• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

macsbac

macsbac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC magic
I wonder how many people are on the Nexus 4 device page hitting f5 to see if it becomes available. Why don't Google just tell us whats going on?

Paul77

Paul77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7, HOX, G1
Managed to get a 16gb N4 after repeatedly having to restart the payment process. It disappeared from my cart a few times but I found that if I went back a couple of pages it would reappear and I was able to start the payment process all over again. 30 mins of doing that and the order went through.

cmberry20

cmberry20

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Devices:San Franciso

"I wonder how many people are on the Nexus 4 device page hitting f5 to see if it becomes available. Why don't Google just tell us whats going on?"

^ Yep, that would be me!

btw, CTRL+F5 is better as thats a complete refresh & clears the cache for that page instead of using cache stored on the PC.

Edited by cmberry20, 13 November 2012 - 10:26 AM.

flashyphotos

flashyphotos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7
The 3G Nexus 7 Link is working again just managed to get my order through at 10:40

jlgreg

jlgreg

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5, LG Nexus 4 16GB
I see quite a few are on Ebay now for a £70+ mark up! Still tempted..........lol

cmberry20

cmberry20

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Devices:San Franciso
I thought about buying 3 or 4 & selling them on ebay. But because of all the fees involved to make at least £10 profit you need to selling a N4 for £335+
So, to me, its definately not worth the hassle of making £30~£40

xzyk

xzyk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:mobiles, Winmo, Android
  • Devices:various
What other company can manage to frustrate, annoy and downright alienate a major part of the it's own potential (and existing) customer base; Google ofcourse.
Extremely amateurish selling campaign, someone should get fired for this, hopefully someone senior at Google like maybe a VP !
It was so very simple to solve; take pre-orders, judge response, source accordingly.

Google, you have made some enemies today !

May your jouney be uneventful !
Nexus 4......SlimMako-4.3
ZTE Blade Blade Mix V2.2.
Advent VEGA VegaComb 3.2 9n.
SGS2 -Insanity JB 0.83
Asus FonePad...stock
Huawei Y300 Stock (B186) with CWM recovery.
Arnova 7G3 -stock.
Alcatel OT-983....stock

redmongoose

redmongoose

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
It was a painless process for me. N4 16gb & N10 16gb ordered with £9.99 shipping total.

Just hoping they ship in order. Last couple of times I preordered I was always shipped days after everyone else!

leedsrgaskell

leedsrgaskell

Long time lurker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Bah, just spoke to a nice lady at Play Store devices support, no specific date given as to when they are due back in stock

Sent: 13 November 2012 14:32
To: me
Subject: RE: [2-2823000000137] Phone Call Follow-up

Hello Richard,

Thank you for contacting Google Play! I received a call from you concerning the Nexus 4 availability. I can understand that receiving a new device can be exciting. I would be more then happy to clarify any questions you may have concerning this device.

We're working to stock additional inventory and hope to have Nexus 4 available soon. I’m unable to provide a specific date of availability at this time.

If you've already ordered, please rest assured that your existing order is in no way affected and will ship according to the time frame listed at the time of your order.

--
leedsrgaskell

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
I'm not sure why everyone's going so mental, this type of thing happens all the time on websites all around the world when they become overloaded with traffic, just because they are Google does not mean they are exempt especially if they hadn't predicted such a huge demand.

Additionally, why is everyone so eager to get this device today? Everybody, especially Nexus owners and seasoned tech guys should know by now that early adopters are ALWAYS the ones that get shafted.

Have a cup of tea, wait a couple of weeks if you have too, see if any potential issues emerge and chill out. What can you possibly gain from being one of the first to own this device? A few million have just ordered it too, your not special in anyway. Have some patience.

Everyone round here is acting like a bunch of mac tard iTwats.

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Devices:Moto E
not long til we hear about the first batch hardware faults.

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

not long til we hear about the first batch hardware faults.

haha exactly, wouldn't be surprised if there's a sudden spike in hospital admissions for stress related heart attacks the way some of these guys are going on.

Zahid

Zahid

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I received emails this morning at 08:32 and 08:36, the first confirming availability of the Nexus 10, and second for the Nexus 7 3G. Had a busy day at work, and lunch ended up being a working lunch/meeting so didn't have time to order.

Came home at 6pm, and after placing an order for the Nexus 7 3G, I noticed the Nexus 4 and 10 are showing as 'coming soon'.

I guess I'll just wait for the N10 to become available, but to be honest, I think I ought to settle for the 3G N7. I returned my 16gb to Tesco for a refund, so I know what to expect when it's delivered. Great little tablet!

The 3G N7 is now showing as 'coming soon' now (8:30pm)

Edited by Zahid, 13 November 2012 - 08:31 PM.

jago

jago

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I just got 'SOLD OUT' as soon as I checked out the 3G version on Google play. G@Y
Why arent other shops selling them yet???

trishmac

trishmac

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Devices:HTC One ; Nexus 7 ; W8 lap :/
  • Twitter:@cairdeas4
got mine already! beautiful and smooth..off to play :P x

comicbookguy

comicbookguy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 4
PPFFT! ;)

trishmac

trishmac

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Devices:HTC One ; Nexus 7 ; W8 lap :/
  • Twitter:@cairdeas4

PPFFT! ;)

lol ^_^

Zim

Zim

Zim Zima

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
Got mine too :P

While some see them as the crazy ones,we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

www.ez-solutionz.co.uk

You didnt come here to make the choice. Youve already made it. Youre here to try to understand why you made it.

jago

jago

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ran a custom Nexus Jelly bean rom on my Galaxy S2 last night and its flying so I'm happy for now :)

Zarch1972

Zarch1972

Diehard

• Senior News Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Husband, Dad, Wednesdayite and Geek!
  • Devices:iPhone 5S, Nexus 7, Chromebook
  • Twitter:@Zarch1972

Happy days...... looks like i'll be busy tonight. :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users