186 replies to this topic

kingpair

kingpair

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
This thing just flies. Thank you jventura. Here's a stripped down LatinIME.apk GB keyboard, english only, in case anyone's interested.
http://www.mediafire...rsuhb8mn8c5953c

My SMS notification ringtone isn't working. Anybody else with that problem?

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

You can enable status bar softkeys in CM7 simply by changing single boolean in framework. There's also boolean for if keys are displayed on left or right and which keys are displayed by default. Simplest way is probably to overlay those in your device tree.

Thanks Konsta! :)

I did not know that it was just settings in the "config.xml" file of framework-res.apk. Maybe it does not require compilation, just a change in the values/config.xml files..

d_borghi

d_borghi

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
it is incredible. a smooth and stable cm7 rom for my zte blade!!!
but are there a lot of differences between this rom and eco7 killer99???

tnx
db

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

it is incredible. a smooth and stable cm7 rom for my zte blade!!!
but are there a lot of differences between this rom and eco7 killer99???

killer99 removed some apk's from this build here. You have to check in the other thread exactly which apk's he deleted..

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Installed this ROM yesterday, and did not install anything else, apart from syncing my contacts with google, to keep it minimal.
I still got a overnight battery drain, which is caused by, AndroidOS running for about 1 hr as it says.
What could be wrong? This did not happen with SS.

Reboot.. :)
For 2 years since I have my ZTE Blade, now and then this happened with any ROM, stock rom's included..

azidhaka

azidhaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Fastest rom on my Blade. Thank you, @jventura

Quick question, might be my mistake, not a fault with the rom: When the data connection is active on 3G (GSM/WCDMA auto) and i receive a call, it is being disconnected (the ''H'' disappears). Then, when the call finishes it first reconnects in GPRS mode (the "G") and after a couple of seconds switches to HSPDA. It looks to me the phone switches to 2G when on call, which disconnects the data connection as usual. I haven't noticed this behaviour on other roms (Swedish Snow and CM9/10) - the HSPDA connection persists while i'm on call. Can please someone test that?

Baxxxx

Baxxxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Very good rom, thank you @jventura
Quick question, it's any chance to change battery icon to circle with percentage?

Edited by Baxxxx, 13 November 2012 - 01:29 PM.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Quick question, might be my mistake, not a fault with the rom: When the data connection is active on 3G (GSM/WCDMA auto) and i receive a call, it is being disconnected (the ''H'' disappears). Then, when the call finishes it first reconnects in GPRS mode (the "G") and after a couple of seconds switches to HSPDA. It looks to me the phone switches to 2G when on call, which disconnects the data connection as usual. I haven't noticed this behaviour on other roms (Swedish Snow and CM9/10) - the HSPDA connection persists while i'm on call. Can please someone test that?

It may be something on the source code, I don't know. However, if your search for things like "voice calls 3G" you will find some pages that mention that some telecom providers don't allow data and voice communications at the same time..

Very good rom, thank you @jventura
Quick question, it's any chance to change battery icon to circle with percentage?

I used to use that also back in wbaw's GSF, but check out the UOT Kitchen (at http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/)! You will have to submit the files "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk", which are inside the zip (in /system/framework and /system/app folders respectively)..

d_borghi

d_borghi

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
i'm using this rom with link2sd.
i don't know why, but after a nandroid backup (by clockworkmod) and a restore all my apps on sd-ext2 disappear.
then i must restore them by titanium backup...

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

i'm using this rom with link2sd.
i don't know why, but after a nandroid backup (by clockworkmod) and a restore all my apps on sd-ext2 disappear.
then i must restore them by titanium backup...

I think that "Wipe Data" in Clockwordmod format the sd-ext partition, but I am not sure if the "backup" backups that partition.. Well, I don't use sd-ext so I'm not the most informed guy about those subjects.. :)

Edit: just check that backup seems to backup the sd-ext, so must be something wrong with the cwm..

