[22/07/2013] Eco CM7 - A minimalist cm7 build

Guest jventura

Guest azidhaka

It may be something on the source code, I don't know. However, if your search for things like "voice calls 3G" you will find some pages that mention that some telecom providers don't allow data and voice communications at the same time..

It turns out it was a city-wide 3G coverage problem which coincided me installing the rom. It was back to normal in a couple of hours. Thank you!

Any possibility to produce a kernel with the old wifi driver? I've used sej's kernel ( http://blade.windows98.co.uk/ ) before on stock CM7.2, can i use it with your rom?

Edited by azidhaka

I used to use that also back in wbaw's GSF, but check out the UOT Kitchen (at http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/)! You will have to submit the files "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk", which are inside the zip (in /system/framework and /system/app folders respectively)..

Thanks, I'll try. Thank you also for the mms fix :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest azidhaka

I've been running Eco CM7 with sej's kernel for 10 days now and i must report that everything (including battery life) is great. I can now leave my 3G connected all day and charge only every two days, which is an improvement of at least 12 hours over Swedish Snow RLS7. Battery life was the same with the original kernel, sej's kernel fixes some wifi issues on my Blade.

Great work, jventura (and sej).

Edited by azidhaka

Guest Gnitrops

I've been running Eco CM7 with sej's kernel for 10 days now and i must report that everything (including battery life) is great. I can now leave my 3G connected all day and charge only every two days, which is an improvement of at least 12 hours over Swedish Snow RLS7. Battery life was the same with the original kernel, sej's kernel fixes some wifi issues on my Blade.

Great work, jventura (and sej).

How did you apply sej's kernel to this ROM? I'd love to get those results on my Blade :)

Guest azidhaka

How did you apply sej's kernel to this ROM? I'd love to get those results on my Blade :)

I think this kernel is only usable for people with wireless instability problems, like me. Other than the wireless driver nothing should be different from the original kernel this rom ships with.

Download the kernel from here: http://blade.windows98.co.uk/ (zip file) and install it under recovery. No need to wipe anything.

Guest brunoalex

This is a awesome rom! thanks =)

But I just wanted to add one thing... The circle battery mod

I had it on the swedish snow, but how can I add it too in this rom?

Guest jventura

This is a awesome rom! thanks =)

But I just wanted to add one thing... The circle battery mod

I had it on the swedish snow, but how can I add it too in this rom?

Hi Bruno,

check out the UOT Kitchen (at http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/) which allows you to add the circle battery mod.

You will probably have to submit the files "framework-res.apk" and/or "SystemUI.apk", which are inside the zip (in /system/framework and /system/app folders respectively).. Then, the "kitchen" will allow you to download the modified files, which you should put again inside the zip file (in the respective folders) and install the ROM. I think there is no problem to install the "newly" modified ROM over the Eco CM7, but better to do a backup first..

João Ventura

Guest brunoalex

thanks!

I've just added the battery style and instaled the zip file given by the kitchen... Now its perfect =)

I want to give you a special thanks, because after more than 1 year searching for a solution... Now I finaly can receive mms!

Thank you sir jventura

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. First of all... great ROM! Extremely fast!

but i'm having an issue... i'm using S2E and its the second time this happens... suddenly internal memory gets full... completely full... any ideas about what may be causing this?

Guest jventura

Hi there. First of all... great ROM! Extremely fast!

but i'm having an issue... i'm using S2E and its the second time this happens... suddenly internal memory gets full... completely full... any ideas about what may be causing this?

No idea, sorry.. I've never used S2E..

Obvious question: Are you sure your sd is not full? :)

No idea, sorry.. I've never used S2E..

Obvious question: Are you sure your sd is not full? :)

yep... absolutely sure :-)

it's the internal phone memory that gets filled up.

btw... do you have any flashable version of your mms auto retrieval fix that can be used on a "normal" CM7 ROM?

Guest sam tyler

downloaded assortment eco cm7 zip but comes up as m.player also gapps gb 20110828 comes up with the same name as well.and avg says they are adware! whats going on?

Guest jventura

btw... do you have any flashable version of your mms auto retrieval fix that can be used on a "normal" CM7 ROM?

This is "normal" cm7 (7.2 to be more explicit).. :)

But if you want the mms patch in other cm7.2, you need to copy framework.jar and mms.apk. But it can have nasty effects, so attention for backups..

downloaded assortment eco cm7 zip but comes up as m.player also gapps gb 20110828 comes up with the same name as well.and avg says they are adware! whats going on?

Hum? :huh:

It is working fine to me.. Are you sure that you have not any virus in your computer or something like Internet Explorer plugins that are forcing you to download spyware?

Guest sam tyler

downloaded other stuff as well.all fine,but the site the rom is on,it keeps trying to download some download manager.its just the files listed under 'add on's' on my adware checker.the rom is fine.also. downloaded another cm7 type rom just now its just the add ons.maybe my settings are to high?

Edited by sam tyler

Guest sam tyler

by the way,i put this rom on my spare blade.its fast,very fast! for a cm7 rom its good.and my apps respond better.battery still takes a kicking with cm7 but if i go into recovery,i think i just wipe battery stat and hopefully that will sort it.

