6 replies to this topic

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Is it at all possible to just not mount the internal 2gb? And then surely the system would have to default/stay on sdcard. Not sure how to go about testing this though?

Vold edit? I'm using Stock+ rom with Paul's kernel and the rom is unbelievably fast and responsive. Only the stupid storage issue plagues me. Tried to format sdcard too.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
Modaco Paul said he'd be happy to discuss his findings re storage with anyone interested. Twitter works for contact :)

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,849 posts
  • Interests:ET Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

Is it at all possible to just not mount the internal 2gb? And then surely the system would have to default/stay on sdcard. Not sure how to go about testing this though?

Vold edit? I'm using Stock+ rom with Paul's kernel and the rom is unbelievably fast and responsive. Only the stupid storage issue plagues me. Tried to format sdcard too.

yes, i know how to, and did a while ago, only problem is that it brakes usb mass storage and you have to use MTP connection

will will upload it for to have a look

EDIT: actually it easier just to use this http://ubuntuone.com...jv83kcre88BAMEQ

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC
I think I've found a rather interesting way around this problem. Check your PM, Frankish.

Edited by Cyda, 12 November 2012 - 08:03 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,849 posts

I think I've found a rather interesting way around this problem. Check your PM, Frankish.

???

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

???

I'll share more info later... Just doing a bit more testing whilst trying to cook spag bol. lol

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,849 posts

I'll share more info later... Just doing a bit more testing whilst trying to cook spag bol. lol

i was making changes in the framework to try resolve the problem but it always caused another problem lol

framework-res.apk / res / xml

external_primary_list.xml
internal_primary_list.xml
storage_list.xml

looking at these specifically

you can see in "storage_list.xml" that internal is set to primary, i changed this to be the external but don't think it made a difference

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<StorageList
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<storage android:mountPoint="/mnt/sdcard" android:storageDescription="@string/storage_internal" android:primary="true" android:emulated="true" />
<storage android:mountPoint="/mnt/sdcard2" android:storageDescription="@string/storage_sd_card" android:removable="true" />
</StorageList>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users