Edited by jventura, 13 November 2012 - 08:59 PM.

emotty

emotty

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:knitting .. :P
  • Devices:san francisco

So where are the sources? I mean the source-code for the softkeys, because I can't do nothing with compiled binaries.. :)

i meant that the source was KonstaT himself,being a knowledgable and helpful type he might have given you his code to modify .. and maybe some help doing it ;)

Huh, even I don't know what you are talking about. :P I've never released anything for CM7 because I never preferred it over official ZTE gingerbread.

this is the original ***Swedish Snow RLS7*** thread and links i posted and also where i got the "CM7-SOFT-KEYS-sofbuttons-tablets_patch.zip" i was on about from :)

http://www.modaco.co...00#entry1909064

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry1909473

Flash Freak !

azidhaka

azidhaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

It may be something on the source code, I don't know. However, if your search for things like "voice calls 3G" you will find some pages that mention that some telecom providers don't allow data and voice communications at the same time..

It turns out it was a city-wide 3G coverage problem which coincided me installing the rom. It was back to normal in a couple of hours. Thank you!

Any possibility to produce a kernel with the old wifi driver? I've used sej's kernel ( http://blade.windows98.co.uk/ ) before on stock CM7.2, can i use it with your rom?

Edited by azidhaka, 14 November 2012 - 10:35 AM.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Any possibility to produce a kernel with the old wifi driver? I've used sej's kernel ( http://blade.windows98.co.uk/ ) before on stock CM7.2, can i use it with your rom?

This is basically an updated CM7.2 so I think there is no problem. Do a backup first! :)

Baxxxx

Baxxxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I used to use that also back in wbaw's GSF, but check out the UOT Kitchen (at http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/)! You will have to submit the files "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk", which are inside the zip (in /system/framework and /system/app folders respectively)..

Thanks, I'll try. Thank you also for the mms fix :)

azidhaka

azidhaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I've been running Eco CM7 with sej's kernel for 10 days now and i must report that everything (including battery life) is great. I can now leave my 3G connected all day and charge only every two days, which is an improvement of at least 12 hours over Swedish Snow RLS7. Battery life was the same with the original kernel, sej's kernel fixes some wifi issues on my Blade.

Great work, jventura (and sej).

Edited by azidhaka, 24 November 2012 - 04:17 PM.

Gnitrops

Gnitrops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I've been running Eco CM7 with sej's kernel for 10 days now and i must report that everything (including battery life) is great. I can now leave my 3G connected all day and charge only every two days, which is an improvement of at least 12 hours over Swedish Snow RLS7. Battery life was the same with the original kernel, sej's kernel fixes some wifi issues on my Blade.

Great work, jventura (and sej).

How did you apply sej's kernel to this ROM? I'd love to get those results on my Blade :)

azidhaka

azidhaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

How did you apply sej's kernel to this ROM? I'd love to get those results on my Blade :)

I think this kernel is only usable for people with wireless instability problems, like me. Other than the wireless driver nothing should be different from the original kernel this rom ships with.

Download the kernel from here: http://blade.windows98.co.uk/ (zip file) and install it under recovery. No need to wipe anything.

brunoalex

brunoalex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
This is a awesome rom! thanks =)

But I just wanted to add one thing... The circle battery mod
I had it on the swedish snow, but how can I add it too in this rom?

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

This is a awesome rom! thanks =)

But I just wanted to add one thing... The circle battery mod
I had it on the swedish snow, but how can I add it too in this rom?

Hi Bruno,

check out the UOT Kitchen (at http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/) which allows you to add the circle battery mod.

You will probably have to submit the files "framework-res.apk" and/or "SystemUI.apk", which are inside the zip (in /system/framework and /system/app folders respectively).. Then, the "kitchen" will allow you to download the modified files, which you should put again inside the zip file (in the respective folders) and install the ROM. I think there is no problem to install the "newly" modified ROM over the Eco CM7, but better to do a backup first..

João Ventura

brunoalex

brunoalex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
thanks!

I've just added the battery style and instaled the zip file given by the kitchen... Now its perfect =)

I want to give you a special thanks, because after more than 1 year searching for a solution... Now I finaly can receive mms!
Thank you sir jventura

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users