Guest jventura

by the way,i put this rom on my spare blade.its fast,very fast! for a cm7 rom its good.and my apps respond better.battery still takes a kicking with cm7 but if i go into recovery,i think i just wipe battery stat and hopefully that will sort it.

Sam, if you read the third post, I give some suggestions about managing better battery life. But the thing I would stress more is to disable the auto-rotation.. I still think there is a bug on one of the drivers which is using the magnetic sensor (which draws too much battery) than the g-sensor (which uses much less battery) to control the auto-rotation. With the auto-rotation off, I think you'll improve your battery life by about 30%-40%, round numbers.

Guest sam tyler

Sam, if you read the third post, I give some suggestions about managing better battery life. But the thing I would stress more is to disable the auto-rotation.. I still think there is a bug on one of the drivers which is using the magnetic sensor (which draws too much battery) than the g-sensor (which uses much less battery) to control the auto-rotation. With the auto-rotation off, I think you'll improve your battery life by about 30%-40%, round numbers.

i be doing that today.thanks for the heads up......update done what`s in 3rd post(inc cpu).as this rom is on my spare blade,(other blade is cm10/paranoid android)i will test this rom for the rest of the week to see how it goes.i will post here how the phone has been working.cheers for the rom. Edited by sam tyler

Guest Snap.IT

I doubt it.

I've gotten so far with Mokee (neo kernel) that with five hours of use over 48 hours i got 10% left which will last for a while if someone calls (more than one hour) but it takes breaking some compatibility with ADB over network and some apps that require Wifi to be static.

It's daft, wifi should always be dynamic so while it's the fastest of all and certainly the one with best battery potential, it's all ruined by the sub par networking.

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest jventura

I doubt it.

I've gotten so far with Mokee (neo kernel) that with five hours of use over 48 hours i got 10% left which will last for a while if someone calls (more than one hour) but it takes breaking some compatibility with ADB over network and some apps that require Wifi to be static.

It's daft, wifi should always be dynamic so while it's the fastest of all and certainly the one with best battery potential, it's all ruined by the sub par networking.

Well, I don't have real numbers to back me up, just my perception! :)

But once I set some printfs in the g-sensor driver on the kernel, and I saw the initialization but never saw the logs on data coming. Also, with List Sensor, I could see that the graphic output of the g-sensor in the app was quite similar to the magnetic sensor. I went through the datasheet specs of the devices, and in the end, I came to the conclusion that the culprit could be a binary named AKMD2 for which we don't have source.. This akmd2 is a loop service which queries the g-sensor and magnetic sensor and sends the results to /dev/something through a pipe.. In the first versions of cm7, everything was ok, but when gen2 came along and some phones would not work with cm7, TomG changed the "old" akmd2 with a "newer" akmd2, and battery usage was never the same..

I play a lot of a single game (Sudoku) which does not use lot of cpu, mostly waiting for my input and process it (like 1 number each 2 seconds, which is a lot of time idling), and I can see perfectly the difference on battery drainage with and without screen rotation switched on. Of course, the drainage will only be most obvious in specific usages such as screen on with lots of idling. If you game a lot, the drainage will be as expected, and if you have the phone in deep sleep, the sensors are disabled..

So, you are right to doubt my previous 30%-40%, since you probably use your phone in different ways than me.. :)

Edited by jventura

Guest coolizard

Hello, there.

Thanks a lot to allow me use a CM7 rom. In all the CM7 rom based, the mms doesn't work on my blade (with data off). I used the Swedish Snow, CM9 and CM10. CM9 and CM10 seems to be heavy for the device. The Swedish Snow dont have the same customization and themes.

But, in your rom, in order to receive mms and get a notification, I had to define in the internet APN the type as 'default' (and not 'default,supl').

Once again, thanks for resolving this old problem, that prevent some people use the CM7.

(really sorry about the english)

Guest sam tyler

Hello, here`s my review of this rom,i`ve had this rom on my phone for just over a week.its good.and i even have about 98MB free because of this rom!(the phone im using has 203mb of data,37mb of cache and the system is 215/220 thanks to a tpt upgrade via tpt helper on Google play)this is my spare phone(my other blade has the same data cache etc) i knew it would take a few days for the rom to calm down and run fine.i learnt this from using the zte racer(cm7 rtc)first of the camera apk took some very bad pics(the first few times)but after a reboot,i worked.i normally use my phone for lot of texting and emailing.the battery at first was a drainer,but after looking at post3,it did help.i believe it took a few days(about 3/4)for the phone to work as i wanted it. i know the way ive tpted both my phones i could have just put cm10 on both(my main phone paranoid android)but as i said,it does take a few days to get the best of the battery.the launcher is good and its the first time ive got on with launcher pro.i dont know about google maps or games as i don`t use them on any of my phones.its a good rom,but don`t expect it to start right straight away.and follow what it says in post 3 and you can`t go wrong.thanks for the rom.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest jventura

Hi, I installed this ROM and liked it but I found it rebooted frequently for no reason that I could determine. Any idea what might be causing that?

Thanks

Tom

Hi there, no idea.. Try to download it again, wipe data, cache and Dalvik-cache, reinstall again from the beginning...