I have bricked my Cloudmobile

Guest loop0

(Sorry for my English)

@Vache, i've read your twitter too late :-(

Yesterday i've tried too unlock the bootloader with Unlock_firmware.zip, reboot and... nothing, black screen.

You know why...

But the S500 isn't dead, when i connect it to USB port, it's detected as (on linux):

Product: QHSUSB_DLOAD

idVendor=05c6, idProduct=9008

I think we can download a firmware with a special tool from Acer ? But do you have one or an other solution ? i bet no...

I believe that i need to return my S500 to an Acer service repair :-(

Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry to heard that.

Had a CM in this state, was able to use this script : https://github.com/jcsullins/qdl-upload/blob/master/qdl-upload.pl and write on memory. But dunno what to do next.

Didn't find other tool to flash the phone in this state. (seems like the situation is the same for all MSM8x60 devices)

It's currently in SAV and waiting for news.

Thanks vache, i'm going to return my CM to ACER service too, hoping like davidevinavil they do in warranty.

Edit: Forget to thanks you davidevinavil for the 'root' and vache for the recovery.

Edited by loop0

Yes indeed, thanks both of you to provide us with the CWM recovery and the root ! If i brick mine i would have to use my ZTE blade again (after I get my digitizer replaced). Although i have to admit that on that Blade i have the CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2) from KonstaT running, i will be very happy the day i can run that on my Acer CM :-)

Guest Alexandru.k_24

OK guys....i`ve successfully unbricked my device.I will do more tests and after that i will post a tutorial with the instructions for unbricking Acer S500.This unbrick method will also upgrade the firmware version to the latest one avalaible for this device.Unfortunately the baseband will remain the same as it was before brick/unbrick the device.So for those with locked on Orange phones...the phone will remain locked.Also...the system will be allready rooted.

Edited by Alexandru.k_24

Guest Alexandru.k_24

nop...still locked bootloader.i will try to make the recovery kit in to a flashable zip.tested again and it works just fine.will upload to my dropbox if someone need the recovery kit.

Guest Alexandru.k_24

You`re right vache...my phone was soft brick not bricked at all.as my phone has a warranty i don`t care about it...i mean...i can allways change it with a new one as long as the phone is not slammed,dropped...or any mechanical damage.so...i`ve tried all the mods and firmwares from your ftp drive and i have found one that is working just fine after flash-it via CWM.but...i have one problem...after flashing and reflashing the phone...my wireless doesn`t work anymore.tried to flash the "Update" from your ftp folder again(because with this firmware the wireless worked) but now still doesn`t work.too bad...cause now i have to stay one week without my Cloud Mobile until Orange changes the phone for me:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Crashreptila

Hi, can anyone help me? I was trying to make the update to 4.1.2 and after restart it is stuck at the second acer logo...I can enter in android recovery/fastboot mode, I have on my card 4.1.2 update...but I get update failed when I try ro flash...How could I flash 4.0.4. again? Or, what happend?

Guest wimmme

Hi, can anyone help me? I was trying to make the update to 4.1.2 and after restart it is stuck at the second acer logo...I can enter in android recovery/fastboot mode, I have on my card 4.1.2 update...but I get update failed when I try ro flash...How could I flash 4.0.4. again? Or, what happend?

You should edit the update.zip, on your SD card. Do not unzip, use 7zip or so to edit the following file directly in the archive:

META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

remove the first line that checks for the correct device

I cannot assure that this will work for you, but it did the trick for me ...