrong? This did not happen with SS.

Reboot.. :)

For 2 years since I have my ZTE Blade, now and then this happened with any ROM, stock rom's included..

Guest azidhaka

Fastest rom on my Blade. Thank you, @jventura

Quick question, might be my mistake, not a fault with the rom: When the data connection is active on 3G (GSM/WCDMA auto) and i receive a call, it is being disconnected (the ''H'' disappears). Then, when the call finishes it first reconnects in GPRS mode (the "G") and after a couple of seconds switches to HSPDA. It looks to me the phone switches to 2G when on call, which disconnects the data connection as usual. I haven't noticed this behaviour on other roms (Swedish Snow and CM9/10) - the HSPDA connection persists while i'm on call. Can please someone test that?

Guest jventura

Quick question, might be my mistake, not a fault with the rom: When the data connection is active on 3G (GSM/WCDMA auto) and i receive a call, it is being disconnected (the ''H'' disappears). Then, when the call finishes it first reconnects in GPRS mode (the "G") and after a couple of seconds switches to HSPDA. It looks to me the phone switches to 2G when on call, which disconnects the data connection as usual. I haven't noticed this behaviour on other roms (Swedish Snow and CM9/10) - the HSPDA connection persists while i'm on call. Can please someone test that?

It may be something on the source code, I don't know. However, if your search for things like "voice calls 3G" you will find some pages that mention that some telecom providers don't allow data and voice communications at the same time..

Very good rom, thank you @jventura

Quick question, it's any chance to change battery icon to circle with percentage?

I used to use that also back in wbaw's GSF, but check out the UOT Kitchen (at http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/)! You will have to submit the files "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk", which are inside the zip (in /system/framework and /system/app folders respectively)..

Guest d_borghi

i'm using this rom with link2sd.

i don't know why, but after a nandroid backup (by clockworkmod) and a restore all my apps on sd-ext2 disappear.

then i must restore them by titanium backup...

Guest jventura

i'm using this rom with link2sd.

i don't know why, but after a nandroid backup (by clockworkmod) and a restore all my apps on sd-ext2 disappear.

then i must restore them by titanium backup...

Edited by jventura